Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash | 2013 Tour ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

pepe00 wrote: »
    I knew that it was about touts, but it is not my fault that the gig is so small, and I absolutely love GNR and I have to see Slash ! :P so I just dont care if I overpaid, they should not allow people to buy 8 ticket at one go . that is the problem, not a die hard fan who is ready to pay extra to see a legend onec in his life time :)

cheers,

and btw, it were very last tickets available for sunday, I saw very very few tickets available to buy on other websites for that gig, so dont think there is too much touts trading these tickets.

Yea you are right, feck it. You seen the chance of tickets, and took them.

The 8 tickets per person for such a small venue is the real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I want to go at the sound check, anyone knows what time is that going to be?

I hope to take a photo with Slash :P

It's a pity they are not playing my favoritue song, You could be mine, but anyway, seeing live performace a living legend Slash, and some best hits like paradise city must be awsome :P

cant wait !

I bought 2 tickets few weeks ago from seatwave @ 140 euro each, standing :P

Sound check is usually at 3pm or 4pm if I'm not mistaken.

Hope Slash will be meeting fans, as he did last time in Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bruthal wrote: »

The 8 tickets per person for such a small venue is the real problem.

8 tickets per person for any venue is f**king ridiculous. A tout's dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

karaokeman wrote: »
    Sound check is usually at 3pm or 4pm if I'm not mistaken.

Hope Slash will be meeting fans, as he did last time in Vicar Street.

How do you get into sound check

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

No it is never right to lower yerself to go to a tout you could be one as I can't understand how anyone can condone that behaviour.

This ah feck it be grand attitude is the same attitude that has the country in the state its in. Big boy wastes money at the expense of the little guy (here guy can afford to pay stupid money keeping tout in biz, the ordinary gig goer misses out)
    I just dont care if I overpaid, they should not allow people to buy 8 ticket at one go . that is the problem, not a die hard fan who is ready to pay extra to see a legend onec in his life time

8 tickets is like Mickey says a touts dream its wrong certainly, you claim its once and a lifetime even though his band gigged here and in the UK numerous occassions in the last few years even so you don't just burden yourself with one outragous ticket but two because "you" are prepared to pay extra, I'm disgusted I've to share the floor with someone whos paid 3 times more than me for a ticket, for me its as silly as going to a Slash gig to hear guns n roses songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

cena wrote: »
    How do you get into sound check

Its at the stage door on Sycamore street, that's the alley you go down which is directly next to the Olympia. That's where the stage door is, and where the artists go in and out.

Technically you don't go "into" the sound check, but you meet the artists outside their sound check.

Cannot guarantee he will sign/meet but you might get lucky;).

No it is never right to lower yerself to go to a tout you could be one as I can't understand how anyone can condone that behaviour.
    I dont condone as such, its just not a high priority on my list of daily worries.
    This ah feck it be grand attitude is the same attitude that has the country in the state its in.
    We are sorted now you`re here of course.
    Big boy wastes money at the expense of the little guy (here guy can afford to pay stupid money keeping tout in biz, the ordinary gig goer misses out)
    2 tickets per person might help.
    I'm disgusted I've to share the floor with someone whos paid 3 times more than me for a ticket,
    A sure, it`l be grand
    for me its as silly as going to a Slash gig to hear guns n roses songs.
    That is their own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

karaokeman wrote: »
    Its at the stage door on Sycamore street, that's the alley you go down which is directly next to the Olympia. That's where the stage door is, and where the artists go in and out.

Technically you don't go "into" the sound check, but you meet the artists outside their sound check.

Cannot guarantee he will sign/meet but you might get lucky;).

I have no ticket yet and i'm not welling to pay more than face value

8 tickets per person for any venue is f**king ridiculous. A tout's dream.

Yes true alright. A bit silly.

We are sorted now you`re here of course.

I bloomin' wish!

I don't have a list of daily worries like you do but if I did i'm sure touting wouldn't be top of it either but while discussing it thinking about those crooks makes my blood boil if you wanna think "be grand" thats up to you.
    That is their own business.

It is sure and that wasn't aimed entirely at the poster; he won't be the only one at the gig hoping for gnr songs and me thinking thats silly is just my opinion i'm sure others would disagree with it but hey.

• Advertisement

I bloomin' wish!

I don't have a list of daily worries like you do but if I did i'm sure touting wouldn't be top of it either but while discussing it thinking about those crooks makes my blood boil if you wanna think "be grand" thats up to you.
    Well I do see your point. I wouldnt pay anything over face value myself either.

It is sure and that wasn't aimed entirely at the poster; he won't be the only one at the gig hoping for gnr songs and me thinking thats silly is just my opinion i'm sure others would disagree with it but hey.
    Well, most going will like to here some of them id say. I was at the slane `92 one myself.

Where does the time go.

Where does the time go

I dunno sometimes I find it can be pieced together by gigs & events attended though :D Slane 92 a good un I imagine Guns in their prime!;

Sucker for a bit of nostalgia meself and although maybe controversially I'd rather they dropped Paradise City (They won't don't worry; encore most likely) I don't get sick of Rocket Queen which his band performed excellently when I caught them last time out.

I dunno sometimes I find it can be pieced together by gigs & events attended though :D Slane 92 a good un I imagine Guns in their prime!;

Sucker for a bit of nostalgia meself and although maybe controversially I'd rather they dropped Paradise City (They won't don't worry; encore most likely) I don't get sick of Rocket Queen which his band performed excellently when I caught them last time out.

Funny you say rocket queen, I specifically looked up them playing that at a few events on youtube last week. Looked as good as when original gnr lineup were playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

This ah feck it be grand attitude is the same attitude that has the country in the state its in. Big boy wastes money at the expense of the little guy (here guy can afford to pay stupid money keeping tout in biz, the ordinary gig goer misses out)

, you claim its once and a lifetime even though his band gigged here and in the UK numerous occassions in the last few years even so you don't just burden yourself with one outragous ticket but two because "you" are prepared to pay extra, I'm disgusted I've to share the floor with someone whos paid 3 times more than me for a ticket, for me its as silly as going to a Slash gig to hear guns n roses songs.

so pathetic and inmature:eek:

if that was about people starving due to rocket price of bread and butter, I would agree, but come on, we are talking about 100 bucks paid for a luxury product, with a great extra personal added value:)

and you using such a strong words that you will be disgusted sharing a floor with me...it is sad for me and I didnt know that there are gonna be such a as.s holes on that gig;)

people will spend 100 + buck on a regular night out, should I blame them if I drink cans at home???

people will spend 100 + buck on a regular night out, should I blame them if I drink cans at home???

Don't see your point here those people aren't spending 3 times more than they have to nor are you paying 3 times more for your cans.
    and you using such a strong words that you will be disgusted sharing a floor with me...it is sad for me and I didnt know that there are gonna be such a as.s holes on that gigwink.png

Sorry if those comments came across that strong they weren't personally for you by someone (Unfortunately you won't be the only one attending whose paid more than face value) I meant my fellow gig goers I'm not happy about them paying 3 times more than I have for the same show in the Olympia!!

As for the aholes part I hope theres none at it either but they exist in all walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I manged to get a ticket earlier this morning in Sound Cellar. They have limited tickets for Sunday only seating and standing €45.05. Feel sorry for the suckers who paid nearly treble that per ticket.

I manged to get a ticket earlier this morning in Sound Cellar. They have limited tickets for Sunday only seating and standing €45.05. Feel sorry for the suckers who paid nearly treble that per ticket.

:eek: No f**king way!!!!??? Am gonna get on to 'em. Cheers for the heads up

:eek: No f**king way!!!!??? Am gonna get on to 'em. Cheers for the heads up
    Yeah it turns out people had reserved tickets and not collected them yet. Tommy said they are taking the piss as the gigs are on this weekend and the tickets need to go to worthwhile homes. Hope you managed to get one. Let me know how you got on.

Also take a look at me and my mates meetup group. www.meetup.com/Are-you-ready-to-rock-in-Dublin-Meetup-Group/

Yeah it turns out people had reserved tickets and not collected them yet. Tommy said they are taking the piss as the gigs are on this weekend and the tickets need to go to worthwhile homes. Hope you managed to get one. Let me know how you got on.

Also take a look at me and my mates meetup group. www.meetup.com/Are-you-ready-to-rock-in-Dublin-Meetup-Group/

Tommy T is a f**king legend!!! Am gonna ring him later and see if I can get one.....or maybe more?

Cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Would Sound Cellar do swaps for the gig? I have tickets for Monday, looking to swap for Sunday, there printouts, tried toutless, but not having much luck so far:(

• Advertisement

Grrrrr. I'm in a major bit of shtuck with this. I can book a ticket no problem, but collecting them is a major problem for me.

I cannot get into town tomorrow, and I cannot physically get into the shop to collect them(I'm a wheelchair user).

:mad:

I Feel sorry for the suckers who paid nearly treble that per ticket.

why is there such an attitude for someone who bought tickets on a third party website, in a situation where there is no other tickets?

I found out about Slash gig in late January, and decided to get there so I searched for available tickets and got one.

is there anything wrong with that :eek: ?

how come stupid 100 bucks make some of you so angry? I really dont give a s.h.it about that, I am just feking happy to see a legend :P

most of you would go out every weekend and spend that money on drink, and here you blame me and I feel like I did somenting very wrong :(

why is there such an attitude for someone who bought tickets on a third party website, in a situation where there is no other tickets?

I found out about Slash gig in late January, and decided to get there so I searched for available tickets and got one.

is there anything wrong with that :eek: ?

how come stupid 100 bucks make some of you so angry? I really dont give a s.h.it about that, I am just feking happy to see a legend :P

most of you would go out every weekend and spend that money on drink, and here you blame me and I feel like I did somenting very wrong :(
    A Third Party website run by touts. As long as you give them the business touts will never go away. toutless.ie is a great website where you can buy tickets and tickets are only sold at face value.

toutless.ie is a great website where you can buy tickets and tickets are only sold at face value.

do they have tickets for slash gig on sunday?

I bet you they dont:p

anyway, lets stop talking about that,

you better tell me folks what songs do you want to listen to on Sunday or Monday !

There is a girl on toutless selling tickets for Sunday Nights show.

As for songs, I want to hear Night train, Double talking Jive and Going back to Cali

There is a girl on toutless selling tickets for Sunday Nights show.

As for songs, I want to hear Night train, Double talking Jive and Going back to Cali

night train will be played for sure...

as last songs they usually play paradise city, sweet child, or welcome to the jungle...

night train will be played for sure...

as last songs they usually play paradise city, sweet child, or welcome to the jungle...
    Nice at the mo I am watching Slash made in Stoke on Sky Arts 1.

A Third Party website run by touts. As long as you give them the business touts will never go away. toutless.ie is a great website where you can buy tickets and tickets are only sold at face value.

Touts should be feckin outlawed. Bloody cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

tickets must have been released on ticketmaster as just got my 2 tickets at normal price for sunday night..hurry while they last seated though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Not getting anything on TM for either night...

Advertisement