Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENS Skills assessment question

Options
  • 28-10-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am a painter and decorator in Perth on a 457 visa since february. My employer said he will sponsor my permanent residency (ENS) visa. I have my AQF III qualification since last december, which I received based on past experience and references (ROPL).
    My question is.... do I need a skills assessment to apply for Employer nominated PR visa, or is the AQF III qualification enough to by-pass the skills assessment?
    Thanks for your help.
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

457holder wrote: »
    I am a painter and decorator in Perth on a 457 visa since february. My employer said he will sponsor my permanent residency (ENS) visa. I have my AQF III qualification since last december, which I received based on past experience and references (ROPL).
    My question is.... do I need a skills assessment to apply for Employer nominated PR visa, or is the AQF III qualification enough to by-pass the skills assessment?
    Thanks for your help.
    Michael

You need either a Skills assessment or 2 years with the same sponsoring employer on a 457 in lieu of the skills assessment.

The AQFIII would form the basis of the skills assessment anyway as it is basically your trade papers but you would still need the assessment from the TRA, plus you would need 3 years experience for the ENS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

mandrake04 wrote: »
    2 years with the same sponsoring employer on a 457

Sorry, slightly OT but does it need to be on a 457?

For example I was with my company over 8 months on a WHV before I got put on a 457. Will this not count towards my two years if I choose to go down this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Batgurl wrote: »
    Sorry, slightly OT but does it need to be on a 457?

For example I was with my company over 8 months on a WHV before I got put on a 457. Will this not count towards my two years if I choose to go down this route?

No

417 is a holiday visa its not a qualifying visa for ENS Transition stream.

only a 457 is used for the Transition stream otherwise you have to use the direct entry.
    When you apply, you must select one of the visa’s three streams.

Choose the Temporary Residence Transition stream if you are a subclass 457 visa holder who has worked for your employer for two years in the nominated occupation and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in that occupation. Please note you must have a nomination application lodged under Temporary Residence Transition stream to be eligible for this option.

Choose the Direct Entry stream if you have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market, or have not held a subclass 457 visa for the last two years with your nominating employer, or if you are applying directly from outside Australia.

If you have a nomination lodged with the department before 01 July 2012, you must lodge the visa application under this stream.

Choose the Agreement stream if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 457holder

mandrake04 wrote: »
    You need either a Skills assessment or 2 years with the same sponsoring employer on a 457 in lieu of the skills assessment.

The AQFIII would form the basis of the skills assessment anyway as it is basically your trade papers but you would still need the assessment from the TRA, plus you would need 3 years experience for the ENS.
    Thanks for the reply Mandrake.... its a big help mate!

Advertisement