Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.D.E 2013-2014

Options
  • 27-10-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

Just in my final year of my Arts degree in Nui Galway. I just had a look at the points system for PAC for a P.D.E. The least points needed were 41* to 43 for 2012. I am studying English and Geography in my degree and received 60% average for my 2nd year results. I am aware that 2013-2014 is the last year of a 1 year taught course and it will then go to 2yrs so I know demand will be high. Regarding the points system, it shows different values given for 'degrees where honours are available'. I was wondering would Arts in Galway be a course where honours is available? I know that honours are available in Maths and Irish but would this apply to me because I am doing 2 non honours subjects?

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

gavo32 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just in my final year of my Arts degree in Nui Galway. I just had a look at the points system for PAC for a P.D.E. The least points needed were 41* to 43 for 2012. I am studying English and Geography in my degree and received 60% average for my 2nd year results. I am aware that 2013-2014 is the last year of a 1 year taught course and it will then go to 2yrs so I know demand will be high. Regarding the points system, it shows different values given for 'degrees where honours are available'. I was wondering would Arts in Galway be a course where honours is available? I know that honours are available in Maths and Irish but would this apply to me because I am doing 2 non honours subjects?

Thank You

Sorry, I'm not sufre what you mean by "doing 2 non honours subjects".
    Your course is either a BA (Hons) course or it's not - is it a level 8 qualification as per the National Framework of Qualifications. You need to clarify this, though I'd be astonished if it's not. The only other issue you need to consider is if the two subjects are of equal value and not a Major/Minor combination which might complicate things for you.

Advertisement