Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to install prestashop - cannot change - allow_url_fopen ON

Options
  • 27-10-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Dont know if this is the right place to ask this so mods feel free to relocate it.

Im really stuck, im installing prestashop on a register365 account. During the installation it says allow_url_fopen not allowed. I have done some research on this but cannot find out how to allow it. I seems I need to use a cURL workaround.

Can anyone tell me how to do this, or where to change it. I dont know where to even edit the file, I can write HTML and CSS but as for PHP i havent a clue.

Thanks for you help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The file you need to edit is your php.ini, it's where this setting is set. allow_url_fopen is by default set to 1 which means it's on.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/filesystem.configuration.php#ini.allow-url-fopen

Depending on what package you're on with r365 you will need to contact them to change this, even so they may not change it if it's on a shared hosting environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

It's worth getting in touch with register365. I had the same problem before and, as far as I can remember, they weren't able to allow fopen, but they did provide me with an alternative solution. I just had a look through my inbox there and couldn't find it, but get in touch and hopefully they can help you, they're usually fairly quick to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonnyj

Thanks for the replies, I will contact register365 and see if they can sort something. Its on my to do list. Casso did you keep using Prestashop then or go with another package?

Advertisement