Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Season gets better and better for Boston :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

ESPN calling it a " hyperextended right knee" (sounds like the injury your striker gets in Fifa 13 manager mode!). If it is torn acl thats the season done for the Celtics

confirmed torn acl. sweet.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Tis confirmed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Masked Man wrote: »
    confirmed torn acl. sweet.
    Kinda bad form no?!

• Advertisement

I'm a Celtics fan. It was meant sarcastically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

That sucks, I like watching him play. Takes away from the Eastern Conference championship as well. I think the Celtics were probably done as a championship contender, but would've been a factor in the playoffs.

Ah my bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just a thought here, I know that Boston are prob fcuked without Rondo but they may be a lottery pick this year in the draft that contains Shabazz Muhammad & Cody Zeller

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Clutch from Lebron there

• Advertisement

Just give the best player in the league a wide open three pointer. no biggie.

Could punch Wade. He was in isolation for a reason and it wasn't so that he could put up a terrible forced shot.

Numpty Wade bricking it, ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good job, good effort Miami!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Considering Doc's talk lately of trades, wonder do they bite the bullet and trade for picks now that Rondo is out and the playoff will be short if they even get that far?

And I say all of this as a Celtics fan.

Considering Doc's talk lately of trades, wonder do they bite the bullet and trade for picks now that Rondo is out and the playoff will be short if they even get that far?

And I say all of this as a Celtics fan.

Yeah tricky one, they can probably still make the playoffs and the East is fairly wide open. They have Avery Bradley coming back to mitigate the loss of Rondo. It depends what you'd get for KG or Pierce now vs. in the summer, and if it's worth it. My instinct would be to let this season play out, because you could have a playoff run there, and it would be a horrible way for this team to end. But Ainge hasn't been afraid to pull the trigger before.

For all their talent, I don't enjoy watching OKC play. They always look badly coached to me, the offensive sets are horrible, all this one-on-one stuff, it looks like a playground pickup game. If they were well-coached, I think they'd dominate the NBA. With Brooks in charge I'm doubting they can ever win a championship.

Big win for the Lakers. Kobe with 14 assists in the last two games.

14 assists in each of them ;)

Good win, need to build on that now!

JJ Reddick with 5-5 3 pointers in the first qtr for the magic.

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    Yeah tricky one, they can probably still make the playoffs and the East is fairly wide open. They have Avery Bradley coming back to mitigate the loss of Rondo. It depends what you'd get for KG or Pierce now vs. in the summer, and if it's worth it. My instinct would be to let this season play out, because you could have a playoff run there, and it would be a horrible way for this team to end. But Ainge hasn't been afraid to pull the trigger before.

Thing is - and I'm saying this as a Celtics Fan - if by some miracle we made ther Playoff without Rondo, we'd be one and done vs the Heat or NY (likely 1 and 2 in the conf. to C's 8). There is no possible way they can win anything without their best player.

So the temptation for Ainge (and Doc to a lesser degree) must be to roll the dice and see what they can get in trades (namely picks) for the current roster and add to whatever they get in the Lottery in what is expected to be a deep draft and build for the future. Give up this season and start to look forward. Not that I'd want to see him go but they'd get picks for KG (any contender would want him - even on limited minutes and production just for his leadership alone). Not to mention Paul Pierce or anyone else on the roster. Edit: Just read online (si.com) that everyone bar KG is up for trade discussion.

The alternative is you stick with the current crew and don't make the playoffs anyway and then have nothing for next year to show for it, which hurts you longer term anyway.

padraig_f wrote: »
    For all their talent, I don't enjoy watching OKC play. They always look badly coached to me, the offensive sets are horrible, all this one-on-one stuff, it looks like a playground pickup game. If they were well-coached, I think they'd dominate the NBA. With Brooks in charge I'm doubting they can ever win a championship.

Agree to a point. They do seem quite rudderless and off the cuff at times. But they are incredibly talented and young - and still have a lot to learn (esp. Westbrooks). Thing is, they're kinda running away with their wins and don't have many close games.

Looking at their stats though it's hard to say they're badly coached. They are among the league leaders in field-goal shooting, three-point shooting, free-throw shooting (No. 1 by a wide margin) and rebounding (source: si.com)

It's like a lot of sports - when the teams win the coach gets too much praise, when they lose, he gets too much blame.

Different sport, but I've read both England Rugby Coach Clive Woodward's account of the 2003 Rugby World Cup win for England. Contrast that with Martin Johnson's (the captain) and Lawrence Dallaglio's (senior player) and it's like completely different stories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Big win for the Lakers. Kobe with 14 assists in the last two games.

Dwight and Pau must've teamed up to threaten him.

PASS OR DIE! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is from a couple of seasons ago now but still hilarious :pac:

The Rockets has just absolutely torn the Jazz a new one on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Lakers are really startin to come together well, with the players they have now though i think kobes gonna have to change up his game and become more of a creator than a finisher to facilitate the 2 big men.
    If they can click up a gear or 2 they can definatly make the conference finals,
    Gasol and howard are getting more minutes together and really startin to look good, kobes stating to get his assists average up and nash is starin to hit the 3.
    Could be the start of something big.
    Still have my doubts over whether they could handle the clippers or the thunder over 7 games though,
    If perkins and Ibaka were on form on D and the thunder Iso westbrook on nash I just cant see nash havin the legs left,

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Anybody else thinkin it might be time for the celtics to trade pierce, I know he has been the face of the franchise for years but hes been struggling offensively all season and his effort on D is down, Dont think theyd be likely to get a good quality player trade but definatly some decent pick should be on the cards. KG for me has to stay, He's the leader on the team, without him their D would fall apart, while for his offensive i think we all know he can hit that midranger all day long. He would be the perfect sixth man for them next sason if he got around 20 - 25 minutes. Sullingers playing some serious game now aswell and he could prove to be the vital rebounding man the celtics have lacked all season

limerickfc wrote: »
    Lakers are really startin to come together well, with the players they have now though i think kobes gonna have to change up his game and become more of a creator than a finisher to facilitate the 2 big men.
    If they can click up a gear or 2 they can definatly make the conference finals,
    Gasol and howard are getting more minutes together and really startin to look good, kobes stating to get his assists average up and nash is starin to hit the 3.
    Could be the start of something big.
    Still have my doubts over whether they could handle the clippers or the thunder over 7 games though,
    If perkins and Ibaka were on form on D and the thunder Iso westbrook on nash I just cant see nash havin the legs left,

They will not make the Playoffs.

I was going to leave it at that but....
    If they scrape in in 8th or 7th place they'll face the Clippers of the Thunder or the Spurs and it's goodnight.
    Kobe change his game.......no that's funny! Don't be getting carried away with a 2 game spurt.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The Rockets has just absolutely torn the Jazz a new one on the road.

Saw highlights this morning. Houston were 50 points up at one stage in handing the Jazz their biggest ever loss. MONSTER dunk from Harden worth checking out too.

• Advertisement

Agree with the above. Lakers fans are claiming they are back(!) again if you look across various forums. Tedious.

Let's see where they are after half a dozen - dozen games more first, two games is nowt even if one of them was beating a road weary OKC side. Either way, they'll need a monumental push to even make the playoffs in which won of the top sides in the west will swat them aside.

Side note - great seeing Bogut back for the Warriors. Didn't miss a beat it seems, made a big difference on the defensive end and in the paint last night.

Also, the finish in the Nuggets game was comical to say the least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement