Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Tough loss for the Bulls last night, ended in overtime on a controversial offensive basket interference call. I was afraid Thibs was going to assault one of the referees at the end, never seen him so angry.

Good team to watch, the Nuggets. I wanted the Bulls to sign Andre Miller to play the Hinrich role last off-season, when he was a free agent, still at 36 one of my favourite players to watch. Then you've got Javale McGee doing Javale McGee things:

He has his detractors, but I like watching him, amazing athleticism for a guy that size.

Kenneth Faried as well, just a lot of fun players to watch on the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Black Mamba

Very impressive win for the Nuggets in Oklahoma and on a B2B to boot to extend their winstreak to 13.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Denver could be a dark horse in the West playoffs. You look are their team, Everyone can ball. Lawson, A.I, Gallinari, The Manimal, McGee. Miller can come of the bench and score, Chandler, Kofus, Brewer. All effective players,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Next three are Philly, Sacramento and at New Orleans. Could bump this run to 16 if they keep their heads.

Its some team though, really deep off the bench. Probably the closest thing we've seen to the "seven seconds or less" suns.

Big game tonight between Utah and Houston. Western Conference playoff places at stake. A win for Utah would certainly have the Lakers looking over their shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Big game tonight between Utah and Houston. Western Conference playoff places at stake. A win for Utah would certainly have the Lakers looking over their shoulder.
    While at the same time bringing the Rockets closer to them so the result won't change anything in the Lakers eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Anyone else think durant looks a bit leggy and tired the last couple of games?

limerickfc wrote: »

OKC better hope not. They have to travel to Memphis tonight and Orlando tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I remember talking about ESPN picking random games to air at the start of the year instead of the genuinely intriguing ones. Of course they missed Miami/Boston earlier in the week (which was a cert to be spectacular and sure enough delivered). Tonight instead of having LeBron back in Cleveland or OKC/Memphis? They have an uninspiring game between Brooklyn and Dallas. Come on like...

limerickfc wrote: »

Since the All Star break he's looked well below par. He's playing with a knock IMO, you can just see that by how he's attacking the paint. Less than before and not purposeful. Westbrook has stepped up at times but is still inconsistent and without a Harden to share the burden. It's showing even more now. Ibaka hasn't been the same since Blake-gate too, was playing some excellent ball before that, solid defence, draining shots and getting them rebounds.

Plus Fisher is killing them as well when he comes off the bench. Been abysmal since resigning for the Thunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Denver could be a dark horse in the West playoffs. You look are their team, Everyone can ball. Lawson, A.I, Gallinari, The Manimal, McGee. Miller can come of the bench and score, Chandler, Kofus, Brewer. All effective players,

Its possible, but for them to be a genuine threat in the West they are going to have to creep up into the 4th spot, to get a home series. They've been unbelievable at home, 30-3, and for the most part, mediocre on the road, this streak besides.Their relentless fast break, running style just wears teams down, and the altitude also helps them. There well capable of getting there though, there is nothing between them, Memphis, and the Clippers atm. There really a great team to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Heat 21 down at the half, massive ask for them the way they're playing... surely not to the cavs minus uncle drew and Dion! Need a huge second half now

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

stuba wrote: »
    Heat 21 down at the half, massive ask for them the way they're playing... surely not to the cavs minus uncle drew and Dion! Need a huge second half now

Tie game........LeBron going off....

Level with 10:26 left after going down by 27 in the 3rd, why shouldn't I be surprised. What a turnaround!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Tie game now.Unbelievable coming back from 27. still 10 left in the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

stuba wrote: »

Level with ten minutes left now :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

All happening now, fan running onto the court

A fan rushed the court wearing a shirt about LeBron returning to Cleveland in 2014 apparently.

Heat turning on the afterburners here!

Has a treble double now anyway didnt see that coming half an hour ago when he had scored since the 1st quarter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Haven't really been following the streak thing because it's the Heat, but I have to admit, it's kind of fun now.

Looks like only the Bulls and the Spurs will have a chance to beat them now before the record, maybe the Knicks will have a chance too if they get Chandler back.

• Advertisement

It would have been awesome for the Cavs to stop LeBron and the Heat. But they just couldn't make the stops in the 2nd half

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh to be a Cavs fan........... yet again, we fell apart again in the second half. That really has really been the Cavs downfall this season. Good first half and just lose all momentum in the 3rd.

Miami just sunk 3's for fun in the 4th. LeBron proved he's the best player in the league again last night, getting a triple-double in the space of 2 quarters.

Oh to be a Cavs fan........... yet again, we fell apart again in the second half. That really has really been the Cavs downfall this season. Good first half and just lose all momentum in the 3rd.

Miami just sunk 3's for fun in the 4th. LeBron proved he's the best player in the league again last night, getting a triple-double in the space of 2 quarters.
    it could be worse ye are one of the better young teams in the game at the moment if ye can keep yere young guys (i think ye will) its only a matter of time before the cavs become a team people worry about on top of that it would not supprise me if lebron did go back home after winning 2-3 with the heat and uses his championchip experience to get kyrie and co over the hump get that monkey of there backs early and it could be a very dangerious team

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Balls of steel from Cody Brewer, made 3 free throws at the death to help the Nuggets win by 1 and extend their streak to 14.

Guess who's back

Tony+Parker+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Atlanta+Hawks+EyFWtgDD8OVl.jpg

Expected to play some minutes against Utah tonight

25 straight wins for the Heat now.

Watching a great game here, Utah's Marv Williams sinks a buzzer beating 3 to take San Antonio to OT.

Parker on the floor

Aye, was a really good game the Spurs one.

Lakers have blown a big lead, now a 2 point game going into the 4th with the Wizards.

• Advertisement

Great finish to Wizards/Lakers. Well done Washington

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement