Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

All Star weekend is getting worse and worse every year :( Was offered months back to attend this past weekend as I have family in Houston, glad I didn't take them up on it. Was more like a morgue then a celebration of basketball.

Need to have it in OKC or somewhere similar... or NYC since I can attend it then :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

RIP Dr Jerry Buss. Some tenure, 33 years owner, 16 trips to the Finals, 10 titles, only missed the playoffs twice in that time.

Think he lived a pretty good life, I happened to see him a few years ago when I was passing through LAX, and even then he had an attractive young lady on his arm. I thought the 'Dr.' was just a term of respect, but reading some of the obits I see he actually had a PhD in chemistry.

BDZnyB9CQAEjlGp.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    All Star weekend is getting worse and worse every year :( Was offered months back to attend this past weekend as I have family in Houston, glad I didn't take them up on it. Was more like a morgue then a celebration of basketball.

Need to have it in OKC or somewhere similar... or NYC since I can attend it then :p

Jeez, I'd have gone to the All Star game whatever about the Saturday catastrophe.....

Looked at it for LA last year and the tickets were crazy - even by NBA standards, cheapest were around $800.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

padraig_f wrote: »
    RIP Dr Jerry Buss. Some tenure, 33 years owner, 16 trips to the Finals, 10 titles, only missed the playoffs twice in that time.

Think he lived a pretty good life, I happened to see him a few years ago when I was passing through LAX, and even then he had an attractive young lady on his arm. I thought the 'Dr.' was just a term of respect, but reading some of the obits I see he actually had a PhD in chemistry.

BDZnyB9CQAEjlGp.jpg:large

Jerry Buss was a great man. To bad his son Jim Buss is a ****ing idiot. Jim is single handily destroying the Lakers from the inside.

stuchyg wrote: »
    Shabazz

He's overrated Give me Otto Porter or Anthony Bennett over Shabz Mo any day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Fact of the day : The lakers were in the NBA finals 48.4% of the seasons Buss was the owner!

Fact of the day : The lakers were in the NBA finals 48.4% of the seasons Buss was the owner!

NBA commissioner David Stern said of Buss "The NBA has lost a visionary owner whose influence on our league is incalculable and will be felt for decades to come".

stande.png
    standw.png

I hate andrew bynum. He is the most overrated player in the nba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

He's overrated Give me Otto Porter or Anthony Bennett over Shabz Mo any day

I agree 100%, i was just pointing out he will he go higher then those mentioned, barring Zeller maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Anyone else think LAL should get involved in the JJ Redick trade talks, the sheer volume of open looks that MWP misses would be a huge points swing in the hands of Reddick or any other mid range shooter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Howard mocked Kobe behind his back at the all-star weekend, according to the NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/lakers_still_in_deep_freeze_NdeeieATpo9PUCtdPsNdEO
    Relations between Kobe Bryant and his Lakers teammate Dwight Howard were beyond icy during the weekend’s All-Star game in Houston — with Howard mocking Bryant behind his back in the locker room, sources exclusively tell Page Six. Amid other reports that the Lakers’ chilly on-court chemistry was spilling into the locker room, we’re told that Howard “grabbed Kobe’s uniform, put it on, and imitated him in front of all the other players on the West team. He was joking and berating Kobe” to fellow NBA stars, including the Clippers’ Chris Paul and Blake Griffin and Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. The source added Bryant later arrived in the locker room, “said hello to everyone on the team except Howard, grabbed his stuff and moved as far away from Howard as he could.” Despite a recent clear-the-air meeting in Memphis, relations haven’t thawed. At the game, Bryant said, “It doesn’t matter” what his team does with Howard as the trade deadline approaches. Reps for Bryant and Howard didn’t get back to us last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I hate andrew bynum. He is the most overrated player in the nba

A ridiculous statement. Last year he was unreal for L.A, putting up 19 points, 12 boards and blocking around 2 shots a game. When Bynum commits himself to got to work inside he is basically unstopable, his combination of size, athleticism, and great footwork make him a extremely tough match up for any centre. He is solid on defense also and makes it hard for players to easily drive into the paint to get easy shots.

