Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Felexicon wrote: »
    I think Wall could make the Cavs better than they are now if him and Irving switched

Now I honestly think you're just trolling with the above and the omission of Parker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Now I honestly think you're just trolling with the above and the omission of Parker.
    Someone doesn't agree with you so it must be a troll? OK :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

No he does not. I would much rather have John Wall as a starting point for building a franchise than Andre Igudala.

Really not getting the John Wall hate on here at all. He's an amazing talent and saying there are 20 better point guards in the NBA is laughable. Someone even said Mike Conley was better.
    This. I had a good laugh at that, at the time as well, meant to comment on it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

buyer95 wrote: »
    This. I had a good laugh at that, at the time as well, meant to comment on it:pac:

That was bad, someone (maybe in the same post) said Jarrett Jack was better. Jarrett f*cking Jack?? Seriously??

Here we are :
    Originally Posted by ButtersSuki
    In his position alone there's at least 10+ guys cosiderably ahead of him in the league - Paul, Rondo, Parker, Rose, Lawson, Williams, Irving, Lilliard, Westbrook, Rubio, Vasquez (check his stats!), Curry (if you consider him a PG), Jack, Holiday, Jennings, Dragic, etc. are all better than Wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Out of interest, as suggested
    Vasquez (check his stats!)
    , I have...

2010-11
    Wall
    GP:66 GS:64 PPG:16.4 APG:8.3 RPG:4.6 SPG:1.8 FG%:.409 3PT%:.296
    Vasquez
    GP:70 GS:1 PPG:3.6 APG:2.2 RPG:1.0 SPG:0.3 FG%:.408 3PT%:.291

2011-12
    Wall
    GP:66 GS:66 PPG:16.3 APG:8.0 RPG:4.5 SPG:1.4 FG%:.423 3PT%:.071
    Vasquez
    GP:66 GS:26 PPG:8.9 APG:5.4 RPG:2.6 SPG:0.9 FG%:.430 3PT%:.319

2012-13
    Wall
    GP:40 GS:33 PPG:17.3 APG:7.6 RPG:3.8 SPG:1.3 FG%:.443 3PT%:.314
    Vasquez
    GP:72 GS:72 PPG:15.3 APG:9.1 RPG:4.4 SPG:1.5 FG%:.434 3PT%:.351

• Advertisement

Since others are doing this, I'll have a go.

1. Chris Paul
    2. Tony Parker
    3. Russell Westbrook
    4. Kyrie Irving
    5. Stephen Curry
    6. Jrue Holiday
    7. Deron Williams
    8. Damian Lillard
    9. Ty Lawson
    10.Greivis Vasquez

*I excluded injured players, and based my list on this season only, ie Deron in the past was a top 4/5 P.G for me.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/shaquille-oneal-phil-jackson-lakers-retire-jersey/5154a7f32b8c2a10f30000fd

Shaq having his jersey retired tonight. On the air atm live with Phil Jackson, Jeanie Buss & Kurt Rambis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

That was bad, someone (maybe in the same post) said Jarrett Jack was better. Jarrett f*cking Jack?? Seriously??

Here we are :
    Yeah GSW apparently have 2 PGs better than John Wall in Jack and Curry.

Everything on teh internets is true

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Lebon, D Wade and Mario Chalmers all out tonight.

579619_489298237786655_1575434869_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Since people are bringing up the top 10 PG's I thought it'd be worth linking back to this thread from June 2012 where posters named their top 5 at each position:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056670373

• Advertisement

Out of interest, as suggested , I have...

2010-11
    Wall
    GP:66 GS:64 PPG:16.4 APG:8.3 RPG:4.6 SPG:1.8 FG%:.409 3PT%:.296
    Vasquez
    GP:70 GS:1 PPG:3.6 APG:2.2 RPG:1.0 SPG:0.3 FG%:.408 3PT%:.291

2011-12
    Wall
    GP:66 GS:66 PPG:16.3 APG:8.0 RPG:4.5 SPG:1.4 FG%:.423 3PT%:.071
    Vasquez
    GP:66 GS:26 PPG:8.9 APG:5.4 RPG:2.6 SPG:0.9 FG%:.430 3PT%:.319

2012-13
    Wall
    GP:40 GS:33 PPG:17.3 APG:7.6 RPG:3.8 SPG:1.3 FG%:.443 3PT%:.314
    Vasquez
    GP:72 GS:72 PPG:15.3 APG:9.1 RPG:4.4 SPG:1.5 FG%:.434 3PT%:.351

Vasquez is on a very high level of year on year improvement, Wall is pretty static.....they're not that far apart stats wise yet you never hear anyone saying Vasquez should be getting a max! And yes, they last part was a joke!

Someone doesn't agree with you so it must be a troll? OK :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Coming from the guy who thinks Tony Parker isn't a top 10 PG in the NBA, that's funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

My top 5 in all positing right now.

PG

1st Paul
    2nd Parker
    3rd Westbrook
    4th Irving
    5th Curry

(If Rondo was fit he would go into my 3rd spot, knocking Curry off the List)

SG

1st Bryant
    2nd Wade
    3rd Harden
    4th Crawford
    5th Iguodala

SF

1st James
    2nd Durrant
    3rd Anthony
    4th George
    5th Pierce

PF

1st Duncan
    2nd Griffin
    3rd Aldridge
    4th Lee
    5th Nowitzki

C

1st Howard
    2nd Lopez
    3rd Gasol
    4th Noah
    5th Chandler

Steve Nash officially out of tonight's game

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Great player..heads above every1 else at the college level in terms of athletisicm

limerickfc wrote: »
    Great player..heads above every1 else at the college level in terms of athletisicm

Moved to the NBA DRAFT post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056896254

My top 5 in all positing right now.

(If Rondo was fit he would go into my 3rd spot, knocking Curry off the List)

SG

1st Bryant
    2nd Wade
    3rd Harden
    4th Crawford
    5th Iguodala

However disappointing Johnson has been for the Nets, I would still have him in the top 5. Personally I think JR Smith is a more talented player then Crawford, but of course I'm biased. I just don't think he's got the recognition he deserves, for whats been a standout year. He's averaging, 17.6 points 5.2 rebounds and 2.8 assist a game, and has shouldered the offensive load of being the Knicks secondary scorer all season, and has hit more than one game winner this year.

buyer95 wrote: »
    However disappointing Johnson has been for the Nets, I would still have him in the top 5. Personally I think JR Smith is a more talented player then Crawford, but of course I'm biased. I just don't think he's got the recognition he deserves, for whats been a standout year. He's averaging, 17.6 points 5.2 rebounds and 2.8 assist a game, and has shouldered the offensive load of being the Knicks secondary scorer all season, and has hit more than one game winner this year.

Yes Smith is a very good player. I'd probably have him 6th/7th but I would take Crawford. He has a better FG%, 3pt% and his FT% is allot better than Smith.

Yes Smith is a very good player. I'd probably have him 6th/7th but I would take Crawford. He has a better FG%, 3pt% and his FT% is allot better than Smith.
    Jr grabs more than 5 rebounds a game, Crawford averages 1.6, Jr averages about 5 mins extra per game when compared with Crawford, which means he attempts more shots, less minutes helps Crawford's FG%.Smith tore it up in March, he was one of just five NBA players who knocked down at least 20 three-pointers as well as 80 free throws. The other four members of that exclusive club: LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, James Harden and Kevin Durant.Crawford averages more turnovers a game. I think Crawford is a very good player, I guess we'll just agree to differ.

What many people don't realise though, is that JR is massivelly under payed, he's got to be one of the best contracts in the league. Last offseason JR was shocked about the lack of interest in him, but with a history of inconsisntent play on the court, and questionable behaviour off the court, it should hardly have come as a huge suprise. He drove George Karl crazy, and apparently when Grindwald asked Woodson if he wanted him on the team(he was playing in China, when the Knicks signed him) Woodson sought out Melo, who though being close friends with him in Denver, made it known that he felt JR would be a destructive influence on the team. Grundwald went ahead and signed him till the end of the season, and was one of the few players who performed for the Knicks in the playoffs last year. Smith was signed to a $2,806,452 contract this year, and $2,932,742. Novak is on double Smiths money, and so is Camby. Where is the love?:pac:

BG4o5TvCQAAMEyS.png:small

• Advertisement

Melo on fire early doors!

Wizards beat the Bulls just there at the death. Wall went for 27 points.
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Melo on fire early doors!

As is Mike Miller especially in the 2Q!

Impressive turnaround for Miami who lead at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Wizards beat the Bulls just there at the death. Wall went for 27 points.

That was depressing, Taj Gibson went off with a knee-injury. Don't know how bad it is yet, but if he's out on top of Noah's absence, we're ****ed.

40 points with 18 mins remaining for Melo now..

Really NY should be winning this comfortably without James and Wade on the floor

Felton is another PG better than John Wall

There you have it, 50 points on 26 shots for Melo.

Nicely done by Melo. 50 points

Lets go Mavs!

• Advertisement

Oh nice early dunk by Kobe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement