Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Honey nut cheerios !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Heat lose again, this time to Portland.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paully D wrote: »
    Heat lose again, this time to Portland.

Mah boi Lillard! :D

Seriously though, some cave in from Miami in that second half! Really struggling in third quarters of games this season. Just glad I was on the Blazers spread :pac:

Also look out for this kid in the NBA Draft in 2020 :cool:

Bulls/Knicks should be good tonight. I'm setting the over/under of technicals at around 28 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Paully D wrote: »
    Bulls/Knicks should be good tonight. I'm setting the over/under of technicals at around 28 :pac:

I'd go under if Melo is out....;);););)

• Advertisement

394852_567088136653048_1840517655_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Is Lakers - Thunder on ESPN tonight or have sky already taken over ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It is on ESPN, Sky have not 'taken over', they have Sunday games and then they have the Western Finals I think and the Finals!

Deng is absolutely bullying Melo at the minute. Bulls up by 46-24, 5 minutes left in the first half.

Melo is having a bit of a nightmare game out there, Bulls seem to have their number in general. Can't get much going. Really don't know what it is about the Bulls and playing in front of the national cameras, but even without Rose they really step it up a notch I've noticed, more so than the majority of teams and then proceed to be a let down soon after, especially against the lesser teams. It just wouldn't surprise if they faced the Bobcats tomorrow and made them look good/lost to them!

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Melo is having a bit of a nightmare game out there, Bulls seem to have their number in general. Can't get much going. Really don't know what it is about the Bulls and playing in front of the national cameras, but even without Rose they really step it up a notch I've noticed, more so than the majority of teams and then proceed to be a let down soon after, especially against the lesser teams. It just wouldn't surprise if they faced the Bobcats tomorrow and made them look good/lost to them!

Aye, the Knicks are a good matchup for us to be honest. Although on saying that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Knicks put a run together here and get it close with 5-8 minutes to go to make a game of it because we have no closer.

Yep, the inconsistency is the thing without Rose. Even if one or two players have an off night we really struggle, whereas when he plays you can have two or three playing average stuff and we'd still beat the vast majority of teams. Great to see him warming up on the court before the game, hopefully it won't be long (less than 8 weeks I'd imagine) :D

Lovely ESPN are showing the last couple of mins of the Bulls/Knicks game....games over...but gives the crowd some hope!

We are ****ing awful at closing games out.

Meh, a wins a win no matter how it comes!

Too little too late unfortunately from the Knicks, too many games like that recently.

No idea why I've stayed up to watch this OKC/Lakers game...could be very ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I'm calling it.

After 35 games, they're 15-20.

Normally the 8th seed usually has a record of about 44-38, sometimes as high as 48-34.

With 47 games left, the Lakers would have to go at least 29-18 over their remaining games to qualify as the 8th seed. With the way teams are playing in the West and the competitiveness in that Conference, I just can't see that happening (unless someone deliberately throws games to qualify for the draft). They're currently 11th in their Conference, and with OKC up next, they're most likely to drop another game. Then in the following 8 games they play Miami, Chicago and OKC again. This could get very funny!

Yea, time is starting to run out but not a lost call yet, way too much talent in that team, I think they could get it together, especially with Nash coming back to full fitness.
    D'Antoni could be the weakest part of that team.

Lakers v Okc now plus Warriors v Blazers, I ll have to jump back and forth.
    Warriors need to get back to winning ways tonight, Clippers killed them and Memphis is probably their worst matchup, played well though.

kmart6 wrote: »
    No idea why I've stayed up to watch this OKC/Lakers game...could be very ugly!

Thought the same after a few minutes but the Lakers have just gone on an 11-0 run to end the first and tie the game at 25-25. Crowd have got right into it too. Has potential.

Seriously, Lakers are getting no breaks this season, Hill out for the season now!

Well that's that over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

oh its a beat down, could get pretty ugly if Lakers dont get it together.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The Lakers are back show continues. Hilarious. Looking at their upcoming fixtures, they play the Rockets and then the Spurs on the road and then face OKC back home at the Staples center. Can't see them winning a single one of those games. Cavs after that might offer them some respite, likewise the Bucks. You wouldn't bet on it though!

Well they lost the three games I thought they'd lose, won't be surprised to see them pick up just a single win on this home run of fixtures tbh, A streaky Miami being the final game of that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Watched the OKC - Lakeshow game this morning. MWP was horrible, 0 from 7 in 3pt and every single one of them was a wide open look, on the flipside KD is a fcukin beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

The Bulls beaten at home by the Suns :pac:

BQQ wrote: »

Yup thats a bad loss. As a Suns fan I'm already looking ahead to a top five draft pick :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

BQQ wrote: »

Are you a Suns fan or are you just rubbing it in? :)

That's the way it's been all season for the Bulls, without Rose there's a lot of inconsistency in the offense, because no-one's getting to the rim or getting to the line all that much. They're relying a lot on jump-shots, some nights they go in, some nights they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

padraig_f wrote: »
    Are you a Suns fan or are you just rubbing it in? :)

That's the way it's been all season for the Bulls, without Rose there's a lot of inconsistency in the offense, because no-one's getting to the rim or getting to the line all that much. They're relying a lot on jump-shots, some nights they go in, some nights they don't.

Neither. Just a surprising result. :)

With Rose back they're definite contenders, but they need him back soon IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yup thats a bad loss. As a Suns fan I'm already looking ahead to a top five draft pick :P

Looking at the Bulls record, they're 10-10 at home and 10-5 away! :confused: Bizarre really, esp. when you consider Tibs is the coach and his philosophy of playing hard. If anything, logic would dictate without Rose those records would be the other way around.

Not sure how much impact Rose will have this year. It's going to take him a while to find his groove and fit in with the team. They'll be a lot better - no question about that, but I see some spikes in form from him and the team when he comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Looking at the Bulls record, they're 10-10 at home and 10-5 away! :confused: Bizarre really, esp. when you consider Tibs is the coach and his philosophy of playing hard. If anything, logic would dictate without Rose those records would be the other way around.

Not sure how much impact Rose will have this year. It's going to take him a while to find his groove and fit in with the team. They'll be a lot better - no question about that, but I see some spikes in form from him and the team when he comes back.

I can't really explain the home-road discrepancy, except that they've generally been a good road team under Thibs, and the bad inconsistency has happened to come more in home games.

Yeah, I'm not really expecting them to become a championship contender once Rose comes back. I presume he'll be on limited minutes and it will take some time to build up his conditioning. I think my main hope for this season is that he finishes the season healthy, and they can mount a real challenge the following year.

• Advertisement

Just watched the first half of the Clippers and Memphis. LA well on top. LA missing Chris Paul and the Griz are missing Rudy Gay. Watching the Griz play without Rudy is tough. They're just very one dimensional. Everything goes through Marc Gasol. He's done some smooth moves down low but nothing else is falling. Eric Bledsoe has been able to pop in to the starting lineup and create some continuity for the Clippers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement