Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Wizards are rolling, won 4 out of their last 5 now. Beat Denver... in Denver.

Having Wall back has been such a boost for them and now Beal is performing like a #3 pick should too. Nice touch from the Nuggets with that video for Nene before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Marco Bellanelli just hit a filthy good game winner in OT for the Bulls. Falling over on to his back. He looked fantastic and Thib has serious confidence in him.
    I remember having a discussion with someone on here a few years ago when he was with the Warriors, always said he was a very good player that can shoot the ball really and can also play wh
    en given the chance, European players are not given enough respect sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

For anyone who doesn't know the Lakers @ Raptors game is on SS3 at 6!

Oh FFS Nick Halling is doing the Sky studio coverage.....my head hurts already! Don't really mind Amechi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

To say the Lakers look disinterested here would be being kind.

• Advertisement

Pau should not have been starting, Clark is bringing way more right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Oh FFS Nick Halling is doing the Sky studio coverage.....my head hurts already! Don't really mind Amechi!

Same! Does my nut in...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lakers got their first rebound of the game with 6:54 left in the 1st Q..

That's a pretty bullsh1t double T never mind the ejection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Good God is that the worst Laker team you've ever seen?? I'm so tired looking at Pau Gasol, at 7-feet-f*cking-2, getting pushed around inside like a little schoolgirl.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm sick of him too now, every possession he's crying and moaning for a foul or decision, a lot of the time not warranted, just fight for the fcuking ball!

Cracking finish in Denver. OKC pushed all the way late into overtime but the Nuggets just edge them out by actually knocking down tome free throws. Think they are 30th in the league in free throw percentage! Some bizarre calls for both teams at times, both can feel aggrieved had they lost.

Forgot to say, highlight was this during the timeout and then Westbrook knocking down a game tying three from deep to take the game into OT :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Forgot to say, highlight was this during the timeout and then Westbrook knocking down a game tying three from deep to take the game into OT :D

Big 3 from Westbrook alright BUT he was 1-7 from 3 point range during the game. On one hand he's not hot so shouldn't be taking that shot (esp. with one Mr. Durant on the floor), but on the other, big cajones.

He's definitely coping better than he was last year in understanding he is option 2 behind Durant, but occasionally he lets it slide.

Yeah I'm sick of him too now, every possession he's crying and moaning for a foul or decision, a lot of the time not warranted, just fight for the fcuking ball!

Not sure Gasol justifies all of the criticism here. D'Antoni's system and LA's personnel are simply not a good fit. Why is D'Antoni immune from his fair share of the blame here?

The problem for Gasol now is he looks so fragile (physicaly and mentally), I can't imagine anyone coming in for his and his $19m per year contract (which is a major stumbling block in itself). Which is a real shame as he can really play when the system is tailored to him, and could be a big contributor for the right team. You think Thibs couldn't make this guy look like an All Star again?

I've mentioned this before on here but look at how well Gasol played in the Olympic Final against the US when the plays were designed around him. Gasol is a career 18.5 pts and 9 rebounds a game guy. Sure he's not playing at that level now, but he's no chump.

Big 3 from Westbrook alright BUT he was 1-7 from 3 point range during the game. On one hand he's not hot so shouldn't be taking that shot (esp. with one Mr. Durant on the floor), but on the other, big cajones.

He's definitely coping better than he was last year in understanding he is option 2 behind Durant, but occasionally he lets it slide.

Coming from someone who watches pretty much every OKC game, I totally agree 100%.

Ah lousy blocking the shot!

2 games on ESPN tonight. Pacers - Grizzlies @ 6 and Battle of NY @ 8.30.

Ah lousy blocking the shot!

Westtbrook's impression of KG!:rolleyes:

2 games on ESPN tonight. Pacers - Grizzlies @ 6 and Battle of NY @ 8.30.
    Lakers @ Bulls at 2:30am as well!

• Advertisement

Turns out he did it twice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

really looking forward to the nets-knicks tonight. only game shown where i can watch live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Incase anyone doesn't know, there is a week free trial for league pass atm. Can't wait to see my Knicks bring tonight

Great finishes to the Pacers/Grizzles and Net/Knicks games!

Spurs/76ers was a decent watch!

Bow for Lakers/Bulls...delighted Clark got the start!

Big win for Brooklyn, just 1 game behind the Knicks now for Top Spot in the Division. Seems to be straight fight between the two now with Boston 5 games behind. A Playoff series between these two would be awesome. I said it after I saw them live that I thought they had the makings of a good team and when the pieces gel, they do look good.

New York sliding a bit, somewhat worrying for them after the start they had. Still 2nd in the Conf. though.

The joke that is the Lakers just continues to generate laughs. They are now the 4th worst team in the West, yet could have 3 All Stars......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'm baffled by the Lakers.

I know D'Antoni is getting some stick for them failing but surely he would change his tactics then.

On paper they look like a one way ticket to the Finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

This lakers team is broke. Imo, it should be blown up now, trade Pau. He has been moved to the bench indefinitely, and right now Earl Clark is a better fit for this team. I think LA should look at trying to get something like Derrick Williams and Andrei Kirilenko from the Wolves, which would atleast give them a 3 point presence...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

7 Years ago today. Serious performance.

How time flies by, sesssh.

Anyway, OKC @ Clippers tonight should be great viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I'm torn by the lakers. I have no time for kobe or dwight but like pau and love nashty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement