Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks Display anywhere ?

Options
  • 28-10-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if there are any fireworks displays for Halloween night in north Dublin or Drogheda?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

No legally authorised ones in NCD anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

ocj wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if there are any fireworks displays for Halloween night in north Dublin or Drogheda?

Cheers

everything has been very quiet this year, thank goodness. Given that there is a €50,000 fine for possessing fireworks the dealers are keeping their heads down. there's usually a good few going off in Balbriggan on halloween night, and some more on guy fawkes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Is Kilbarrack too far for you ? Dublin City Council have one at Roseglen

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Kilbarrack is bit too far alright, was thinking more swords or balbriggan. I see ballymun have a festival on with fireworks display too.

50k fine for processing fireworks ? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Finglas Halloween Festival - fireworks 8pm
    Ballymun Halloween Festival - fireworks 9pm

Anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

There's one in chapel farm lusk at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cbreeze wrote: »
    everything has been very quiet this year, thank goodness. Given that there is a €50,000 fine for possessing fireworks the dealers are keeping their heads down. there's usually a good few going off in Balbriggan on halloween night, and some more on guy fawkes.
    I'd say the fact that there's less money around is also helping as less people travelling across the border to buy them. In previous years we had them going off for weeks before the actual night. It's a horrible time of year. Roll on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

So no fireworks in the city centre?
    I'd say the fact that there's less money around is also helping as less people travelling across the border to buy them. In previous years we had them going off for weeks before the actual night. It's a horrible time of year. Roll on Thursday.

Horrible time of year? What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Where abouts is the fireworks display in Kilbarrack and what time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Here you go SunnyDub1:

Kilbarrack, 31st October: The Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme (K.C.C.P.) / Youth Matters, in conjunction with a number of local community groups, are organising a Halloween event on 31st October which includes a fancy dress party for children in Scoil Eoin, Kilbarrack, from 3.30 p. to 6.30 pm. This will be followed by a fireworks display at Roseglen football pitch at 7pm which is being organised and funded by Dublin City Council with support from K.C.C.P. / Youth Matters.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RECREATIONANDCULTURE/EVENTS/Pages/Halloween.aspx

Think I'll head down there now myself. TarfHead mentioned this one a couple of posts up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Kilbarrack is bit too far alright, was thinking more swords or balbriggan. I see ballymun have a festival on with fireworks display too.

50k fine for processing fireworks ? Really?

There's some mad fine ok, not sure it's at that level though.

Imagine, in the north with all the troubles and that, you can buy fireworks totally legally but down here in this nanny state they make them illegal.
    Madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Here you go SunnyDub1:

Kilbarrack, 31st October: The Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme (K.C.C.P.) / Youth Matters, in conjunction with a number of local community groups, are organising a Halloween event on 31st October which includes a fancy dress party for children in Scoil Eoin, Kilbarrack, from 3.30 p. to 6.30 pm. This will be followed by a fireworks display at Roseglen football pitch at 7pm which is being organised and funded by Dublin City Council with support from K.C.C.P. / Youth Matters.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RECREATIONANDCULTURE/EVENTS/Pages/Halloween.aspx

Think I'll head down there now myself. TarfHead mentioned this one a couple of posts up.

Thanks alot for that :D I will be making an appearance myself

Advertisement