Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kinsealy Inn Reopening Soon

Options
  • 28-10-2012 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

As of around 5pm 25/10/12 the Kinsealy Inn closed its doors indefinitely. That night vans were seen clearing out the place which is never a good sign and would indicate that it is not likely to re-open soon.

The pub has been there since 86 and was very much a great local institution. You have to feel sorry for the staff some of which have been there donkeys years. It had to be about the best pub in the Swords area for watching football.
    Although you would have to wonder how a pub in a location where the population has increased four fold in the past ten years could run into so much trouble?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

seanmacc wrote: »
    As of around 5pm 25/10/12 the Kinsealy Inn closed its doors indefinitely. That night vans were seen clearing out the place which is never a good sign and would indicate that it is not likely to re-open soon.

The pub has been there since 86 and was very much a great local institution. You have to feel sorry for the staff some of which have been there donkeys years. It had to be about the best pub in the Swords area for watching football.
    Although you would have to wonder how a pub in a location where the population has increased four fold in the past ten years could run into so much trouble?

Jeez that's unreal... It was a real dreary style 80's pub. started when Kinsealy court and drynam estates were built - sad tho in a way it's gone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seanboy2

The pub was doing well that wasnt the problem,<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

First post with controversial speculation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

The minibus that was parked outside it since it closed was burnt out last night. Did that belong to the pub i wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

That was the "courtesy" bus that brought people home once or twice. It was an ornament in that car park anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

It was an ornament in that car park anyway.

still doesnt make it right to burn it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

It always felt like someones Living room, Many a good night I had there.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Only pub I was ever barred from, and I got barred before I was legally even allowed to drink.

When we were kids we used to get our cans from the hatch off licence. It was pot luck whether we got them or not, the eldest looking would go in, knock, and pray to fcuk that the little aulfella with the big glasses would come out to serve you. If it was one of the other barmen who knew well ya weren't 18, i'd always just politely ask for a bag of ice..."folks are having a party" ;)
    The little aulfella literally served everyone. It was a race against the clock though between him opening the hatch, taking your money and putting the cans into the bag. if one of the other barmen happened to pop his head in you were stung because they'd stop him in his tracks.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Triangular wrote: »
    Only pub I was ever barred from, and I got barred before I was legally even allowed to drink.

When we were kids we used to get our cans from the hatch off licence. It was pot luck whether we got them or not, the eldest looking would go in, knock, and pray to fcuk that the little aulfella with the big glasses would come out to serve you. If it was one of the other barmen who knew well ya weren't 18, i'd always just politely ask for a bag of ice..."folks are having a party" ;)
    The little aulfella literally served everyone. It was a race against the clock though between him opening the hatch, taking your money and putting the cans into the bag. if one of the other barmen happened to pop his head in you were stung because they'd stop him in his tracks.

Good times.

Haha i used to do the same! Good memories! The Inn itself was always a kip though in all fairness! Good back in the day for a few frames but in recent years it was just drab and smelled! Still sad to see it go under though!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paulyd87

What's the story wit there darts team were they playing ou off were due t play there on wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ryanobrien

Why was it closed down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Ask Seanboy. He had only one post just like you when he posted here.

The pub is still closed but the rumors are flying as to a take over by certain other publicans in the Fingal area.

I was looking at the company profile on www.duedil.com. Registration is required but is free. The company name is Goldbridge Taverns Limited or company no. IE266253.

It appears that the pub has been on a downward spiral for the past couple of years and has been registering modest losses. But if you look on the balance sheet you can see that the value of the business has taken a hammering (depreciation, fall in property prices ect.) The accounts weren't published last year so you can only assume it hadn't done any better.

It may of been time to liquidate before it was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

On the plus side, the streets of Melrose Park are not as littered with empty Bulmers cans, smashed bottles and empty chinese cartons since the Inn closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niallster100

Heard a rumour that Kinsealy Inn may re-open end Feb. anybody hear this?

Heard a rumour that Kinsealy Inn may re-open end Feb. anybody hear this?

Lot of rumors floating about. It is a potentially profitable pub even in this climate. I wouldn't imagine it will be closed long.

It seems odd that the lights were turned off a good few weeks back. That could be an indication that it has been sold and someone thats not the administrator/receiver is responsible for the ESB bill has taken over.

They'd want to get it open soon before the locals become too accustomed to walking to Swords or drinking at home. Also the place has started to become terribly dilapidated in the past few months. The lettering on the signs has been vandalized or weathered and is falling apart. One of the satellite dishes is hanging down and the lane down the side stinks to high heaven. As an ex employee I know the place is prone to leaks and god knows what state the inside is like now after the heavy rain we've been getting.

Yeah that's true, Gibney 's have bought it, it's opening at Easter!!

ryanobrien wrote: »
    Yeah that's true, Gibney 's have bought it, it's opening at Easter!!

Heard that one a few months ago. Is that 100%?

There was also rumors of the Proprietors brother (who owns a pub in Raheny) taking it on as well as interest from Graingers and Wrights.

Yeah 100% true, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kinsealy hoop

100% incorrect!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

100% incorrect!!

Care to elaborate?

It's going for auction next month

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Heard the fella who owns the watermill in raheny has bought it

Heard the fella who owns the watermill in raheny has bought it

That would be the ex-owners brother.

I see there's work going on outside it this morning and down the side lane of it. The place was turning into a bio-hazard with the smell

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Folks - I've just had to delete a problematic post. Please refrain from posting speculation about businesses that may be in financial difficulties.

Thanks,

tHB

That would be the ex-owners brother.

I see there's work going on outside it this morning and down the side lane of it. The place was turning into a bio-hazard with the smell

Any update on pub opening????

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kinsealy son

Any news on Kinsealy inn opening .

Supposed to be included in the next auction with allsops, May I believe

Cheers Kinsealy needs a local again soon

• Advertisement

Any news on Kinsealy inn .

Advertisement