Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I don't believe what just happened. Bosh nails the 3 for the win after that terrible call beforehand. Heat win by 2 without their 2 big names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That call was ridiculous. As they said on commentary, you don't even need to watch basketball to recognise that as a flop. Unless you're an NBA official evidently... Knew Miami were going to score as soon as they went back up the court though. Still, nice 3 by Bosh. That loss could knock the Spurs, though. It was on a plate for them and they couldn't take command of the game at any stage.

Very comfortable win for the Knicks in the Garden against the Celtics there. Finding that early season form gradually into the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Shocking loss for the Spurs and big time Charlie move from Miami to rest their "injured" players. No class. Doesn't matter that they won, it's still a punk move and very petty.

• Advertisement

Found an NBA tonight from a few days ago I hadn't seen on my UPC box and it was the Lakers Kings game from the other night. My God, the no call on the Howard foul on Cousin's first 3 in the last 10 seconds was simply awful. I don't care if he's playing for it, if it's that obvious and bad (on Howard's part) you have to call it refs. Considering the gimme you gave Kobe earlier it's at least a make-up call. Truly awful. Complete double standards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Massive game for Utah tonight, At home to the Blazers for a chance to move a game clear of the Lakers in the 8th spot.

Massive game for Utah tonight, At home to the Blazers for a chance to move a game clear of the Lakers in the 8th spot.

They own the tie-breaker with the Lakers so only need to finish with the same record as LA to get the playoff berth.

Going back to last week's topic of players looking for max contracts when they're not really max contract players.....Andre Iguadola wants a max. I expect him to to have a 50-21-15 night now after I say "he's not worth a max".......:rolleyes:

They own the tie-breaker with the Lakers so only need to finish with the same record as LA to get the playoff berth.

Going back to last week's topic of players looking for max contracts when they're not really max contract players.....Andre Iguadola wants a max. I expect him to to have a 50-21-15 night now after I say "he's not worth a max".......:rolleyes:

He deserves it a hell of allot more than John Wall does anyway.

Found an NBA tonight from a few days ago I hadn't seen on my UPC box and it was the Lakers Kings game from the other night. My God, the no call on the Howard foul on Cousin's first 3 in the last 10 seconds was simply awful. I don't care if he's playing for it, if it's that obvious and bad (on Howard's part) you have to call it refs. Considering the gimme you gave Kobe earlier it's at least a make-up call. Truly awful. Complete double standards.

david-stern1-306x413.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement

Nice timing. Was in my Twitter feed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

good some those calls are bad, easiest to spot was one on dirk, but calling a 3pt a 2 is just blatant too

Go back and look at the thread I started a while back on the officiating in the 2002 Western Conf. Finals, Kings v Lakers. Biggest screwing of a team ever.

Yet more double standards from the NBA today. The Miami Heat will face no sanctions for sitting out James and Wade against the Spurs. Yet The Spurs were fined $250,000 for sitting out Duncan and Parker in the reverse fixture earlier this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yet more double standards from the NBA today. The Miami Heat will face no sanctions for sitting out James and Wade against the Spurs. Yet The Spurs were fined $250,000 for sitting out Duncan and Parker in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
    Two completely different things!

Pop openly said he was sitting his guys to let them rest and avoid the travel, while Wade and James were both listed as having injuries, considering that Wade has missed a few games recently that can't be questioned and LeBron had a hamstring issue!

So completely different circumstances!

Post-dunk technicals are so silly.

The Rockets are a dangerous proposition for anyone in a play-off series. Don't think they'll do much but they're certainly capable of a 1st round upset.

In other thoughts while watching the Orlando/Houston game...tanking sucks.

Woah. Second buzzer beater in two nights downs the Spurs. All of a sudden they're showing cracks...

Been a crazy week or so for Spurs fans.

Elsewhere tonight, Jazz win again beating the Blazers. I's their fifth win in a row now and heaps more pressure on the Mavs and Lakers in the game between them tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

kmart6 wrote: »
    Two completely different things!

