Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kinsealy Inn Reopening Soon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

That makes sense. The bar is small enough and the would have at least two entrances. From the plans it looks like they're creating a new door from where the off license was facing out the side of the building. They might be only doing that in an effort to get the bar open as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whelcon84

Good way to get people in to see the place before a full opening. Will probably be packed to the rafters first couple of nights

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Whelcon84 wrote: »
    Good way to get people in to see the place before a full opening. Will probably be packed to the rafters first couple of nights

Yeah, i was thinking the same. Probably best to avoid it at night. It will be bursting at the seams. I may have a gander one of the days though.

Well I think the sunday afternoon is sunderland vs newcastle followed by chelsea vs city.

Any word on the opening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

New windows going in today and I also see the bar is in the new bar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

Passed by this afternoon. Even with the windows half-in the place looks a hundred times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I got a phonecall tonight, a few people were out and said one of the builders told them it was going to be the weekend after next before opening. So if it is open this weekend, is it only going to be for a certain amount of people, or something like that?

Allyall wrote: »
    I got a phonecall tonight, a few people were out and said one of the builders told them it was going to be the weekend after next before opening. So if it is open this weekend, is it only going to be for a certain amount of people, or something like that?

Who said it's opening this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kinsealy hoop

It was orginally supposed to be opened this bank holiday weekend, but it has been put back 3-4 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 cantona66

from as things stand right now 3-4 weeks is a fair estimate. The weekend starts in 30 hours so anyone that thinks they will be getting a drink there this weekend is living in cloud cuckoo land. The following weekend is also wildly optimistic but things will start taking shape very quickly now that the behind the scenes work has been done. I agree with Lemo, even a few new windows in makes the place look so much better :)

It would be great if they opened up the gap in the wall again. Never understood Kevin's logic in getting that blocked up. Building walls to stop your customers getting in?

Unsure if planning has been approved yet for new door at gable end

Planning was passed on 21st October so no plannng delays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Lemo wrote: »
    It would be great if they opened up the gap in the wall again. Never understood Kevin's logic in getting that blocked up. Building walls to stop your customers getting in?

That was the council that insisted the gap be sealed up apparently some health an safety report said it was a risk for children being hit by cars on the road.

I remember 2 days after the gap was sealed a certain regular in an attempt to hop the newly sealed wall broke his leg. Undeterred with his broken leg he then spent the following 8-10 weeks he was in plaster and out of work living in the place.
    He didn't learn anything, up to the time the pub was closed I'd still regularly see him hopping the wall

seanmacc wrote: »
    That was the council that insisted the gap be sealed up apparently some health an safety report said it was a risk for children being hit by cars on the road.

At least that makes a bit more sense. Can't believe a health and safety report picked up on that but missed the fact that the car park itself is lethal!

Lemo wrote: »
    At least that makes a bit more sense. Can't believe a health and safety report picked up on that but missed the fact that the car park itself is lethal!

It's not the car park as much as the fools that don't know how to use one:D

Anywho the Kinsealy inn as of 5 this evening

e5oa.jpg

6pmt.jpg

gt5x.jpg

3b4v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

WOW its still a building site and it already looks a million times better then it did back when i lived around there! Will definitely have to drop over for a few when it opens! Those new windows are the right job it was always depressingly dark previously!

Are they keeping the name?

Yes, name being kept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Wasn't there a legal issue over the carpark going back years agon when Eurospar extended their premises, etc. A dispute between the pub and other property owner as to who owns what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Am I the only one who hates bright pubs!?

Loved the dark in the old bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Are they putting cladding around the outside? Does anyone know What kind of finish?

Looks like they are giving the front a bit of cladding alright, even that will take away from the bunker like look. I would imagine now that we will notice a big difference in the place every few working days. End of this month, start of December is looking like a realistic opening time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

peteb2 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a legal issue over the carpark going back years agon when Eurospar extended their premises, etc. A dispute between the pub and other property owner as to who owns what?

There was an accident in the carpark involving a child I believe where there was a claim involved. The owners in Eurospar claimed it didn't happen on their side of the car park. The result was that a fence was erected for a couple of weeks around the perimeter of what the pub owns. The majority of the car park area is actually owned by the pub. The former owner of the pub used to park his landcruiser on what is a parking spot belonging to the pub where the lines were faded. He parked there deliberatley to demonstrate where the boarder is and cause headaches to all those accessing the carpark from his entrance and utilising the Eurospar parking spots. If you look on the ground of the car park you can see what remains of the fondation of a wall long since demolished. When the fence was erected it was a major pain in the backside for people using the Eurospar as it only left them with 9 or 10 parking spaces and one entrance in.

I don't know what the conclusion of the dispute was but a point was clearly made by the pub.

got off the bus last night and great to see the bar in place, looks good and will look great when furnished. Door at side as well ready to go in, well the wall has been knocked to accomodate it. I liked the old Inn but it really needed a facelift and the year it was closed could be best thing that ever happened to it if we soon have a local we can relax in and enjoy

3 weeks and counting

3 weeks and counting

Is that a definite?

game ball, I'm presuming a Friday or Saturday evening opening??

• Advertisement

Exact date TBC but 3 weeks

Advertisement