Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agent wants ID from landlord

Options
  • 28-10-2012 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just a question, we are recently new landlords (not that we want to be) but our letting agent recently sent us a request for photographic id from us as landlords, it says due to new legislation... not that we have any problem giving this, but I just wondered what legislation this is?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Money laundering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

and does anyone know why they ask for PPS numbes? when I asked my letting agent this he just said I dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Possibly the same thing, but also for filling in the PRTB registration form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 firetoohot

I don't think it's for ptrb as we filled that out and got it back months ago.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

firetoohot wrote: »
    I don't think it's for ptrb as we filled that out and got it back months ago.

Does the lease need a PPS number for both parties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The PPS is needed for the renters yo claim tax relief. Revenue may also look for it.

Advertisement