Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to look for an apartment in Carrick-on-Shannon

Options
  • 27-10-2012 7:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭

I am planning on moving to Carrick-on-Shannon soon. I was wondering where the best place to look for an apartment to rent is?
    I have tried daft.ie and rent.ie, but I would prefer to rent privatley rather than through an Estate Agent if possible. Most of the ads on those sites are from letting agents. Does the Leitrim Observer have a lettings section for example? Or any of the shop windows in town?
    I already know the flood areas to avoid, and the bad estates such as Lis Cara, so I don't need advice on that; just the best places to find private lettings ads is all I need.
    Many thanks for your replies.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭3GAINSBOROUGH

Anyone?
    32 views and no replies..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

was out there last nite very rough town, will never be back, but i saw 3 houses just outside s o c on the elphin road that are up for rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

lab man wrote: »
    was out there last nite very rough town, will never be back, but i saw 3 houses just outside s o c on the elphin road that are up for rent.

:pac::pac:rough? its not rough at all, iv lived here the last 28 years so I probably know it a little beter than someone who was there once for a night out.
    a girl i was talking to a few months ago said that it was rough, then told me she had been in a fight with another girl in carrick, plus she was wearing her pj's outside the house:P.some people find trouble wherever they go so everywhere is rough to them, they never cop on to the fact its rough because they are a reject from jeremy kyle show.

lab man wrote: »

I was out in Carrick myself last night and didn't see any trouble. It depends on where you go to be honest with you. If you go looking for trouble it will find you, same applies to anywhere.
    Just to clarify, I know the good and bad parts of Carrick, I am not looking for advice on where to live; just where is the best place to find private rentals in the town (as opposed to through Estate Agents).

:pac::pac:rough? its not rough at all, iv lived here the last 28 years so I probably know it a little beter than someone who was there once for a night out.
    a girl i was talking to a few months ago said that it was rough, then told me she had been in a fight with another girl in carrick, plus she was wearing her pj's outside the house:P.some people find trouble wherever they go so everywhere is rough to them, they never cop on to the fact its rough because they are a reject from jeremy kyle show.

Does the Leitrim Observer have a lettings section?
    Do any of the shops have ads boards with apartments for rent?
    I am finding it hard to find many private rentals on rent.ie and daft.ie
    I don't want to pay the Estate Agents commission you see, renting direct from the Landlord is always cheaper.
    Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Try the classifieds page of the Observer (not very many there, usually only 4 or 5), and the notice boards in Supervalu and Tesco.
    Can't think of anywhere else for private lettings, most are done through estate agents I'm afraid.

And with regard to Carrick being rough; lol :rolleyes:

ajjmk wrote: »
    Try the classifieds page of the Observer (not very many there, usually only 4 or 5), and the notice boards in Supervalu and Tesco.
    Can't think of anywhere else for private lettings, most are done through estate agents I'm afraid.

And with regard to Carrick being rough; lol :rolleyes:

Many thanks for your advice. I will try the notice boards.
    I am just trying to keep the rental costs to a minimum as my budget for a 2 bedroom apartment is 350 Euro. Most of the ones available on rent.ie and daft.ie are through Estate Agents, but I would rather rent privately of I can and save the 50 Euro per month etc commission they are charging.
    For example my friend lets a 2 bed apartment for only 250 Euro per month direct from the Landlord. The Estate agents were advertising it for 350 Euro per month!

Advertisement