Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drinking and driving

• 27-10-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

Question thats been bugging me, i was out for a round of golf today. I hadn't had breakfast and by the time i'd finished i was dying of the thirst and starving as well. I ordered food in the bar and a large bottle of bulmers while i was waiting. Now i didn't finish the pint but can say i definitely knew i drank some of it. The food came then and so i left it and got a lucazade instead. Question is even though i didn't drink more than a unit of drink but i felt it. Was i over the limit

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How the fúck should we know?

Next time you're driving, just don't drink, it's not rocket science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Was the dinner tasty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Question thats been bugging me, i was out for a round of golf today. I hadn't had breakfast and by the time i'd finished i was dying of the thirst and starving as well. I ordered food in the bar and a large bottle of bulmers while i was waiting. Now i didn't finish the pint but can say i definitely knew i drank some of it. The food came then and so i left it and got a lucazade instead. Question is even though i didn't drink more than a unit of drink but i felt it. Was i over the limit
    Take a big long breath into your CD ROM drive there and we'll let you know.

For fuck's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Who won the golf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

You were half pissed on less than a pint
    Lightweight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

OP. Are you Ally McBeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Drink affects people in different ways, but if it has an effect on you then yes. There are legal limits in place to make sure that you and the general public are safe, but it may vary depending on your own personal limits. If you don't drink very often it's pretty much a cert you'll feel the effects quickly. For seasoned drinkers it takes more to get a buzz out of drink.

I might add at this point that I'm not advocating testing your limits, stick to the legal limit and you're legally clear. If you feel the buzz, call a cab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Sure drink a bottle buckfast next time and see how you feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

You might be better off shooting up in the jacks of the golf club instead of the booze op. Know your limits!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Are you 12?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

if you're driving don't drink anything

Unless you're an aul lad living in the country :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I had hoped this was a monumental all day session followed by waking up with your car in the drive way with an extra 300km on it that you cant account for.

A couple of mouthfuls of Bulmers followed by Lucozade - sorely disappoints.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Breakfast of Kings = Bulmers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Take a big long breath into your CD ROM drive there and we'll let you know.

For fuck's sake.

Harsh, but fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cfc1888

I doubt it very much. Best advice-fart it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends at a local bar and had a few too many beers and some rather nice scotch.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home. Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

I think you can have a more than 3 or 4 pints and still be ok to drive. if the limit is one drink then why do you never hear of people being 6 times or 8 times over the limit? Its always 2 and a half times or 3 times the limit.
    I usually have a can driving home on friday due to being parched so i think you're in the clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What's your handicap....apart from the fact you get pissed on a half pint?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Question thats been bugging me, i was out for a round of golf today.
    DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE :mad:

use a 7 iron :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

A round of golf without any breakfast, and pissed on a few sips of bulmers?!

You, madam, are awesome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement