Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Laundrette

Options
  • 27-10-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I've had a very frustrating afternoon of laundry.

So 45 minutes after I started my wash I returned to find that it had stopped after just 10 minutes, leaving my clothes in a pool of water at the bottom of the drum. I had to switch machines and pay another 3 euro.

When the wash was done I put my clothes in the drier and 45 minutes later the clothes were still soaking wet, hardly even warm. I split the load up, thinking that maybe the load was too big for the drier, and after another 45 minutes one load was relatively dry while the other was still very damp. At this stage I had been doing laundry for 3 and a half hours so I just gave up.

What are other people's experiences of the laundrette on campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭stop

gwakamoley wrote: »

So 45 minutes after I started my wash I returned to find that it had stopped after just 10 minutes, leaving my clothes in a pool of water at the bottom of the drum. I had to switch machines and pay another 3 euro.

When the wash was done I put my clothes in the drier and 45 minutes later the clothes were still soaking wet, hardly even warm. I split the load up, thinking that maybe the load was too big for the drier, and after another 45 minutes one load was relatively dry while the other was still very damp. At this stage I had been doing laundry for 3 and a half hours so I just gave up.

Hard to put a positive spin on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aurora2012

I had similar problems the first time I used the Belgrove laundrette.
    Half of the machines weren't working but since i didn't know "the system" I didn't realize it and put my Ucard on one that wasn't working. Of course it took my money... The Ucard pay point wasn't working as well so I ended up spending 10 euros this evening just to wash and dry one load !! There isn't even a way to get the money back I guess ? :mad:

I went back there today and again a few people were desperately waiting for a machine that actually worked! But I was lucky this time and arrived before them! But then I had to use a dryer: it looked fine, no problem with the Ucard pay point... and it took my money again because it wouldn't start ! UCD must make a lot of money considering the number of people wasting their money there...
    This is definitely not a place to go at the end of a bad day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

gwakamoley wrote: »

I often had similar problems in Glenomena laundry. Exact same stuff that happened you. When complaints were made, a shrug of the shoulders was all that was offered. It was very frustrating. My advice, never do laundry at the weekend. Always try in the evening midweek. Machines if broken may have been fixed during the day and it's always pretty quiet so you can choose your machine.

Advertisement