Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clonskeagh/Dundrum to IFSC

• 28-10-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello,
    I would like some advise re commuting from Clonskeagh/Dundrum (roughly) to IFSC.
    What are the best public transport options?
    Or is it even a possibility to drive and park?
    Tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

buy a bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

If you're near Clonskeagh, you can get the 11 northbound to O'Connell st and walk to the IFSC.

If you're near Dundrum, get the Luas and then:
    * walk from St Stephens Green to IFSC
    * get a bus from Dawson st to O'Connell st
    * get the 15b from Dawson st to either Custom use quay or North Wall quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kim_possible

Thank you for the suggestions.
    What about driving ( if we assume parking wasn't an issue).
    What sort of commute time wise would you estimate.
    Tia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I leave Goatstown at 7.25am and am ususally in town before 8am by car. The traffic does build up quickly after that, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 47 will also take you via Kilmacud Road Lower, Stillorgan Village, N11, Sandymount, Ringsend to Pearse Street.

Timetable is here.

• Advertisement

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 47 will also take you via Kilmacud Road Lower, Stillorgan Village, N11, Sandymount, Ringsend to Pearse Street.

Timetable is here.

Yes, but not from Clonskeagh/Dundrum.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. Tarabuses, do you use on street parking and if so do you know if at that time of the morning if on street spaces are sill free ( I have a blue disabled badge and have read you can park in on street spaces free of charge, hence why I'm exploring driving option)

Thanks again for all your suggestions. Tarabuses, do you use on street parking and if so do you know if at that time of the morning if on street spaces are sill free ( I have a blue disabled badge and have read you can park in on street spaces free of charge, hence why I'm exploring driving option)

No, I have a car park space. I'm not sure about on street parking in the IFSC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

It's near non exisitent round the IFSC. Who wants to drive anyways, you're going to be permanently stuck in traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BX 19 wrote: »
    Who wants to drive anyways, you're going to be permanently stuck in traffic.
    :) People who:
    I have a blue disabled badge and have read you can park in on street spaces free of charge, hence why I'm exploring driving option
    Bye-law number 40: http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/Documents/ParkingControlBye-Laws2012.pdf

Try this: www.a-b.ie and put in exact locations and tweak the settings to your needs, e.g. if you don't want to walk far, select 'Routes with the least walking between stops' from the 'my journey preferences'.

Another option might be the not so frequent Dublin Bus route 61 from Whitechurch to D'Olier St. via Dundrum and Pearse Station. http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/612/ and across the Sean O'Casey Bridge.
    markpb wrote: »
    If you're near Dundrum, get the Luas and then:
    * walk from St Stephens Green to IFSC
    * get a bus from Dawson st to O'Connell st
    * get the 15b from Dawson st to either Custom use quay or North Wall quay.
    The 15a is also an option for this.

If getting the Luas, consider changing at Harcourt - the 15a/b bus stops are just across the road on Charlotte Way. However, this gives fewer options to get to O'Connell Bridge than St. Stephen's Green / Dawson Street.

• Advertisement

Thank you Victor that info was very helpful in particular a-b.ie
    Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

There are a reasonable number of spaces along Guild Street which are pay/display and often free at 7-730am. A bit f a further wak but there are also spaces by Docklands station. Which end do you need to get to?

North wall quay. Thanks again

Victor- question re 15a bus route, does it stop along Whitehall road, churchtown? I am finding conflicting information. Tia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Victor- question re 15a bus route, does it stop along Whitehall road, churchtown? I am finding conflicting information. Tia

No, nowhere near it, it goes along Whitehall Road West, Kimmage/Perrystown. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PackLeader

Tarabuses wrote: »
    I leave Goatstown at 7.25am and am ususally in town before 8am by car. The traffic does build up quickly after that, though.

Hey Tarabuses, I know it's been two years since you posted the above comment so I'm just wondering if you still leave Goatstown at 7:25 and get into town for 8am. If so, what route do you take and what part of town do you get to by 8am? I need to go from Dundrum to the IFSC some mornings and I'm wondering what time I need to leave before the traffic gets heavy. Thanks.

At present I am leaving at 7:50 and in to City Quay by 8:15 - but not for much longer I fear.

So far this year, during school terms, I have maintained my 8am arrival unless there was something unusual delaying traffic. I travel down through Clonskeagh to Milltown Cross then up Belmont Avenue to Morehampton Road. From there it's either Leeson Street/Fitzwilliam or Waterloo Road/Baggot Street to Holles Street and finally Pearse Street to City Quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You could ask the Convention Center are their wheelchair spaces free or charged? They might make an arrangement for you, even a reduced fee. No harm in asking.

Advertisement