Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't access MMS settings - iPhone 5

• 27-10-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem in that I'm not receiving MMS picture messages others are sending me on my iPhone 5 with meteor. I can send them alright but twice now I haven't been able to receive them.

I tried to see the MMS settings but it seems to have disappeared? All I see in Settings > General is Mobile Data and the mobile data apn - no MMS.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

the settings could be hidden by the carrier file, try reset network settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

That didn't work, still no MMS settings anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Settings/General/Cellular/Cellular Data Network ? No ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Elessar wrote: »
    That didn't work, still no MMS settings anywhere?
    What I meant was by resetting network settings any issues with mms should be resolved. If the carrier file has it hidden there's no way to view or edit it unless your jailbroken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Elessar wrote: »
    I'm having a problem in that I'm not receiving MMS picture messages others are sending me on my iPhone 5 with meteor. I can send them alright but twice now I haven't been able to receive them.

I tried to see the MMS settings but it seems to have disappeared? All I see in Settings > General is Mobile Data and the mobile data apn - no MMS.

Any ideas?

Dunno about meteor, but its a common problem on Vodafone when a user changes his/her phone (problem usually manifests itself with a message instructing user to view the pic message through a provided link).

Ring them up, ask them to change your profile to that of the current handset you are using, they will normally ask you to restart the device and that's it. Has happened to me (and many people I know) for years when they/I change handsets. A call to CS always got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement