Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anthony Davis out for New Orleans tonight, great news for us Bulls fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

buyer95 wrote: »
    45 points for Harden, as the Rockets defeat Atlanta by 10, Lin had 21 and 10 as well.

That's amazing. Saw a stat that only 2 players have had 82 points through the first two games of the season, Wilt and Jordan. It's 3 now. He won't keep that rate up, but will be fascinating to see if the Thunder have just traded away the future scoring champion.

Was looking at some of the highlights of his first game, looks an entertaining back-court to watch, with him and Jeremy Lin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Got the league pass sorted, thank god! :D

Did yas watch the lakers game?
    0-3 (0-11 counting preseason)

Not happy at all, surprised Nash didn't play. I was listening to The Basketball Jones (TBJ) beforehand, and was annoyed at them because they were saying the offense was perfect, but they just sucked at D. They were saying how Kobe & Dwight were doing good, but not a mention of Nash at all! :mad:

However after watching the Lakers-Clippers last night, I actually agree, their defense is ****e! but I still think that the offense is just as bad,

The Lakers have always had problems with Guard Penetrations, even during Jackson's era. But back then, the Lakers had a pretty good offense that can offset pretty much everything you throw at them. Not so much this time.

I'm actually surprised at the success of the Lin-Harden team-up. Specially Harden. I thought they would actually need some games at least to gel and get comfortable, but it looks like they've been playing for the Rockets for years and not just for a few days.

Going back, I thought that the Rockets had a pretty bad deal when they pulled the trigger for the Harden Trade, but it looks like it's working out for them.

As for the Thunder Fans, I know its hard losing someone like Harden, specially when he's playing this good for a different team. But I still think they had the better end of the deal. Keven Martin is no Harden but he's no slouch either. Not to mention, a promising rookie in Ward, 1 2nd-Round Draft Pick, and 2 1st-Round Draft Picks. So all-in-all, the future still looks bright for the Thunders. I don't get the many doom-and-gloom articles I've read concerning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Went to the Warriors opening game last night, first time I've gone back in two years with high hopes of change but some things will never change I guess..... I don't have unrealistic expectations. Maybe get last playoff place if we are lucky but on last nights performance there is a lot to do.
    Bogut looks really bad, obviously rusty and will need time but man did he look out of sorts. Curry really impressed me for the first time, he could well be a serious player for the franchise in the long term, Carl Laundry is the biggest steal ever.ever. ever. What a solid productive player, why he went to the Warriors I willl never know...team played bad against one of the hardest working teams in the NBA In Memphis, they play old school, only use 7 players and fight tooth and nail, good coach.
    Worried about mark jackson, he has got a pretty good squad just needs to get a game plan.
    Harrison Barnes looks like some cocky ****, very bad body language but has talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Went to the Warriors opening game last night, first time I've gone back in two years with high hopes of change but some things will never change I guess..... I don't have unrealistic expectations. Maybe get last playoff place if we are lucky but on last nights performance there is a lot to do.
    Bogut looks really bad, obviously rusty and will need time but man did he look out of sorts. Curry really impressed me for the first time, he could well be a serious player for the franchise in the long term, Carl Laundry is the biggest steal ever.ever. ever. What a solid productive player, why he went to the Warriors I willl never know...team played bad against one of the hardest working teams in the NBA In Memphis, they play old school, only use 7 players and fight tooth and nail, good coach.
    Worried about mark jackson, he has got a pretty good squad just needs to get a game plan.
    Harrison Barnes looks like some cocky ****, very bad body language but has talent.

Yeah the warriors were poor alright, imo its just not a playoff team imo, unless Bogut improves big time... Never knew we had Americans on this thread, thought it was all just Irish. One of my short term goals is to get to a Knicks v Nets game in the Garden sometime soon

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Yeah the warriors were poor alright, imo its just not a playoff team imo, unless Bogut improves big time... Never knew we had Americans on this thread, thought it was all just Irish. One of my short term goals is to get to a Knicks v Nets game in the Garden sometime soon

100% Irish but live in the bay area, as good as American i suppose at this stage.
    I worry for the Warriors, they will have to go all in on Bogut I feel if they want to be serious about playoffs. You have to post him up and see what he can produce, we have very good shooters so it is a good recipe.
    Most worrying thing was being out hustled on opening night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Great game between the Nuggets and Heat there. Miami just showed how dangerous it will be in tight situations. Everyone red hot and Lebron finds Ray Ray in the corner for a 4 point play. Lebron was only a rebound away from a triple double but was quiet enough in the game which is just scary.

Super win by Warriors away to the Clippers, very strange game, Clippers shot 40 from 52 at the line,0ver 90 free throws in the game :eek:, refs were a bit whistle happy.
    Curry made a big play at the end with drawing a charge from Paul.
    Warriors bench is very strong, cant praise Landry enough again, Jack is a very solid player as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh, how I love being a Cavs fan..... After getting a win against the Wizards, we then got annihilated by the Bulls at The Q. Pretty sure we had 10 turnovers at the half. We then headed to Milwaukee last night for a game against the Bucks. To be fair, we played much better than we did against the Bulls but again, it was the same problems that we had against the Bulls that cost us last night. Going completely cold and letting the Bucks go on a 25-6 run during the 1st/2nd quarter killed our confidence and our bench really isn't doing it. I'd probably say CJ, Boobie and Zeller are going to be our main impact players from the bench but even they had poor games (esp CJ). Still, after Kyrie got that lay up at the end (1 second left), I thought we were heading to OT but Jennings popped in that 3 at the end.................