To call him the most overated player in the league when a player like Roy Hibbert who is weak, awkward and, despite being 7-foot-2, does not have half Bynum's game downlow or Brandon Jennings, who has been mediocre all this year, yet is hoping for a max contract is baffling.

Yes you could question his attitude, heck I would too, but certainly not his talent:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Paully D wrote: »
    Howard mocked Kobe behind his back at the all-star weekend, according to the NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/lakers_still_in_deep_freeze_NdeeieATpo9PUCtdPsNdEO
    Seriously, your believing the NY Post?! It's tabloid thrash!

Lakers probably should trade Howard now. They need a pure shooter and center.

How about Howard to Atlanta for Kyle Korver and Al Horford

Don't think it will happen but I love if the cs traded garnett to the clippers for Bledsoe and Jordan and rondo to the lakers for Howard

A line up of Bledsoe,Bradley,pierce,sully,Howard with terry, green and Jordan coming off the bench would be sweet next year

stuchyg wrote: »
    I agree 100%, i was just pointing out he will he go higher then those mentioned, barring Zeller maybe

Not higher than McLemore. He will go No.1 to the Bobcats. They can build a team for the future around McLemore and MKG. The Bobcats have another 1st round pick. where they need at draft a Center possibly Isaiah Austin, Willie Cauley-Stein or Mason Plumlee depending on how the draft goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's been VERY quiet on the trade front, but I suspect a busy 48 (or so) hours. Tomorrow at 3pm Eastern Time is the cut off, so expect some crazy rumours (and deals) in the meantime. It's usually an interesting ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Don't think it will happen but I love if the cs traded garnett to the clippers for Bledsoe and Jordan and rondo to the lakers for Howard

A line up of Bledsoe,Bradley,pierce,sully,Howard with terry, green and Jordan coming off the bench would be sweet next year
    Why would the Clippers give up two young players in return for a guy they will probably only get one year out of?
    The combined talents of Bledsoe and Jordan far outweigh Garnetts current level.

• Advertisement

Forget about KG, He's not leaving Boston.

The Lakers should trade Howard. They are going to lose him in the summer as a free agent anyway so the might aswell deal
    2384.png&w=350&h=254
    UpDown1Yellow.png
    3213.png&w=350&h=2542011.png&w=350&h=254

Felexicon wrote: »
    Why would the Clippers give up two young players in return for a guy they will probably only get one year out of?
    The combined talents of Bledsoe and Jordan far outweigh Garnetts current level.
    Kg can score in the post only Blake can do that for the clippers at the mo. he also ads champ experience to a squad that have never seen these heights before I think If they get him or a player like him they win it all this year

As far as I know the clippers said if they can extend chris Paul they want to do the deal the big issue is if they want this trade to go through kg has to wave his no trade Clause. He want to stay with the cs but he has a house in Malibu and is beasties with chauncy billups

Bledsoe is on the last year of his contract he's leaving the clips either way that's why there shopping him so much he's probably gona leave idealy for a big that's good on offense

I think Howard mite stay in la for the extra money

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Howard isn't going to get traded. Josh Smith might go somewhere but the biggest trades are going to be involving role players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Wowsers, James Harden with 46 against his former team. Didn't see the game, but the stat line's incredible:

14-19 shooting, 7-8 from 3 (!), 11-12 from the line. Played 44 mins....46 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists.

Caught fire did Harden. OKC had no answer for him. Lin was quite good too, but it was certainly an air of revenge for Harden after he bombed in the first game between the two since he was traded earlier in season.

Meanwhile the Knicks were blownout by a rampant Pacers!

Credit to the Lakers, played some good ball tonight in the 3 quarters I saw. Nash overtook Magic in career assists as well. Fair dues to him on that!

What a night for the Pacers, This could be our year.. Do we dare to dream?

Wow the 1st real trade of the deadline

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8968590

• Advertisement

There could possibly be 3 team name changes for next season

One is already confirmed.

The New Orleans Hornets will become The New Orleans Pelicans

Now that the Hornets name is vacant. Charlotte might be interested in taking back their old name, But they will only do it if they feel a re-branding will make enough money for the organisation

The Kings are moving from Sacramento to Seattle. The new owners want to bring back the Seattle SuperSonics name that was lost when the old Sonic became the OKC Thunder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement