Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard Drive

Options
  • 28-10-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi All-

Wonder can anyone help me?My external hard drive (Iomega 1tb)is only being recognised as Local Disk.I cannot access any data from it-when i check the properties of hard drive it says it is working properly,although it is showing as RAW data,and is 100% free-so do I have a problem with my laptop??-plugged in my ipod in USB-and that is fine-also tried different AtoB cable on external hard drive-

any help would be fantastic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Couple of things to try.

Different (Preferably shorter) USB Cable.

Also try Partition Wizard Home Edition (Direct Link)
    and/or Easus Partition Master (Direct Link).

Both Free and very good programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

thank you for the reply although I'm still having hassle

downloaded both program but will not let me open them-

mcafee keeps popping up with real time scanning turned off-will not let me remedy that either-
    should i do a system restore on laptop??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

niallo76 wrote: »
    thank you for the reply although I'm still having hassle

downloaded both program but will not let me open them-

mcafee keeps popping up with real time scanning turned off-will not let me remedy that either-
    should i do a system restore on laptop??

Boot into safe mode with Networking (Tap F8 at boot). Sounds like you may have a virus. Which may explain the Original Problem also.

Download, Update and Run these.

MalwareBytes

SpyBot S&D

Advertisement