Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Butler is in the zone tonight for the Clippers!

Would the kings take something like

3 of
    Bass
    Sullinger
    Lee
    Barbosa

And a draft pick or two

I feel they just want him out now and are just playing hardball tryin to get a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

3 of
    Bass
    Sullinger
    Lee
    Barbosa

And a draft pick or two

I feel they just want him out now and are just playing hardball tryin to get a good deal
    3 out of those 4 and a draft pick or two is an aweful lot for the Celtics to part with in return for just DeMarcus Cousins. Throw Jimmer in there and you might have a deal:pac:

Felexicon wrote: »
    3 out of those 4 and a draft pick or two is an aweful lot for the Celtics to part with in return for just DeMarcus Cousins. Throw Jimmer in there and you might have a deal:pac:
    You would need another kings player to balance out the salary cap anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

3 of
    Bass
    Sullinger
    Lee
    Barbosa

And a draft pick or two

The Kings wouldn't take any of them for Cousins. He's the best upcoming center in the league. Bass is a role player, the other two are average guards and the Kings are loaded at guard.

If anyone is leaving that team its Tyreke Evans. He's impossible to find a role for and isn't contributing well to the team.

• Advertisement

The Kings wouldn't take any of them for Cousins. He's the best upcoming center in the league. Bass is a role player, the other two are average guards and the Kings are loaded at guard.

If anyone is leaving that team its Tyreke Evans. He's impossible to find a role for and isn't contributing well to the team.
    Funny though. If the Kings had been offered Sullinger for Cousins before last years draft they would have taken it without any hesitation. The guy was a beast in his freshman year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Felexicon wrote: »

Jimmer? Never thought I'd say this but "ahhh here..." - you know the rest! What a waste of a top 10 pick Jimmer turned out to be. Awesome in college but just too short and slow for the NBA (as I predicted pre draft somewhere on here a couple of years ago). He's like JJ Redick in many regards, but prob not even that good. Average at best and certainly not a sweetener for any trade.

Jimmer? Never thought I'd say this but "ahhh here..." - you know the rest! What a waste of a top 10 pick Jimmer turned out to be. Awesome in college but just too short and slow for the NBA (as I predicted pre draft somewhere on here a couple of years ago). He's like JJ Redick in many regards, but prob not even that good. Average at best and certainly not a sweetener for any trade.
    The Jimmer was mostly a joke but he could be a replacement now that White Mamba is gone

When you think of how much the Knicks fans love Carmelo now it's kinda funny thinking about how much they hated him after this a few years ago:

What a punk ass move though, to sucker punch a guy when he's not looking and then run away like a beeyatch afterwards.

Interestingly, 2 Nuggets players that night are now high on the rotation for the Knicks; Melo and JR Smith. No room for emotion in Pro Sports!

Redick was offered a contract by the bulls two seasons ago. If it hadn't been matched by the Magic then I really think that the Bulls would have been very very good.

Jimmer had one good year at college and is one of the most underrated players in the league imo.

• Advertisement

I loved watching him in college - some of the stuff he did was incredible but the NBA is a different league. Athletically, he's limited and in an athele-driven league like the NBA that'll hurt. Defensively he offers very little and his size is and will always be an issue. A player like Jimmer can only work with certain teams/rotations - he needs to be in a team that spaces the floor, isolates and utilises a lot of spot up shooters (i.e. NY, Miami). He's like a Steve Kerr or Paxson in the old Jordan-era Bulls teams - could be quite effective with the right team, but Sacramento is not that team.

Jimmer in college was a great story, but he's too/one-dimensional limited to be a real star in the NBA. Actually felt sorry for him a few weeks ago as the guys on PTI (great show by the way if you're into American Sports) were really taking the p*ss out of him. Was funny though!

Just think it's a stretch to call him one of the most under-rated guys in the league.

The Bulls trade for Redick. Bulls should never have let Kyle Korver go. Similar player to Jimmer, but 5inches taller. Makes a huge difference in this league.

Clippers streak ends in Denver, hardly surprising a loss on the road there to be fair to them.

Lakers lose to Philly at home. Only watched the last quarter, only bit of basketball I watched today. Comically bad decision making down the stretch. Druj Holiday just bullied them.

LeBron taking the piss with this a few nights ago. Completely legal but driving the Magic commentators crazy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Big win for the Nets after nearly losing a 20+ lead to pull away at the end!

Bit petulant from KD at the end when there was no need to go off like that!

Watched the second half. OKC did will to get back into the game and even tie after being 23 down. Once tied, Thunder lost momentum and went a bit cold. Nets played well to be fair to them but for one quarter it seems. Good % shooting all round from them especially from beyond the arc. Durant's first ejection in his NBA career apparently.

Clippers - Warriors should be a belter next!

Ah The Announcment is on ESPN Classic right now...great documentary!

Good win for the Bulls tonight, hard fought!

Out hassled from start to finish were Miami, kudos to the Bulls.

Clippers - Lakers on now, shame ESPN aren't covering this game -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Woot, great win for the Bulls. If any stat measures a team's heart, it's rebounds, and they out-rebounded them 48 (19 offensive) to 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Clips-Lakers looking like a bit of a mismatch early. The Clippers were the best team the Bulls played this year, they are so deep. You think you're doing well against the starting unit, and then they bring starting-quality players off the bench, like Bledsoe and Crawford. It's really hard to stop them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Really good game tonight, I still think the Lakers will be a serious force to be reckoned with, just feel they need that little extra something or for the players to play that little bit better and they will be a really dangerous team. I think they need a lot more off Howard, Nash is getting back to himself.

CP3 has one sweet crossover, unstoppable !

Anyone have a link for the espn nba games schedule ? My tv isn't updating its games !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I stumbled across an intriguing article on the widespread fabrication of players height in the NBA today. There is no league wide code of practice on this, so team use some players height "in shoes" and others "barefoot". Well worth a read imo. It is widely held that KD's listing at 6'9 is wildly inaccurate, its closer to 6'10 or 6'11. Ibaka is listed at 6'10 and Durant is clearly taller (even with the hat!) in this picture

serge4.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/34789/kevin-love-and-height-liars-in-shoes

Gallinari you beast.

Kobe hits a clutch three to bring the lead down to three. Denver then is forced into a terrible shot which Dwight blocks only for the ball to go right to DG who drains a mega clutch three to beat the shot clock

Very lucky break for the Nuggets with that block falling to Dino!

Can't win a game with only one person making a field goal the entire 4th quarter!

Lakers are really flirting with their season being in serious serious trouble, bad enough already, but trouble as being over!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Very lucky break for the Nuggets with that block falling to Dino!

Can't win a game with only one person making a field goal the entire 4th quarter!

Lakers are really flirting with their season being in serious serious trouble, bad enough already, but trouble as being over!

There's a serious element of complacency/we'll deal with it later attitude among the lakers that D'Antoni will have to deal with right away. The elements are there, he just needs to get them in the right frame of mind.

Just don't seem to be able to put an entire performance together, tonight was prob the first night Dwight really looked like dominating the boards, Paul disappeared after an early start, Nash had some uncharateristicly bad shots and turnovers and Kobe was quiet until the 4th with points coming while chasing the game...he seemed to be trying to set everyone else up instead of scoring...let Nash do that now the he's back and reap the benefits!!

buyer95 wrote: »
    I stumbled across an intriguing article on the widespread fabrication of players height in the NBA today. There is no league wide code of practice on this, so team use some players height "in shoes" and others "barefoot". Well worth a read imo. It is widely held that KD's listing at 6'9 is wildly inaccurate, its closer to 6'10 or 6'11. Ibaka is listed at 6'10 and Durant is clearly taller (even with the hat!) in this picture

serge4.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/34789/kevin-love-and-height-liars-in-shoes[/QUOTE]

Interesting article alright, but still wildly subjective. If Kevin Love is really as small as claimed in the article (6'7.75") he is now, pound for pound, inch for inch in the conversation for the greatest rebounder ever. But he must be wearing 9 pairs of socks to be look as big as he does on court. I saw Love play aginst Scola (listed as 6'9") a couple of years ago and he was a lot taller than him. So either Love is 6'11" or Scola is 6'6". I'm going with the taller figures!

Durant? I've never seen him referred to in print or in commentary as anything other than 6'11". Now I just looked at his NBA page and he's 6'9" according to that which is utter b*ll*x! The above picture is slightly deceptive as he's standing closer to the camera than Ibaka. That's what makes Durant so talented as a player, to be able to shoot as well as he does from FT, stationary or off the dribble at his height. If he was really 6'9", commentators wouldn't be as in awe of him as they are.

It as daft though as these players are all independently measured at the NBA combine. Why can't they just list those heights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

''We want Phil'' was the chant from the Lakers last night.

The way Howard is looking he'll be gone from LA once he becomes a free agent in the summer. Looks like he doesn't want to be there at all.

• Advertisement

The Lakers are back show continues. Hilarious. Looking at their upcoming fixtures, they play the Rockets and then the Spurs on the road and then face OKC back home at the Staples center. Can't see them winning a single one of those games. Cavs after that might offer them some respite, likewise the Bucks. You wouldn't bet on it though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement