Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Famous Male Spotted

Options
  • 28-10-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Was waiting for friends at the BOI atm just off shop street this afternoon (half 3 ish). Friends came back from machine saying they just seen a 50ish, grey haired well dressed man that was def a famous celeb. But they couldn't identify him. My head is wrecked trying to work it out. Any thoughts or ideas welcome. Sorry for the vague details...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Gabriel Byrne most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

isnt there some kind of comedy shows going on in town, might be one of them lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Phill Jupitus was hanging around town yesterday with his wife/girlfriend. Also Rich Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭WeirdKen

Thanks for the replies. Def not Gabriel Byrne. Tried that one myself. And she said it def wasn't a comedian. Def a Hollywood type suave gent...

wild wild guess. george clooney.

why didnt they follow him for 3 mins and say hello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

Grey haired, outside a bank, well dressed....it can only be Seanie Fitzpatrick. Was he busking?

swiftman wrote: »
    wild wild guess. george clooney.

why didnt they follow him for 3 mins and say hello
    That's what a good stalker would do...

Instead they came back and asked me. I was looking everywhere but the atm.

Brendan Gleeson was another thought but no joy...

mosstin wrote: »
    Grey haired, outside a bank, well dressed....it can only be Seanie Fitzpatrick. Was he busking?
    No busking and nobody was attacking him... So def wasn't Seanie...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

That was me. My son and I were the only well-dressed guys in Shop Street yesterday and if the light was not right you they may have imagined that there were grey hairs. Had to get the suit and shirt out for the young fella’s graduation and was trying to melt into the background afterwards but it wasn’t easy.

solas111 wrote: »
    That was me. My son and I were the only well-dressed guys in Shop Street yesterday and if the light was not right you they may have imagined that there were grey hairs. Had to get the suit and shirt out for the young fella’s graduation and was trying to melt into the background afterwards but it wasn’t easy.
    If it was you, that was some pretty bad background melting... Nice suit tho0:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Jimmy Saville

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

larry murphy

bet it was this guy

funny-gandalf.jpg

or this guy

martin-sheen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Some knowledgeable folk tell me Martin Sheen is visiting Galway with his son Charlie Sheen and they are staying close to the burne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

The thing about Galway is that there are always celebrities dropping in on flying visits, seems to attract them somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Maybe it was just a grey haired man with the aura of a star. I get similar remarks sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Santa

biko wrote: »
    Santa
    Haven't seen him in years:-(

None of the above correct so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Grey haired 50 something's ...
    Harrison Ford,Richard Gere,Tim Allen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Sam Shepard is in Galway a fair bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Paddy Doherty was in Galway yesterday/last night (yes I know he's not hollywood star haha)

ENMcD wrote: »
    Paddy Doherty was in Galway yesterday/last night (yes I know he's not hollywood star haha)

feck it, would of loved to have chatted to him and taken a picture. what a funny man he comes across on tv.
    ok that might not of been in his real life but i hear he always makes time for friendly people who talk to him on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

Gary Glitter was trick or treating

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

swiftman wrote: »
    feck it, would of loved to have chatted to him and taken a picture. what a funny man he comes across on tv.
    ok that might not of been in his real life but i hear he always makes time for friendly people who talk to him on the street.

I hear that he is a scumbag and his 'celebrity' status is a damning indictment of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

A well dressed male in Shop Street would certainly be conspicuous. Grunge is still considered to be the height of cool in Galway.

She finally worked it out. Once alcohol leaves the system, anything is possible... Def would never have guessed it myself.

Stellan-Skarsg%C3%A5rd.jpg

Stellan Skarsgård

Thanks for all the suggestions...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Well. I suppose its possible he's famous. But I've never heard of him. And the picture rings no bells either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

One of the bad guys in Ronin !!

Well. I suppose its possible he's famous. But I've never heard of him. And the picture rings no bells either

I would not have known the name but def knew the face. He's obviously not A-list but has a few well known films.
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    One of the bad guys in Ronin !!

Correct. Also...

Good Will Hunting
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Thor
    The Avengers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

His son is hot!
    image.jpg

Advertisement