Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 si , really low flow

Options
  • 28-10-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi there

ive a triton t90 si. has been working really well for past 6 yrs.
    but just after i was using it and then turned it back on for someone else to use a really low flow was suddenly coming out of it. and it hasnt come back since.

would anyone have any ideas?? really dont want to go buying a new one right now!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It could be an issue with the water supply, such as a blocked filter.

I think that there is a filter within the unit that can be cleaned.

The shower head could be blocked with limescale too. Take it off and leave it in a bucket of vinegar for the night. Happened to the parents shower before and this did the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

this is true but if there is lime in the head it could be in the shower itself

shaaane wrote: »
    The shower head could be blocked with limescale too. Take it off and leave it in a bucket of vinegar for the night. Happened to the parents shower before and this did the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

DMS wrote: »
    hi there

ive a triton t90 si. has been working really well for past 6 yrs.
    but just after i was using it and then turned it back on for someone else to use a really low flow was suddenly coming out of it. and it hasnt come back since.

would anyone have any ideas?? really dont want to go buying a new one right now!!!

As others said, could be limescale in the head, clogged filter, or another problem with the water supply from the attic tank.

Sometimes the heating tank in the shower can clog with scale in really bad water areas, but if the shower head itself is clogged, clear that with the vinegar as suggested. Clear vinegar is less likely to stain it.

Is the pump running (if not, the shower would be almost silent compared to normal), does it sound as it usually does, perhaps with a higher tone as happens when the pump runs faster with a restricted water flow?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Take the head off the shower and see what the flow is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DMS

hi

thanks to all. very helpful.

i am hopeful the liimescale/filter causes suggested are right, they sound easier to fix ;)

but one thing concerns me... it works intermittently. so for example i might turn it on this evening and it will work. but then turn it off and on again and it wont work.

and the difference between working and not working is big. working shows a full flow like it should be. not working shows a very reduced flow.

i would have thought if it was a build up of a blockage it would be more of a gradual decline in flow??

Advertisement