Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 update - driver issue

Options
  • 27-10-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

I'm trying to install windows 8 on my dell studio 1537 laptop but I'm being told to uninstall a few "apps" as they are not compatible, most I'm fine with but "dell touchpad" is one of the apps.

If I uninstall this driver, will my touchpad cease to function completely? Leaving me with a useless laptop :/

I've tried to find an update but came up with nothing

any help out there please?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You'll be fine, may loose some features though such as multi touch/page up/down by sliding etc

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I uninstalled it and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

bricky06 wrote: »
    I'm trying to install windows 8 on my dell studio 1537 laptop but I'm being told to uninstall a few "apps" as they are not compatible, most I'm fine with but "dell touchpad" is one of the apps.

If I uninstall this driver, will my touchpad cease to function completely? Leaving me with a useless laptop :/

I've tried to find an update but came up with nothing

any help out there please?

If you got external mouse, try what will happen. You must have one spare mouse right? :)

You can always re-install Dell drivers. IF win8 doesn't like them as they are, maybe need right-click installation setup file and check Compatibility mode , could be working better if installation is forced to win7 or XP mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

yeah i have a spare... im just scared ha :P

Thanks for the help by the way guys! 36% of the way there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Users are reporting that THIS Dell Touchpad driver is working fine on Windows 8

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

^thanks, downloading that now. While I'm finding the touchpad works fine since I uninstalled the driver, its gone too sensitive which is frustrating when typing.

fits wrote: »
    ^thanks, downloading that now. While I'm finding the touchpad works fine since I uninstalled the driver, its gone too sensitive which is frustrating when typing.

After installing w8 I went back to Dell drivers page and reinstalled the touchpad driver, rebooted, and made sure scrolling was enabled in control panel and the touchpad is now back to being fully functional.

Also, you can adjust sensitivity if touchpad through control panel utility

• Registered Users Posts: 1 belltink

Where can I download all the drivers for windows 8?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

belltink wrote: »
    Where can I download all the drivers for windows 8?

Use the Vista/7 ones, failing that Windows Update

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement