Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kinsealy Inn Reopening Soon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Any news on Kinsealy inn .

It wasn't in the Allsop auction catalogue for May.

There has been people in and out of it during the day in recent weeks but all rumour at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cantona66

Rumours it will be opening end of month. Again could be just rumours but here's hoping. I'll believe it when I'm in the pub sipping a pint !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kinsealy son

Good news if true plenty of rumours at present hope to be having a pint there soon cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 poxman

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fedupguessing

Sad to think I worked there on the opening night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Heard it was sold on Friday .....anyone hear anything?

looks further away from opening than ever. Saw one of the windows has been plugged :( all it takes now is some k*acker to throw in a petrol bomb and the building is destroyed. Sad as I miss the pub :(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

As far as I know, the owner of the Cock Tavern & his brother, that owns Graingers on the Malahide Road, bought it last week.

Wish it was true but it's still for sale on Morrisseys website and I thought the Grainger family owned the Graingers pubs or if not them NAMA as Grainger went bust??

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Ah feic, that's what I was told at the weekend. Sorry for the chinese whispers!

• Advertisement

ah sure it's easy to build the hopes up. Have heard too many rumours now at this stage. You never know you could be right. Hard to think there is no local pub for an area with so many houses and such a catchment area. Sadly people don't go out for a pint anymore the way they used to. If it ever opens again they will have to have a good food menu. People go to eat in pubs now more than for a pint. If it opens again I will be in the bar all the time, maybe an odd meal with the missus in the lounge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kinsealy son

:)Bids were to be in by 31st of may hopefully some one bought it looking for around 800 grand lot of money for a pub closed since last October

yes I agree, I think that was a mad price to ask for. Surprised if anyone would even pay half a million for it in current climate, it needs a bit of work on it, mostly superficial but it's closed 8 months and it needed a bit of a spruce up before it closed anyway. Plus general start up costs as well. Shame it's lying idle there. If I win the euromillions tonight I can guartantee you it will be open by the end of this month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kinsealy hoop

Just to keep you up to date a consortium have a agreed to buy the pub, 100% confirmed. I know the guy who is going to run it. It will be a while before its opened contracts etc, and condition inside. Any updates i'll post here!

Just to keep you up to date a consortium have a agreed to buy the pub, 100% confirmed. I know the guy who is going to run it. It will be a while before its opened contracts etc, and condition inside. Any updates i'll post here!

Without giving identities of who bought it. Are the people who bought it local?

The Kinsealy Inn is a local shop for local people after all.

You should be happy that you will have a local after all irrespective of who owns it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

You should be happy that you will have a local after all irrespective of who owns it!

Not really. Would obviously rather see it owned by a publican with experience and who will keep it a clean shop than owned by 4 or 5 "locals". Seriously would you like to see some of the local mouths with money involved in it? Barring people because they hold a grudge from school days or just letting any tool in the place?

Are you saying the rumour is a few locals bought it?

seanmacc wrote: »
    Without giving identities of who bought it. Are the people who bought it local?

The Kinsealy Inn is a local shop for local people after all.
    Are you saying the rumour is a few locals bought it?

Am not saying anything of the sort, have not heard any rumours in ages and at this stage prob wouldn't go back there anyway.

Why the interest if you'll never go back again?

• Advertisement

True.

I think it'll be interesting the first few weeks to see all those who were barred under the old reigeme coming back and causing havoc.

The new owners will have to also somewhat entice the old regulars back who have now become acustomed to walking to Swords or jumping on the 43. On any night in Swords you can see the Kinsealy Inn regulars scattered amongst the Lord Mayors, The Estuary, the Star and the Cock Tavern. In saying that, the first heavy fall of rain will probably get them back.

Lets be realistic here, if it was open tomorrow the regulars would be in there by lunchtime.

Why the interest if you'll never go back again?

Never said "never" and as next poster said will be interesting to see how they handle all the knobs that were barred previously. Regardless i would prob not go there for the first month or two till they had a handle on the place.

Whatever way they handle will be better than the previous owner

Whatever way they handle will be better than the previous owner

Very true also.

As a former agreeved employee of the old reigeme I would not darken the doorway of the place whilst that person was still the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 i spy

we are stlll looking at months away before it will be opening

100% correct, leagal side of things, some renovations etc, probably September

please god no james brown

was owner that bad ??

• Advertisement

No

Advertisement