Pop openly said he was sitting his guys to let them rest and avoid the travel, while Wade and James were both listed as having injuries, considering that Wade has missed a few games recently that can't be questioned and LeBron had a hamstring issue!

So completely different circumstances!

That very well may be the case, especially Wade but I think it would be naive to think that the higher powers of Miami didn't say, hey... screw these guys, they didn't give us their stars so we are not going to them ours.
    Pop had the balls to call it like it was last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

He deserves it a hell of allot more than John Wall does anyway.

No he does not. I would much rather have John Wall as a starting point for building a franchise than Andre Igudala.

Really not getting the John Wall hate on here at all. He's an amazing talent and saying there are 20 better point guards in the NBA is laughable. Someone even said Mike Conley was better.

That very well may be the case, especially Wade but I think it would be naive to think that the higher powers of Miami didn't say, hey... screw these guys, they didn't give us their stars so we are not going to them ours.
    Pop was stupid enough to call it like it was last year.
    FYP

Felexicon wrote: »
    No he does not. I would much rather have John Wall as a starting point for building a franchise than Andre Igudala.

Really not getting the John Wall hate on here at all. He's an amazing talent and saying there are 20 better point guards in the NBA is laughable. Someone even said Mike Conley was better.

Once again, we're not saying he's not talented, we just said he's not at max level. He may yet go on to prove himself at that level, but I don't yet see credible evidence of that.

I never said 20 PGs (I said players), but I did list all the PGs that are better, and I didn't mention Conley (I think). So, where do you rank Wall in the NBA PG list? Top 10? List please.....

The only reason he deserves a max over Iguadola is his age, as he's young enough to build a team around.

Do the posters who said LBJ and Wade were injured genuinely believe that?

leggo wrote: »
    The Rockets are a dangerous proposition for anyone in a play-off series. Don't think they'll do much but they're certainly capable of a 1st round upset.

Yep, and their likely first round opponents? OKC. Could be very interesting for Harden!

Do the posters who said LBJ and Wade were injured genuinely believe that?

Wade was playing hurt against Chicago, that was obvious for all to see. LeBron was just rested.

leggo wrote: »
    Wade was playing hurt against Chicago, that was obvious for all to see. LeBron was just rested.

Ah, but they listed LBJ as injured purely to stuck it to San An and avoid a fine.

Both LeBron and aware arrived at the arena in tracksuits and looked ready to play btw.

There are at least 10 PG better than Wall

Rondo
    Parker
    Irving
    Paul
    Holiday
    Williams
    Curry
    Conley
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    30 players? 20 All Stars to start, easily another 10 players better than Wall in the league after that (I didn't say in his position). In his position alone there's at least 10+ guys cosiderably ahead of him in the league - Paul, Rondo, Parker, Rose, Lawson, Williams, Irving, Lilliard, Westbrook, Rubio, Vasquez (check his stats!), Curry (if you consider him a PG), Jack, Holiday, Jennings, Dragic, etc. are all better than Wall

Not saying those teams would part with those players, but again my central point is why tie up so much money on Wall when you could take your chances and at least try for someone else with the money ear-marked for Wall? If you commit to Wall, that's it, you're stuck with him. Personally, I'd use him as trade bait to land a better PG, or a better PLAYER.
    Once again, we're not saying he's not talented, we just said he's not at max level. He may yet go on to prove himself at that level, but I don't yet see credible evidence of that.

I never said 20 PGs (I said players), but I did list all the PGs that are better, and I didn't mention Conley (I think). So, where do you rank Wall in the NBA PG list? Top 10? List please.....

The only reason he deserves a max over Iguadola is his age, as he's young enough to build a team around.
    Sorry it was someone else who said Conley but at the same time I rate John Wall a hell of a lot higher than all the players I've bolded above.

Look I'm obviously not saying your opinion is wrong it's just that I disagree with it. Personally I think if people are honest there are only about 10 players in the entire league that deserve max contracts.

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »
    Personally I think if people are honest there are only about 10 players in the entire league that deserve max contracts.

Well, let's take that then - is Wall one of the 10?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement