Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kinsealy Inn Reopening Soon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

looking forward to having a local again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Looks like a new door near the corner where the old off license used to be

4iav.jpg

zhvq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Looks a lot better already and still a building site! really hope it works out for the new owners, will have to drop over once it's open to have a gander even though i'm no longer living in Kinsealy!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kinsealy hoop

2 weeks opening

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cantona66

excellent stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

They'd want to fix that absolutely massive pothole near the entrance to the carpark. That's a claim for damage to a vehicle waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

seanmacc wrote: »
    They'd want to fix that absolutely massive pothole near the entrance to the carpark. That's a claim for damage to a vehicle waiting to happen.
    ;):p

Looking forward to opening night.. :)

But please God let there be no Xfactor/Pop idol whatever it's called. For the love of all things good. Please stop the madness.

I was in a pub last night for a friends birthday.. and :( it was everywhere.
    Worse, i think it was a repeat or recording because i don't think it's on, on a Sunday. (I could be wrong.)

ah here, if they start any of that s*ite I'll be staying at home watching match of the day!!!

That's what bars are for lads.....leave that ****e to the ladies in the lounge :D

yeah I think i'll be spending more time in the bar alright :)

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    That's what bars are for lads.....leave that ****e to the ladies in the lounge :D
    cantona66 wrote: »
    yeah I think i'll be spending more time in the bar alright :)

Was in Smyths/Fowlers whatever, BAR in Malahide about two years ago and they turned off the Barcelona match to put it on. A woman was there with her husband and his friend. When people complained she spouted some shít about being a regular.
    Quite a few lads walked out to another pub. I think about 5 or 6. (Which as i understand is nearly a pubfull for that place these days.)

Anyway, looking forward to the Christmas now, in the Inn.. :):D

Starting to take shape and looking nice.

v5ki.jpg

bjuw.jpg

This time next week it will be looking really well and near completion I would say. Wooden floors were probably put in yesterday as a wooden floor company's vans were there on site. It's probably close enough to completion now, then the usual snag list and hopefully open 1st week December or even few days before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Allyall wrote: »
    Was in Smyths/Fowlers whatever, BAR in Malahide about two years ago and they turned off the Barcelona match to put it on. A woman was there with her husband and his friend. When people complained she spouted some shít about being a regular.
    Quite a few lads walked out to another pub. I think about 5 or 6. (Which as i understand is nearly a pubfull for that place these days.)

Anyway, looking forward to the Christmas now, in the Inn.. :):D

Thursday nights in the Lounge in the Kinsealy Inn a few years ago had a band playing late. Every Thursday the band had to stop playing when Rodge and Podge came on and could only reume when it was over.

November 24th is an opening date I have heard. That's a Sunday so doesn't sound too likely unless grand opening is week later??? it's flying along now it seems but 24th sounds a bit optimistic but 30th maybe a possibility or the next week. Can't see it being any later than that the way things seem to be motoring along right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

The 24th is probably a soft opening just to get people in the doors and for the new owners / staff to get used to the new bar and new procedures and to notice any flaws within the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think it is about time that we updated the thread title. ;)

tHB

any word on opening date?? taking shape quite well now. Hopefully up and running on or before 7th December

Not this weekend, the following one

great stuff. I hope they have a couple of beers on tap apart from the usual Bud, Heineken, Carlsberg etc. An owl Erdinger or Fischers and a bit of selection with the bottles. It's all the go now the craft beers. Not usually in to fads but in this instance some of those beers are really nice and well worth the extra 40 or 50 cent extra per pint

• Advertisement

Just be happy its opening soon and making demands like that :)

I am, just being greedy. If it just has Guinness on tap I'll be happy :)

cantona66 wrote: »
    great stuff. I hope they have a couple of beers on tap apart from the usual Bud, Heineken, Carlsberg etc. An owl Erdinger or Fischers and a bit of selection with the bottles. It's all the go now the craft beers. Not usually in to fads but in this instance some of those beers are really nice and well worth the extra 40 or 50 cent extra per pint

Have to agree with the Craft Beers.. Loving them at the minute. (I don't do fads either).

Hard to get any selection, Diageo seems to have all of the pubs sewn up.

I don't think we're too far off the opening now. Lights installed over the bar in the bar and last night security was "beefed up" as in the signs with the security companies name put on the temporary rails and they were bracketed together. Would suggest the furnishings are about to arrive for the final fit out :)

Supposed to be this weekend but is running a few days behind

yes I would think this weekend is a long shot at this stage but the following weekend is realistic and who knows it could be a weekday it opens so it's not rammed first night or 2 and any small teething problems can be addressed

Just keep an eye out for the beer delivery that will tell all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Furniture trucks there at the moment so I guess they're very close. Surprised they haven't sent leaflets around the estates to let the locals know when it's opening.

was thinking that myself about leaflets and would they be around the estate. I'm sure the owner just has to be 100% sure of the opening date and maybe has it all ready to go to print as soon as it's official. I'm sure when there is an definite date it will spread like wildfire around the area anyway. As Kinsealy Hoop says when the beer arrives it's all systems go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

"The Ploughmans Inn" will open it's doors on Saturday evening. Welcome back Old Friend!!!

Advertisement