Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod touch 5G order.

• 27-10-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Anyone still waiting to receive theirs?
    I have had no status update on it whatsoever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Inscrutable

I went to town to have a look for it today. Guy in Arnotts said that Apple Ireland have yet to receive any touches, but he expects it to be in by the end of next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that's strange..I had ordered the nano and there was a 2 week wait time for it.
    I was checking HMW/Argos every few days for it and they had received the ipop shuffles/touches ahead of the nano so should be plenty of stock.
    I had ordered the nano on apple.ie but gave up waiting as obviously the stores got it ahead of them as I was in argos who finally had it in stock and I was still showing 3-5 days on apple.ie. Cancelled the order :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

What extra features does it have?

Blazer wrote: »
    that's strange..I had ordered the nano and there was a 2 week wait time for it.
    I was checking HMW/Argos every few days for it and they had received the ipop shuffles/touches ahead of the nano so should be plenty of stock.
    I had ordered the nano on apple.ie but gave up waiting as obviously the stores got it ahead of them as I was in argos who finally had it in stock and I was still showing 3-5 days on apple.ie. Cancelled the order :)

So Argos had the ipod touch 5g? I checked today and no Argos stores had them. Arnotts had the ipod nano in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So Argos had the ipod touch 5g? I checked today and no Argos stores had them. Arnotts had the ipod nano in stock.

HMV definitely had them in Limerick..any branches close to you?

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    HMV definitely had them in Limerick..any branches close to you?

Ah, forgot to check there, I'm from Dublin so I might have a scope. I checked Argos, Pete's and then Arnotts when the guy must have told me lies! €325 was it?

eoing1 wrote: »
    What extra features does it have?

It's essentially a slightly thinner iPhone 5 which doesn't make calls and only gets data via wifi for half the price. The processor is a bit slower than the iPhone 5 and the camera is slightly lower quality. The price is definitely on the high side for such a device (€325 for 16 gb). The main differences between the ipod touch 4g and 5g are price (4g is €220), screen size (4g is 3.5 inches vs. 4 inches for 5g), camera quality (5g significantly better), and the 5g has a nicer design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

My mam is popping to Las Vegas this weekend so I'm going to give her cash to get me one over there. It's only $299 for the 32GB one so I'll save money getting it there as the dollar is at a decent enough rate at the moment,

Just wondering what colours doodle are going for?

Thinking of getting the Product Red one.

Advertisement