Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Can't escape the feeling that I'm watching some prison game with those Knicks uniforms.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ugh Kobe just let Steve Nash (one of the all time great free throw shooters) take the technical shot !

Knicks up by one, great final 12mins in store :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ugh Kobe just let Steve Nash (one of the all time great free throw shooters) take the technical shot !

Knicks up by one, great final 12mins in store :)
    I'd imagine in that instance he took it since he was going to the line anyway!

Haven't seen much of the Lakers this season, but watching this, you'd nearly forget Dwight Howard is out there, 9 points, 1 offensive rebound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Love the Basketball on Christmas day.

Have a few euro on each of the Lakers and Heat to win.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Disappointing result but I fancied the Lakers today.

Let's go Thunder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LeBron should have a flopping warning coming his way tomorrow. Pretty much a game changer there. Thunder with the ball and down by 2, James flops, they score a 3 from that play and go up by 5. Complete momentum shift.

Paully D wrote: »
    LeBron should have a flopping warning coming his way tomorrow. Pretty much a game changer there. Thunder with the ball and down by 2, James flops, they score a 3 from that play and go up by 5. Complete momentum shift.

Aye.

OKC still hanging around though , game still up in the air.

Unbelievable amount of questionable calls against the Thunder in that game. Awful officiating performance.

Just a terrible final possession.

• Advertisement

Asik was the one player the Bulls lost last year that I didn't want to lose (and the Bulls had fully intended to re-sign him before Houston came in with their poison-pill offer). Looks like he's developing a decent offensive game to go along with his great defensive game under Kevin McHale.

The Rockets are a good team to watch, I like the way they push it in transition.

JR Smith!!!!!!!!!! Big time :D

Great win for the Knicks at the buzzer. Needed that without Melo and Felton not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Dirty alright, shows Wade's head is elsewhere this season and this has been pretty much reflected in his play.

Knowing Stern though, I'd expect a fine and a ban for Sessions for flopping :):):):)

Avery Johnson fired, thanks to Deron Williams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

just reading the article on slam, most posters seem to agree re D Will

Williams played his part no doubt. He should concentrate more on playing up to his $100 million deal instead of getting coaches fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I wonder if Mark Cuban did the best out of that summer FA. Quick aside, anyone else have a pain in their boll*x with the ESPN coverage, iv learned to record whatever program is on after a game as they always run short and I still missed the end of the MIA-OKC game.

surely they know this is happening

Johnson's kid is going off on one atm - https://twitter.com/itsaveryjohnson

• Advertisement

In fairness to Avery Johnson, his record with the Nets wasn't that great:

2010-2011: 24-58
    2011-2102: 22-44
    and 14-14 this season.

Prokhorov strikes me as a smart and very ambitious guy, and I don't think it's purely a knee-jerk reaction to things Deron Williams was saying.

Reading an interesting interview with Prokhorov recently:
    Q: Is marriage something you would consider some day?

A: I have said that if the Nets don’t win the NBA championship within five years, I will punish myself by getting married. We are in year three. So no one is more interested in winning a championship than yours truly.

Q: When do you expect the Nets to win an NBA championship?

A: In June.

Van Gundy has no interest in the Nets job, according to Brian Schmitz who knows him from his time at the Magic:

https://twitter.com/MagicInsider

Who do people think they will go for?

Phil Jackson they'll try for :)

Interesting comment -

Avery Johnson Jr. ‏@itsaveryjohnson
    This isn't @DeronWilliams fault. Deron is a great guy and great PG. Will miss him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Phil Jackson???? Money no object with the Nets, and would be interesting to see.

Even Deron couldn't get him fired......

This could be interesting. Wouldn't rule out seeing CSKA coach Ettore Messina given the Russian owner. Outstanding coach with some NBA experience (consultant to Lakers) and hugely respected in the US. Depends on contracts etc of course.

Seriously though, DWill's rep is now getting Jerry Sloan and Avery Johnson fired and he's untradeable due to his contract. Not many coaches are going to sign up to be a part of that. They have in DWill and Joe Johnson though two players who are going to cause each other as many problems as they will the opposition. Shame, as the night I saw then beat the now league leading Clippers they looked quite good and like they had huge potential. It's all gone downhill big time since then.

Mike Brown anyone?!!! :):):):):):) and yes, I am joking!!!!

Phil won't go there. He wants organisational control and the only control he will get in Brooklyn will be coaching. Just can't see it happening regardless of money.

Wade given a 1 match suspension.

A truly crazy 3 by Collison to send the game into overtime between the Mavs and OKC :pac:

edit -

OKC win :D

Pretty full slate of games tonight.

Unreal how little attention the Clippers are getting. They're on a 15 game streak at this stage and looking good. They play Utah tonight which is a very winnable game even considering they played last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The Clippers are like the NBA's equivalent of the Atlanta Falcons, in that they could go the rest of the season unbeaten and still people wouldn't give them a hope in the play-offs. I'd love if they did something, though: not just because it'd hurt the Lakers, but they're a quality side who've really gone and made a team of themselves after Chris Paul was shoe-horned onto their team. They're also fantastic to watch.

• Advertisement

I actually tipped Clippers as a real threat in the summer/pre-season. (I'm gonna hunt down that quote on Skype or die trying, but seriously, I will find it and will post it here :D) Gutted I didn't put money on them to win the west and overall, latter is down to 16/1 generally as of a few days ago anyway. Worth a nibble for the bettors amongst us IMHO. Still, we're only a third of the way through the regular season and things can change very quickly after a single loss. Tonight's game against the Jazz in Utah should be most fascinating. If it Mo Williams isn't playing and from what I hear, gotta fancy the Clippers train to keep on rolling tonight.

Side note, Blazers against the Lakershow is on ESPN tonight if people didn't already know. Feck Kobe and co, gonna watch it for my boy Damian Lillard :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement