Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Never going to happen!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No D-Will (yeah, he's been awful for a lot of the season I know), Nets on a B2B, playing like crap and Pacers 20-4 at home.

Nets cover the spread and outright win. Oh NBA you can be so cruel :/

Catching up with highlights. OJ Mayo, 2 turnovers down the stretch effectively costing the Mavs. For every one game he might come out big on, he'll choke on a dozen more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    No D-Will (yeah, he's been awful for a lot of the season I know), Nets on a B2B, playing like crap and Pacers 20-4 at home.

Nets cover the spread and outright win. Oh NBA you can be so cruel :/

Don't talk to me man...My luck with spread betting recently has been awful. Last night had the Clipper at -4.5(covered easily),Brooklyn at +9.5(fancied them to keep it close, but never thought they'd win) but the Celtics let me down. I had them at - 3.5. With 2 mins to go they were up 4, and Jet missed a wide open 3, that would have sealed it. :mad:. The night before just caught up with them in the end, Pierce couldn't get to the basket and relied on jumpers all night. Green was the only guy penetrating, and was having a stellar game, but Doc in a head scratcher, yanked him with about 5 mins to go in the fourth when they badly needed someone to get to the basket. Bradley missed a great 3 point look right at the end to send it in to O.T as well... I shouldn't have been so greed with the treble accumalator...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That BG dunk is freaky. To catch that where he did and make the rim is incredible athleticism. Throw in the foul too and it makes it even more impressive.

The Clippers were dunking for fun against the Sixers. It was getting a bit silly after a while.

Incredible from Lebron, just incredible. First player to score 30 points and shoot at least 60 percent in six straight games!

Wade and Bosh have really stepped it up too in recent times too. Latter is getting little to no credit. Lillard was very good himself tonight too. Real shame the Blazers don't have a bench to speak of.

Watched the 2nd half of the OKC game, they didn't show up for the final quarter in Utah. Simple as that.

Great win for the Rockets there, can't help but love watching them run the floor :D

More turnovers than points for Kobe. Only 4 points vs the Suns are the fewest he has scored in a game that he started :eek:

buyer95 wrote: »
    Don't talk to me man...My luck with spread betting recently has been awful. Last night had the Clipper at -4.5(covered easily),Brooklyn at +9.5(fancied them to keep it close, but never thought they'd win) but the Celtics let me down. I had them at - 3.5. With 2 mins to go they were up 4, and Jet missed a wide open 3, that would have sealed it. :mad:. The night before just caught up with them in the end, Pierce couldn't get to the basket and relied on jumpers all night. Green was the only guy penetrating, and was having a stellar game, but Doc in a head scratcher, yanked him with about 5 mins to go in the fourth when they badly needed someone to get to the basket. Bradley missed a great 3 point look right at the end to send it in to O.T as well... I shouldn't have been so greed with the treble accumalator...

In a mini slump myself the past couple of days, 3-6 this week so far. Brave of you to back the Nets on the road especially against the Pacers. I liked the Bobcats to get the W after Celtics went to triple overtime the night before but to hell I was gonna back them lol.

DgEiDH5.gif

What are your thoughts on this? It's not so long ago that a lot of college players wore T Shirts under their vests, but that practice seems to be dying a death too.

I'm not sure about these - they just look a bit weird to me, buit I think they could work on some colourways.

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/11/warriors-jerseys-sleeves-adidas-golden-state/?sct=uk_bf1_a4

5e89c648bb6e1b5efd56716845b3ec24.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Incredible from Lebron, just incredible. First player to score 30 points and shoot at least 60 percent in six straight games!
    Are we 100% sure Wilt Chamberlain never did this? :D

Come on......

Wilt AVERAGED 50+ points for a season.

What LeBron is doing is incredible by today's standards, buit 50 is another stratosphere.

Want another barometer?

Michael Jordan's stretch of triple doubles in the 1988-89 regular season:

TEAM W/L DATE PTS RBS AST
    Seattle Supersonics W 03/25/1989 21 12 12
    Golden St. Warriors W 03/28/1989 33 12 11
    Milwaukee Bucks W 03/29/1989 32 10 10
    Cleveland Cavs L 03/31/1989 37 10 10
    New Jersey Nets W 04/02/1989 27 14 12
    Charlotte Hornets W 04/04/1989 33 10 12
    Detroit Pistons L 04/06/1989 31 13 10
    Detroit Pistons L 04/07/1989 40 7 11
    Atlanta Hawks L 04/09/1989 40 10 12
    Indiana Pacers L 04/13/1989 47 11 13
    New Jersey Nets L 04/14/1989 29 10 12
    5-6 33.6 10.8 11.4

In that eleven game run in 20 days, Jordan averaged 33.6 points, 10.8 rebounds, and 11.4 assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

The sleeves that lone looks weird, Id have gone with very short sleeve that still covers shoulder more.

Lebron shooting can sometimes be off hes not the best 3pt shooter at times so that has helped him trust his all round game and making play for others, as mentioned hes super strong.

Kobe plays for kobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Madcon

What are your thoughts on this? It's not so long ago that a lot of college players wore T Shirts under their vests, but that practice seems to be dying a death too.

At least have the shorts matching the jersey's. :o I actually like the logo design but it's like two different uniforms stuck together.

Also think it's time for Lebron to turn the Difficulty Level up to Pro now. Just video game like numbers

Barbosa done for season with torn ACL, I was watching the game and it did look nasty. He had been playing quite well during the Celtics winning streak, getting 20 mins a night, bringing up the ball. Someone else will have to step up. Thats Sullinger, Rondo and Barbosa, I know the C's have been playing well but this might be too much to overcome. They are basically down to a 10 man roster, one of whom is rookie first-round pick Fab Melo, who is shuttling back and forth from Maine of the D-League while providing emergency depth.You'd think Delonte West could be getting a phonecall, but no, respected NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski has said its Maine Red Claws guard Shelvin Mack, most famous for taking the Butler Bulldogs to back-to-back NCAA berths, might be. He has played for the Wizards and the 76's and was not offered a contract this year. He's been averaging 19.6 points and 7.6 assists this season in the D league

There will never be another

Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon

Barbosa done for season with torn ACL, I was watching the game and it did look nasty. He had been playing quite well during the Celtics winning streak, getting 20 mins a night, bringing up the ball. Someone else will have to step up. Thats Sullinger, Rondo and Barbosa, I know the C's have been playing well but this might be too much to overcome. They are basically down to a 10 man roster, one of whom is rookie first-round pick Fab Melo, who is shuttling back and forth from Maine of the D-League while providing emergency depth.You'd think Delonte West could be getting a phonecall, but no, respected NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski has said its Maine Red Claws guard Shelvin Mack, most famous for taking the Butler Bulldogs to back-to-back NCAA berths, might be. He has played for the Wizards and the 76's and was not offered a contract this year. He's been averaging 19.6 points and 7.6 assists this season in the D league

Jeez, Boston are having a bad run injury-wise alright. I know they're on a great run since Rondo got injured but as a C's fan I'd rather they ditched this season and start the rebuild now. Making the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed and then a 1st round elimination (whilst missing the lottery in an expected deep draft) is not really what I want to see. :(

If you have an hour to kill, this will keep you amused:

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/13/nba-slam-dunk-contest-michael-jordan-vince-carter-dwight-howard/?sct=uk_t11_a1

Oh, and Dominique Wilkins was robbed in 1988.

Clippers went ham in the first quarter! 46 points scored by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Lets go celtics

• Advertisement

Any night where the Pacers win and the Bulls lose is a good night for me

Paul George registers a triple-double. 23 Pts, 12 Reb, 12 Ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Couple of great games tonight, LBJ v Durant followed by the battle of LA. Oh and ESPN have all the All star weekend entertainment

Heat started like a house on fire. KD's fall I grimaced at. Nasty.

Miami are rolling, refs doing a good job not bowing to K.D , those last 2 possessions were both simply cases of good defense. My money is where my mouth is I have Miami +6, but I think OKC will get it closer than it is now

Some dredaful offensive sets there by OKC, way too iso heavy, if they don't start moving the ball then Miami will continue to smash them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Some dredaful offensive sets there by OKC, way too iso heavy, if they don't start moving the ball then Miami will continue to smash them

Yep, the offense is an embarrassment with the amount of talent they have. No ball movement, never create easy shots for each other. Durant can make the difficult shots they create (usually), but no-one else can.

What a pass lol

I was checking out NBA.com during the break and saw an extremely sad artcicle in which Rose is quotes as basically saying it looking like he mighn't make it back this season. Even if he does, it seem certain he won't be at the peak of his powers this season which is bad news for the Bulls and NBA fans in general. Hope he is proved wrong

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/14/rose-i-could-miss-2012-13-season/?ls=nbahpsplit2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He was never going to be back anywhere close to last seasons levels this season! That was pretty obvious from the outset!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement