Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash | 2013 Tour ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Epic gig, the Rocket Queen solo went on far far too long though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Epic gig, the Rocket Queen solo went on far far too long though.

Have to agree here . Apart from that unreal gig , band were on form and over 2 hours of Rock N Roll how could you go wrong :)

The Treatment were pretty decent , great stage presence and the frontman has a lot of Charisma . Only downfall would be their songs seem to sound to similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Have to agree here . Apart from that unreal gig , band were on form and over 2 hours of Rock N Roll how could you go wrong :)

The Treatment were pretty decent , great stage presence and the frontman has a lot of Charisma . Only downfall would be their songs seem to sound to similar

Yeah, never thought I'd say it as I love slash but the solo did get a little tedious after a while. An amazing gig though overall and I agree on the openers, very enjoyable and definitely one of the better support bands I've seen. All in all a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

The support act were decent, genuinely surprised me :)

I think I was slightly entranced/mesmerised with that solo :p
    A guy knocked into me during it and it scared the life outta me :o

Very enjoyable gig - the rest of the years gigs has plenty to live up to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

but1er wrote: »
    everyone knows the famous rocket queen sex story?

yeah....some bitch was fu.cked by axl in front of microphones at the recording studio for them to record that, kind of extra effect in the song :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

pepe00 wrote: »

yeah....some bitch was fu.cked by axl in front of microphones at the recording studio for them to record that, kind of extra effect in the song :P

I got the cd version with some bloke having the time of his life with gf during it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

She was actually Steven Adler's girlfriend. No wonder he became such a f.uck up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

evillive wrote: »
    25 years of going to gigs and what he did on rocket queen just blew me away, amazing solo

That was my highlight too. I could have listened to it for another 20 minutes easily. Parts of it were very bluesy. It was like what Hendrix used to do, just go on a guitar ramble.

I regret that I had one or two beers too many, and no details in my memory left :cool:

So I had no time to notice how long the solo was etc. :pac:

I found myself between group of lads and we were dancing and jumping like crazy, like in old good times when I was a teenager and we were going to the rock concerts:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Great gig, absolutely rocked. Was surprised at the lack of headbanging in the crowd most people standing still until the end when it went a bit crazy! Highlight was Paradise City at the end.

I loved when he played the Bad Penny riff (Rory Gallagher) at the start of the Rocket Queen solo.

Got an autograph as well! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone got any videos of the support band?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

I thought the bassist was awesome

I wish Slash band played song "doctor alibi" I love it....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I wish Slash band played song "doctor alibi" I love it....:p

Played it the Monday night! , judging by the setlists delighted I got the Monday tickets Civil War instead of Brownstone, Doctor Alibi instead of Gonna Die to name a few.

It's good to see they changed sets for those going to both shows far too often a band will do 2 dates and belt out the same set both nights saying that I'd tend only to do one night per certain tour.

Die by the Sword my personal highlight, didn't know what the story was with the crowd Monday maybe most did go Sunday and were wrecked or something only really went mental for Paradise City (the last song of course)

feking hell I was bit too drunk on sunday I dont remember mr brownstone :D

I guess that whiskey did the job, I was sipping jack daniels while waiting for slash to come out from sound check...:D

I do remember that night train was played as second song, right?:p

and paradise city and welcome to the jungle were as last songs...

feking great night anyway, dont need to remember all,

I guess whiskey help me to go mad, and we were headbanging like crazy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

So you paid 3-4 times the ticket price to get so drunk you can't remember most of the gig?

That's it, I officially don't understand mankind.

blastman wrote: »
    So you paid 3-4 times the ticket .

and you still talking about how much i paid :eek:

look, i am not a kid that got 20 quid per week from his daddy, i got a nice source of income ...ya know...:pac::pac::pac:

so why should i fekin care ;)

slainte !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

and you still talking about how much i paid :eek:

look, i am not a kid that got 20 quid per week from his daddy, i got a nice source of income ...ya know...:pac::pac::pac:

so why should i fekin care ;)

slainte !

As the Gn'R song goes: "You're F**king Crazy!"

I did it once(paid a tout for a ticket). Will never, ever do it again.

Advertisement