Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

WTF is it with Westbrook? Everytime you give him credit for maturing and becoming more of a team player he has a night like this. He took 27 shots last night. This on a team that has Kevin Durant? Come on.

Knicks were p!ss poor too. 63 points in an NBA game? I ripped the Hawks earlier this year for putting up 58. Well, the Hawks aren't talking about Divison and Conf. Championships so this is a (relatively) worse performance that that. Could be a long next 7 days on their road trip as they could conceivably lose the next 4 (against Nuggets, Blazers, Clippers and Jazz all way) too. And Stoudemire's out for 6 weeks too. I now expect the Nets to be ahead of them come the Playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Watched the Knicks game last night, they were pretty poor alright hut I do expect Carmelo to step it up in the next few games. The Warriors didn't even play that great, they rebounded the ball a lot better but gave up so many open shots to the Knicks it was criminal, they just couldn't knock them down.
    Bogut makes a big difference for the Warriors on defense, just need him to be more active on offense.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Miami are officially the 1st team in the playoffs

I'll go for

East
    1st Miami v 8th Milwaukee
    4th Brooklyn v 5th Boston
    2nd Indiana v 7th Atlanta
    3rd New York v 6th Chicago

Miami vs Brooklyn
    Indiana vs New York

Miami vs Indiana

Miami

West
    1st Spurs v 8th Houston
    4th Denver v 5th Memphis
    2nd Oklahoma v 7th LA Lakers
    3rd LA Clippers v 6th Golden State

Spurs v Denver
    Oklahoma V LA Clippers

Spurs v Oklahoma

Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow the Playoffs have happened and we have a Champion, must have been some crazy night of basketball or I've been asleep for 3 months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Miami are officially the 1st team in the playoffs

I'll go for

East
    1st Miami v 8th Milwaukee
    4th Brooklyn v 5th Atlanta
    2nd Indiana v 7th Atlanta
    3rd New Your v 6th Atlanta

Miami vs Brooklyn
    Indiana vs New York

Miami vs Indiana

Miami

West
    1st Spurs v 8th Houston
    4th Denver v 5th Memphis
    2nd Oklahoma v 7th LA Lakers
    3rd LA Clippers v 6th Golden State

Spurs v Denver
    Oklahoma V LA Clippers

Spurs v Oklahoma

Spurs

3 Atlanta teams?

Lakers game V Orlando about to start. Anyone else watching?

Howard's 1st time back in Orlando. Ready for frosty reception

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

kmart6 wrote: »
    Wow the Playoffs have happened and we have a Champion, must have been some crazy night of basketball or I've been asleep for 3 months!

The latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lakers game V Orlando about to start. Anyone else watching?

Howard's 1st time back in Orlando. Ready for frosty reception

Is it on anywhere or just the streams? Dying to watch.

Re: the play-offs. All we can say right now is that Miami are the best team in the league and the favourites. Anything else is jumping the gun when you consider that they're just one LeBron injury away from everything being blown wide open.

leggo wrote: »
    Is it on anywhere or just the streams? Dying to watch.

Re: the play-offs. All we can say right now is that Miami are the best team in the league and the favourites. Anything else is jumping the gun when you consider that they're just one LeBron injury away from everything being blown wide open.

I'm watching online

Halftime, LA 50 - OL 46

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Cheers, have it on now with Atlanta/Miami on the TV in the background. :)

Lakers a pretty safe looking at Utah's next run of games

Thu 14/03 Oklahoma City Thunder
    Sun 17/03/Memphis Grizzlies
    Tue 19/03 New York Knicks
    Thu 21/03 Houston Rockets
    Sat 23/03 Spurs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

My money is on the Knicks to win the whole show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

My money is on the Knicks to win the whole show.

Your money is gone. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Knicks were p!ss poor. 63 points in an NBA game? I ripped the Hawks earlier this year for putting up 58. Well, the Hawks aren't talking about Divison and Conf. Championships so this is a (relatively) worse performance that that. Could be a long next 7 days on their road trip as they could conceivably lose the next 4 (against Nuggets, Blazers, Clippers and Jazz all way) too. And Stoudemire's out for 6 weeks too. I now expect the Nets to be ahead of them come the Playoffs.

Knicks just had a bad game. Anthony had sat out 3 games, and is still visibly in pain, and our shooters just had one of those nights were the lid seemed to be on the ring. Novak was getting good open looks, went 0 for 4 from 3, Kidd, JR and Melo went a combined 0 for 9 from three. These games happen, every so often, nothing to be getting too concerned about. I would still highly fancy the Knicks to finish ahead of the Nets.The Nets are completely unpredictable, some nights they look like contenders other times they look awful. I still think it's between us and Indiana for the 2 seed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Reading Isiah Thomas writing about Derrick Rose on nba.com, didn't see this coming:
    We might look to philosophy when determining right from wrong and what is in the individual's and the collective's (in this case, the team's) best interests. In his Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals, German philosopher Immanuel Kant describes people as rational beings who have value and dignity which should not be used by others for the benefit of others.

Let's apply that philosophy to players, coaches and management...

The longest win streak in NBA history by a defending Champion is now 20 after Heat beat the 76ers just there.

Jazz got blown out in the 1H against OKC, be a big win for the Lakers if they can produce in the 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Kings up by 65-36 at halftime against the Bulls! That's not a typo. Tyreke has destroyed them with 18/6/3/2. Kings can't miss. Sad thing is I'm still not confident we'll come out with the victory!! Bulls won't struggle this much in the second half, and the Kings are likely to cool down a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

This is unbelievable. 82-42 Kings right now.

Bad sprain for Kobe at the end of the Lakers game after draining a brilliant 3 to pull within 1 with not much left, he's out indefinitely.

• Advertisement

Nuggets are laying the smackdown on the Knicks in Denver, ran riot in the 2Q.

It blooks bad but can't say for definite it was deliberate. Horrible when you land on someone like that, I still cringe evry time I see a player roll his ankle, bring back some horrible memories for me.

Bad news for the Lakers is he's out indefinitely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Absolutely no doubt in my mind it was deliberate.

Look at Dahntay. He pretty much walks under Kobe as he was fading away.

If he can come back pretty soon The Lakers will still be ok. Their next game is the Pacers which they will probably lose but after that it's

Home to the Kings
    Away to the Suns
    Home to the Wizards

Even a Kobeless Lakers should pick up 3 wins there

Watching a decent game so far tonight from San Antonio

Edit Dallas making comeback in the 4th The upset could be on?

God Damn, Lillard is the dogs bollox

As predicted, Knicks lose again.

Mah boi Lillard :D

Some effort from his last night. Such maturity in his play is so utterly impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Kobe is playing tonight, with " one of the worst sprains " of his career. Interesting..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement