Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

I don't think he got it off. I paused it with the game clock on screen reading 0.0 and the ball was still in his hands.

Anyway, what the hell was the guy who intercepted the inbounds doing? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BQQ wrote: »
    I don't think he got it off. I paused it with the game clock on screen reading 0.0 and the ball was still in his hands.

Anyway, what the hell was the guy who intercepted the inbounds doing? :eek:

Agree, he didn't get it off in time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah he was a second late by the looks of it. The refs really rushed it though and sprinted off the court straight away. Funny seeing both sets of players celebrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Looks clear enough like he got it off to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

padraig_f wrote: »
    Derrick Rose sitting on the bench tonight (in street clothes).

@McGrawDHBulls: "Heard through the grapevine Derrick's personal choice was to stay off bench until he was ready to play, so this appearance is interesting."
    Thought I've seen him sitting on the bench in street clothes a few times this year, especially when he started going on the road with the team!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'm still hoping the Lakers reach the play-offs (c'mon, if it's them or the Jazz, what's more fun?), but looking at the Western Conference standings this morning, if they do manage to oust the Jazz this is how it would look currently:

Spurs vs. Lakers
    OKC vs. Houston (Harden vs Durant/Westbrook)
    Clippers vs. Warriors
    Memphis vs. Nuggets

Every single one of those series would be epic, for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

If it does play out that way they would be great series except maybe Clippers v Warriors. I think if CP3 stays fit the Clips have the potential to go all the way. Warriors lacking a bit of quality. Curry is a beast though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some cracking games on last night to add to Sunday's games.

To quote my wise fellow bettor and cousin

"That foul called on Cleveland with 0.7 seconds to give NY the cover is the reason the windows don't open in high rise hotels in Vegas..."

Gamblers here should get that lol. Melo went out with an injury in the 2Q but Knicks found their shot and clawed back a 20+ point deficit to win by 5 in Cleveland. A place they have a terrible record at, first win since 2006 if I'm not mistaken.

As for the Warriors. Wow, Curry is just money in the 4th. With the home run they have, hopefully they seal their place in the playoffs.

As for the Lakers, well, of course I'd rather them in the playoffs than Utah but at the same time, it would be funny if they didn't make it. I think they'll make it after ruling them out in December when they were playing like headless chickens under D'Antoni's system.

Some nice plays from last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

kmart6 wrote: »
    Thought I've seen him sitting on the bench in street clothes a few times this year, especially when he started going on the road with the team!

Yeah, he was there once or twice earlier in the season, but hasn't been there for a while now. Part of it was his demeanour as well. Previously he was just sitting there, pretty subdued looking, but the other night he was jumping up off the bench, cheering the players on, very emotionally involved in the game.

Nick Friedell had an interesting article yesterday, saying they'll probably have to make a decision one way or the other, some time in the next two weeks:
    Bulls, Rose need to decide in near future
    In the short term, it can't hurt that Rose was back on the bench Sunday night screaming for his teammates and providing words of encouragement. They loved having him out there and he loved being there, although Thibodeau made it a point after the game to note that Rose may not be out there for future games. As much as Thibodeau tried to downplay the significance of Rose being on the bench, all parties involved are aware of the significance, even Rose himself. In an informal chat with Chicago reporters, he acknowledged that every move he makes is going to be watched. He knows what people are thinking, but he isn't letting that get to him. He is just try to focus on getting back on the floor.

For the Bulls, the best thing about Rose being back on the bench is that it made him remember what it was like out there playing. His competitive juices were clearly flowing as he jumped up and down off of his chair throughout the game. Maybe his presence Sunday night won't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, but maybe it will help remind him just how much fun he had on the floor and may ease any lingering doubts about his possible return. Either way, the clock on his availability this season is ticking and a decision regarding his status has to be made soon.

Masked Man wrote: »

Would have been better had they beat the Heat, although not for me as I had money on Heat covering the spread but anyway, still funny.

Anyone watching Lakers Vs OKC live tonight?

Yes.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yes.

Lakers won't be .500 for long judging by the opening minuets

Thunder didn't play close to their best and have put up 120. The defence in the second half was pathetic though, too many games in the 3Q they switch off and let teams back into games. Lakers got within 6 at one stage.

Westbrook was superb yet again it must be said. Scary how good he could become if he really does matures.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Thunder didn't play close to their best and have put up 120. The defence in the second half was pathetic though, too many games in the 3Q they switch off and let teams back into games. Lakers got within 6 at one stage.

Westbrook was superb yet again it must be said. Scary how good he could become if he really does matures.

They only committed 2 turnovers for the entire game, an nba record. I'd argue that they played pretty well!

They only committed 2 turnovers for the entire game, an nba record. I'd argue that they played pretty well!

Ah you know what I mean though. I've seen them play better and more consistently throughout the four quarters. This season, they seem to build up a lead, easy off big time and let teams back into games far too much before switching back on again.

Turnover amount was impressive, but when Lakers were playing shoddy defence...

Just watched a great game. Pacers vs Celtics. Fantastic finish by The Celtics. Fully deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Unbelievable comeback from the Lakers. Down 25 at one stage and limited the Hornets to 2 points in the last 8 minutes.

• Advertisement

What a comeback from the Lakers! Fair ****s to them, were down 25 points at one point to win in New Orelans. Some real clutch moments from Kobe, Meeks and Howard down the stretch at both ends.

Great finish in Miami too between Heat and Magic by the by.

Sweet jesus!

jaycrawgriffincray_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Irish night in Oakland tonight and a much needed win for the Warriors, made hard work of it but scraped over the line, Lakers just won't back down, I don't like it.

Cousins only played 20 mins, got into it with a fan and just looked so disinterested as if the world owes him.... such a punk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Wow, the Celtics are 13-4 since Rondo got injured, nice breakdown of their winning play last night: How the Celtics stole a win in Indiana over the Pacers.

Chicago and Boston are now 6th and 7th in the East seedings. Bit of an anomaly this year with Miami so far ahead in the East and everyone else pretty evenly matched: 6th/7th seed is probably a more desirable spot than 4th/5th. The winner of the 4th/5th playoff series would play Miami in the second round. If you're seeded 6th/7th, you'd play maybe the Knicks in the first round and then the Pacers in the second round, which would be an easier route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Just watched a great game. Pacers vs Celtics. Fantastic finish by The Celtics. Fully deserved the win.
    Hardly. Pacers threw it away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NBA IN Europe 2013:
    OKC v 76ers in Manchester on Oct. 8th.
    OKC. Could be NBA Champs by then, which would make this very attractive.

Other games in Turkey and Spain but this is the most accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Any links for the Knicks game?

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Any links for the Knicks game?

It's Live On ESPN in the The UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Thanks Dublin

And I wish I was at home to see it but all I have is my laptop tonight but can't find it anywhere

• Advertisement

Just sent you a link. Check your inbox

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement