Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Less than 3 hours until tip off at The Q!!!!

Cavs: PG - Kyrie Irving, SG - Dion Waiters, SF - Alonzo Gee, PF - Tristan Thompson, C - Anderson Varejao

Wizards: PG - A.J. Price, SG - Bradley Beal, SF - Trevor Ariza, PF - Trevor Booker, C - Emeka Okafor

Injuries:
    Cavs - Luke Harangody (right knee sprain)
    Wizards - John Wall (Stress Injury Left Patella, Out), Nene (Plantar Fasciitis Left Foot), Kevin Seraphin (Strained Right Calf)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Big news coming out of new york for my knicks, and it isn't good... Amare is out for " 6-8 weeks" due to knee surgery... Knee problems have plagued him for so long, really sad news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Heat are 6.5 point favourites tonight. What do you all think about that line? About right? I'd love to see the Celtics win it, really spoil the Heat's opening night, but I'm not bitter :pac:

I'm surprised it's not a bit higher, it was -8 when they played in the playoffs last year. I guess there's a point for the revenge factor or something.

Might tune in late to that game, not sure I want to watch any of the pre-game stuff :) Kind of interested in the body language between Ray Allen, Rondo & KG. I'm sure they'll be professional, but would be good if it got chippy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Ah 1st quarter of the new season down.

It's actually quite an entertaining game plus we may not see a paler match up all season than Tyler Zeller and Jan Vesely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kyrie looks sharp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Paully D wrote: »
    Kyrie looks sharp!

Yeah his jump shot looks boss.
    Too quick to Guard too.

Fúck of with the offensive fouls refs

Ray Allen in Heat uniform just does not look right. I can't see myself getting used to that over the course of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Ray wearing a Miami Champions shirt haha doesn't look right, especially against the Celtics.

That Cavs commentator is so biased its funny! Really enjoying him, " OH, oh no, that was not an offensive foul, he was in the shooting motion " love it, good first half, now im gonna watch heat v boston

• Advertisement

Liking Courtney Lee so far. Will work out to be a shrewd move for the Celtics.

Garnett blanks Allen and then Allen sinks a 3 just before the shot clock expires. Enjoying this game.

A6frlePCYAE9JqN.jpg

That was one nasty dunk by Lebron just there! Heat playing withing themselves I think, and should run out comfortable enough winners me thinks!

Cavs look like they got that other game, Irving on 29, Waiters on 16, playing really up tempo

GO CAVS!!!!! Great to start off our season with a W!

We got a new intro vid for this season. Kyrie and Dion are going to be an awesome pairing. Tristan stepped up and our "Wild Thing" got 23 boards, 9 points and 9 assists:D:D. A few down-points alright though (Luke Walton for 1, defense against the 3 ball, starting the 4th completely cold and letting them go on a 16-0 run) but defiantly more positives than negatives taken from that.

Heat/Celtics is a great game to watch atm. Heat just can't pull away from the Celtics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've fallen in love with NBA TV. Hmm, a very early Christmas present might be asked for!

Ahhh, anyone else heat v boston stream down?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

can anyone give me a link for the stream lads?

Bit of a damp squib of an opening night for the Lakers, especially after losing all their preseason games. The tone was set as soon as Howard missed that open dunk at the start of the game. It will come with time for them but perhaps a bit of a reality check for those, including myself, who thought they would just turn up and blow teams out of the water. Impressive stuff from the Mavs without Dirk though, Collison and Wright were excellent and Mayo did well too.

Great opening night, Cavs game was really good, looks like they are going to be fun to watch this year. Irving just tore it up last night, but I must say I was most impressed by Waiters. He defied my expectations of him completely, I mean this guy was coming off the bench at Syracuse last season. But Chris Grant Cavs G.M, got it completely right, Waiters is just outstanding at penetrating to the hoop and scoring. He completely eclipsed Bradley Beal, and I can't wait to see him and Irving playing together this year. Varejao was nuts last night and nearly got a triple double, 23 rebounds, 9 assists and 9 points, and they may be a darkhorse playoff team in the East.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

baz2009 wrote: »
    I've fallen in love with NBA TV. Hmm, a very early Christmas present might be asked for

+1 on this, it's great!

Not really a surprise at all. If it went ahead, the Barclays Center would be about 20% full. It's that reliant on public transport and subways. So are TNT just doing the Thunder/Spurs game at 10.30et or are they moving it forward to 8?

Not really a surprise at all. If it went ahead, the Barclays Center would be about 20% full. It's that reliant on public transport and subways. So are TNT just doing the Thunder/Spurs game at 10.30et or are they moving it forward to 8?

yep spurs at 8, im gonna watch houston though, see how lin and harden do

Watching the Bulls, Kings game. Look who's sitting courtside :pac:

77868555.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

League pass alert: Harden with 25 points in 27 mins in his first Rockets game.

Wow I love league pass, just watched a very entertaining Houston v Pistons game, and caught the last 4 mins of the spurs v hornets game as well! Duncan just took over down the stretch, 24 points and 11 boards in total

And to those who doubted Hardens ability to be a very good starting shooting guard, PizzamanIRL, WHIP IT! " cough cough " 37 points to go along 12 assists go a good way to proving ye wrong. I'll have to see a few more games from him, but on the basis of that performance, I think he could be in with a shout for an all star this year

Now, going to try and stay up for the lakers game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Nice to start with a win! Hopefully mystreams/starstreams will show Bulls games on their Chicago channel in future because games aren't the same without Neil Funk & Stacey King calling them :(

And Taj just signed a 4-year extension which was worked on by Paxson and his agent during the game, delighted!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Nice to start with a win! Hopefully mystreams/starstreams will show Bulls games on their Chicago channel in future because games aren't the same without Neil Funk & Stacey King calling them :(

And Taj just signed a 4-year extension which was worked on by Paxson and his agent during the game, delighted!

Yeah the Kings commentators did my head in :pac:

As you say, nice to start with a win. It feels so different to be going down the stretch with teams like the Kings keeping with us all the way though, those are the type of games that D Rose would just completely take over in the 4th quarter and we'd easily win by 10 +. That 5 second violation call on the Kings was a criminal mistake and basically cost them any chance they had.

Very impressed with Noah, 23 points and 10 rebounds. Great news about Taj, the whole team seem to be delighted he got his contract, judging by their comments.

Next up is @ Cleveland tomorrow night, before a four game home stretch against New Orleans, Orlando, Oklahoma and Minnesota.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Anyone catch the lakers game?

Not impressed at all, ughh.
    Far too many turnovers,

Does anyone know the story with Nash, will he play tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement