Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a PS3

Options
  • 28-10-2012 12:56pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone would know the best/cheapest place to get a PS3, ideally new. I was looking at Amazon and was wondering if buying online rather than a store would be a safe option.

Ta.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone would know the best/cheapest place to get a PS3, ideally new. I was looking at Amazon and was wondering if buying online rather than a store would be a safe option.

Ta.

You can generally get good deals in store with bundles etc!! Plus think of it this way if there's a problem with console if u buy in local store they will replace it there and then, try returning to a site believe me I was left without a console for 3 weeks not fun

If u buy in hmv or GameStop u should get a decent price tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

hmv were doing the old slim 500gb hd, and any 2 games for 300 a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I think the HMV bundle was this

1. PS3 - Slim / Super Slim - you decide based on stock though
    2. HDMI cable
    3. Games - Uncharted 3 + Forza + FIFA13

For 299 this is a great deal and if I didn't already have the slim I would be getting one for this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Play.com have the new 500GB Super Slim with Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition and Uncharted 3 for £199.99 today only. Works out at just under €250 :) just ordered there. You'd have to get it delivered to a northern address to get it for that price though. It's €289.99 in Euro price which is still fairly decent anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 520 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Anyone know if that bundle deal is still on in HMV? Is that the best deal available currently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Anyone know if that bundle deal is still on in HMV? Is that the best deal available currently?

PS3 Slim 500GB console + Grand Turismo 5 + Little Big Planet + FIFA 13 + 90 day PS+ card for €317 in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/store...t:tg:offer:ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Has anyone has ever ordered a console from Amazon? The cheapest PS3 I can buy locally is €320. I just want a single console but there only seem to bundles and all that.

So I was looking on Amazon and saw the 12GB super slim console for £150 (€199), seems a good deal to me. Just looking for opinions on Amazon or any other online retailers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hmmm... Thinking of getting a pre-owned 160Gb PS3 from CEX. Don't like the new slimlines at all.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

J. Marston wrote: »
    Has anyone has ever ordered a console from Amazon? The cheapest PS3 I can buy locally is €320. I just want a single console but there only seem to bundles and all that.

It's €219 here, where do you live ?!:

http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=2&rootGenre=27

Advertisement