Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

stuchyg wrote: »
    I'm torn by the lakers. I have no time for kobe or dwight but like pau and love nashty

Same.

As a Mavs Fan, I still Love Nash. And Pau is someone I would Love to see in Dallas.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gotta love Irving! Lebron is damn right, should be an All Star this year!

Cavs won by 5. Irving's 2nd career 40 point game and Rondo with a near triple double. Not the best but some entertaining moments. Two big baskets from Irving at the end for the Cavs.

OKC beat a CP3-less Clippers by 12. I really need to stop falling asleep during the half in the final game of the night lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I really need to stop falling asleep during the half in the final game of the night lol.

This. The break is too long for me to stay awake through.

• Advertisement

Half point of the season, who is everyone's MVP and Coach of the Year out of interest?

Really can't decide between Lebron, CP3 and Durant. Moreso the latter two. Matt Jackson COTY for me so far.
    This. The break is too long for me to stay awake through.

Yup. It's probably not the best idea I watch the games in bed on the netbook/laptop far more often than not it has to be said! I reckon I've fully watched a handful of games out of 30 or so, probably more, despite being hyped for many of them and having bets for pretty much every single one of them!

When moving Stateside, I'll be grand but for the time being, it's a struggle. In the past I just cherry picked games but the past two seasons I've tried to watch as many as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

MVP - for me it's LeBron (and I'm not a fan), CP3 and Durant in that order.....but it's much closer this year than any other.

CP3 for what he's brought to the Clippers.

Durant could join rarified air in going 50%, from the field, 40% from 3 and 90% from the FT line this year. Plus he's now back in the lead in the scoring race after a couple of big games in a row.

Said it before on here - LeBron has suffered from voter fatigue in the past and if he doesn't win it this year will likely be because of that again. Look at the guy's stats - they're unreal....26pts, 8 rebounds and 7 assists per game. And he's being rested in games. And he's not a gunner. Mad. But for the decision, he'd prob. be going for his 5th Straight MVP. :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

MVP - Lebron

Coach - either Mike Woodson or Vinny Del Negro, those choices may change

MVP-Durant

Coach- Mike D'Antoni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Seriously, D'Antoni?!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Seriously, D'Antoni?!

I got a biter.

MVP - for me it's LeBron (and I'm not a fan), CP3 and Durant in that order.....but it's much closer this year than any other.

CP3 for what he's brought to the Clippers.

Durant could join rarified air in going 50%, from the field, 40% from 3 and 90% from the FT line this year. Plus he's now back in the lead in the scoring race after a couple of big games in a row.

Said it before on here - LeBron has suffered from voter fatigue in the past and if he doesn't win it this year will likely be because of that again. Look at the guy's stats - they're unreal....26pts, 8 rebounds and 7 assists per game. And he's being rested in games. And he's not a gunner. Mad. But for the decision, he'd prob. be going for his 5th Straight MVP. :eek::eek::eek:

I wouldn't be a Lebron hater or nowt. Possibly an element of voter fatigue I'll admit to that, be nice to see someone else win :)

___

OKC @ Warriors on atm if anyone is still up, hopefully I'll make it past half time :pac:

I did :p

Heck of a game, going down to the wire. Real playoff atmosphere.

Golden State win. Some bizarre moments from OKC down the stretch, fatigue playing it's part but credit to the Warriors. Really hope Curry and Lee become All Stars, really deserve it for their seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Why the Bulls are 25-16 without Rose, and currently without Deng. There was a minor controversy earlier in the week when Noah was benched for the second half of the loss to the Grizzlies. And when Taj Gibson fouled out, Thibs brought in the rarely-used Nazr Mohammed. Noah comes out and takes full responsibility for his play. Couple of days later he's pulling down 18 boards and jumping into the crowd to save a game-winning loose ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

buyer95 wrote: »
    Incase anyone doesn't know, there is a week free trial for league pass atm. Can't wait to see my Knicks bring tonight
    Do you have to enter your card details to get this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

clonadlad wrote: »
    Do you have to enter your card details to get this?

Yup and the card will be charged if you don't cancel when the trial runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Yup and the card will be charged if you don't cancel when the trial runs out.
    Them cunning baxtards. Not risking getting my card charged like I got done with Netflix.

Looks like I'll stick to watching some link with about 20 pixels..

clonadlad wrote: »
    Them cunning baxtards. Not risking getting my card charged like I got done with Netflix.

Looks like I'll stick to watching some link with about 20 pixels..

It's all legit though. If you cancel it on the 26th to be safe then you're grand.

They had this same deal at the start of the season and I did it and it was grand i never got charged.

Sensational buzzer beater in Orlando from the the Raptors Demar Derozan! Doubled teamed step-back fadeaway for the game! Very Kobe-esque.

• Advertisement

First win in Boston since 2006 for the Knicks :D Big win, much needed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

haha, ridiculous name. Go Pelicans!

Maybe it's just me, but I really like the logo.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sensational buzzer beater in Orlando from the the Raptors Demar Derozan! Doubled teamed step-back fadeaway for the game! Very Kobe-esque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Everyone ready for the New Orleans Pelicans?

Didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. At least it's not one of those bland, corporate ones that the last few have been (Thunder, Magic, Wizards). It has a bit of character.

Also means the Charlotte team can go back to being the Hornets, which hopefully they do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah it was kind of dumb having a name that was used by another city anyway. The Pelican is the state bird of Louisiana so it ties in nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

BBc-8fQCYAELTFm.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Just sitting down to watch the game, some boos for Allen when with the ball.

Read this on Twitter, make of it what you will -

A solid NBA source has said that the Celtics are fearing a possible torn ACL for Rondo. Results from MRI will be out soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement