Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceramic baking beans

Options
  • 28-10-2012 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

What is a good price to pay for ceramic baking beans, and where can I get them in Dublin? Thinking of investing as I'm fed up wasting dried foodstuffs to bake blind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

What are you wasting? I've a jar of assorted beans (out of date stock scrounged from a retailer) that I've been using for years. (not sure exactly but 3 or 4 years anyway) I reuse the greaseproof paper as well.
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    What is a good price to pay for ceramic baking beans, and where can I get them in Dublin? Thinking of investing as I'm fed up wasting dried foodstuffs to bake blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I paid 9 euro for mine about ten years ago in a baking shop in Cork. They are starting to chip though. Decobake in dublin should have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Keep reusing the same Marrowfat peas that you're meant to soak overnight, don't see how you could be wasting them if you're just reusing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Homestore & More do them AFAIK but I've no idea of the price sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I got mine in Tesco a few months ago. can't remember how much tho but I'd guess no more than €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Rice works fine too. I use rice for smaller pastry cases like individual or petit four sizes and marrowfat peas or kidney beans for larger cases. I store them in two large coffee jars and have been re-using them for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

By 'waste' I mean using a food (rice/dried peas ets) to bake blind, and never actually eating that rice or those peas. To me, that's wasting food. Will be checking out those stores soon. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

All relative I suppose, lot cheaper to waste a bag of rice than to pay for ceramic beans, can buy more rice with the money saved :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I was in Homestore & More today and they had 700g tubs of baking beans for €6.99.

Advertisement