Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend Xmas ?

Options
  • 28-10-2012 5:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place to spend Xmas along the east coast or even some of the islands. I had a look at Fiji but flights seem to be starting at about $1000 so prob left that too late. Mainly looking to chill out by beach and somewhere with a good atmosphere! Looking for places people have went in the past also that they found good.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Flights for Xmas anywhere in mainland Oz are probably going to be expensive so your best bet is somewhere drivable. Where are you based?

From Sydney you could go north to the central coast where there are some beautiful beaches near The Entrance. If you like driving, you could even go further up to Byron Bay.

South you can visit Jervis Bay or further south again is Bateman's Bay or Narooma. All have lovely beaches but you are getting into countryside territory so be prepared to have a quiet enough Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

+1 for the central coast.

I'm heading to the in-laws holiday home at Forresters beach, Think its going be cracker weather this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Batgurl wrote: »
    Flights for Xmas anywhere in mainland Oz are probably going to be expensive so your best bet is somewhere drivable. Where are you based?

From Sydney you could go north to the central coast where there are some beautiful beaches near The Entrance. If you like driving, you could even go further up to Byron Bay.

South you can visit Jervis Bay or further south again is Bateman's Bay or Narooma. All have lovely beaches but you are getting into countryside territory so be prepared to have a quiet enough Xmas.

Im in Bondi, ya i figured i have prob left it too late for flights anywhere.
    Ya i would def drive somewhere but i just dont know any good places.
    Cheers for the suggestions, it a hard one to decide on alright. Any other suggestions welcome :)

Guys what would Byron bay be like for xmas? Return flights for 280

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

zweton wrote: »
    Guys what would Byron bay be like for xmas? Return flights for 280

If ya don't surf and smoke blow there's not much point going to Byron in my opinion :)

• Advertisement

haha fair enough, recommend anywhere yourself? cant decide

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If ya don't surf and smoke blow there's not much point going to Byron in my opinion :)

Heh true that. Very underwhelmed by the place and I only spent the day there.

+1 for the central coast in response to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

haha fair enough, recommend anywhere yourself? cant decide

I dunno mate, I worked last X-mas and will be working this X-Mas so I have no idea! Christmas ain't the same without the family so it doesn't make to much difference to me

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place to spend Xmas along the east coast or even some of the islands. I had a look at Fiji but flights seem to be starting at about $1000 so prob left that too late. Mainly looking to chill out by beach and somewhere with a good atmosphere! Looking for places people have went in the past also that they found good.

Cheers
    Bali went last year. Book 2 separate one way flights to save cash.

Advertisement