Onto Lob City for our game tomorrow night against the Clippers.

Anyone watching the Knicks/Sixers game?

• Advertisement

Getting to see the Suns tonight against the Magic. Interested to see how the new look team gels.

Comical situation in Orlando as there's a problem with the net and the games been delayed at least 10 minutes. JJ Reddick keeping up his hot start to the season. He has 11 points in 7 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

You'd say something if it was one of the players but a solider at the break haha

Quite worried about what the Heat could do to the Suns tonight. We played last night and faded quite poorly against a poor Magic team. The team has potential to be quite good with time. Goran Dragic needs to step up and play a bigger role in the offense in my opinion. Too much emphasis is being placed on Michael Beasley and he hasn't exactly been fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Quite worried about what the Heat could do to the Suns tonight. We played last night and faded quite poorly against a poor Magic team. The team has potential to be quite good with time. Goran Dragic needs to step up and play a bigger role in the offense in my opinion. Too much emphasis is being placed on Michael Beasley and he hasn't exactly been fantastic.

Im watchin the knicks, but latest update in miami is they have scored 30 points on 1st, with 2 mins remaining. I think ye will be ok;)

Varejao and Zeller both on the inactive list for the Cavs............great:(:(:(

Varejao and Zeller both on the inactive list for the Cavs............great:(:(:(

Heaven forbid Tristan Thompson might actually have to do something productive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Lakers vs Jazz anyone?

The sooner Kobe learns to share the better, he had 6 of 18 turnovers!
    Where's Nash when ya need him? :/

Lakers vs Jazz anyone?

Where's Nash when ya need him? :/

That's not on unusual Kobe stat in fairness. Especially with Nashy out hurt. He's always going to feel the need to be the protagonist whether it suits the team or not. There's some possessions where he grabs a rebound on defense and you know instantly that this possession is going to end with him shooting a 20 footer regardless or who's guarding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

KobeStaresBrown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

That's not on unusual Kobe stat in fairness. Especially with Nashy out hurt. He's always going to feel the need to be the protagonist whether it suits the team or not. There's some possessions where he grabs a rebound on defense and you know instantly that this possession is going to end with him shooting a 20 footer regardless or who's guarding him.

He wasn't talking about missed shots.

Lakers lost possession of the ball without taking a shot 18 times.
    Kobe was responsible for 6 of these .

BQQ wrote: »
    He wasn't talking about missed shots.

Lakers lost possession of the ball without taking a shot 18 times.
    Kobe was responsible for 6 of these .

Yeah I know what he meant.

I meant that he does that because of his attitude that he has to have the ball at all times.

Lakers have fired Mike Brown. Expect the offense to change drastically now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Lakers have fired Mike Brown. Expect the offense to change drastically now.

NBA teams are crazy in how they manage coaches. Invest all that money in Howard, Nash & co., and the coach is almost an afterthought. I don't have very strong feelings about Brown either way, but how can you keep him for a whole off-season, and then fire him five games into the regular season?

Same with the Knicks & Woodson, Clippers & Del Negro, Thunder giving Scott Brooks an extension. They spend a ton of effort getting these star players together, pinning their franchise's future on them, and then hire a coach who never achieved anything.

Will be an interesting appointment, Kobe seems to have a big influence at the organisation, which could be a problem if you want a strong coach.

The Lakers fired Mike Brown? WTF were they thinking?!!

Mike Brown is Legendary! He was the epitome of mediocrity. The Go-to Coach for those Superstar-laden teams so that they'll fall short of the Trophy. The Brilliant Tactician that often instills changes for the sake of changing, leading fans to facepalm themselves with one hand while the other is left scratching their head in pure disbelief. Not only that, Mike Brown is rank 2nd in the Worst-Coach-to-have-in-your-Basketball-Team Category. To top it off, he's paid mad money to do it too ($6 Million a year!).

Truly a staggerring loss, and will be very tough to replace. But fret not Lakers Fans, I heard Isaiah Thomas is looking for a team. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Surprised he was fired 5 games into the regular season; but not surprised he was fired. Thought they'd wait until the All Star break and make a call on him then.

Unfortunately we'll now have to see his stupid fake smile on NBA tonight for the rest of the season explaining lay ups to us as condescendingly as only he can.

He'll likely never get another NBA Head Coach job again.

Surprised he was fired 5 games into the regular season; but not surprised he was fired. Thought they'd wait until the All Star break and make a call on him then.

Unfortunately we'll now have to see his stupid fake smile on NBA tonight for the rest of the season explaining lay ups to us as condescendingly as only he can.

He'll likely never get another NBA Head Coach job again.

I beg to differ. I actually think Mike Brown will land himself another gig. He's like the Barack Obama of Coaches.

For some reason, I fancy him joining the NY Teams. Yeah, they're stupid like that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nobody puts Kobe in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Gutted. Was hoping he'd be there for a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

What are the blackouts like on League Pass here in Ireland?

MLB.tv don't have any blackouts outside the US & Canada. Is that the case here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement