Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Lol, please forgive me kmart, I didn't watch a single basket last night let alone a half or entire game.

Most people here and generally have said they rather see Lakers in the playoffs over the Jazz. Oh and I'm fairly sure a few including myself have commented last week or the week before when they were back in the playoff spot too.
    Not aimed at you in the slightest, you watch games and comment on them which I like to read! It's the ridiculous posts by some that add nothing and come across as trying to convey a better knowledge of the game than others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

To say they're in is a little premature.

Jesus Christ, currently in....seems to be so important to you when they are outside the top 8!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

That's a ridiculous statement to make, Butler will never be as good as Paul George.
    George is an All-Star, The star player for The Pacers, better team than the Bulls
    There is no comparisson

George averages 18-4-8
    Butler averages 8-1-4

You know this time last year Paul George wasnt within an arses roar of being an all star right. He made a massive jump this year which probably only came about as a result of the injury to Granger. Let Boozer go down and Butler become more of a focal point for the Bulls offence and start for a season and then post stat lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EoinM1996

That's a ridiculous statement to make, Butler will never be as good as Paul George.
    George is an All-Star, The star player for The Pacers, better team than the Bulls
    There is no comparisson

George averages 18-4-8
    Butler averages 8-1-4

1: Pacers are not better than bulls with a healthy D Rose
    2: Id argue Granger is their star
    3: Butler: 25 mins 47% 36%3pt TO: 0.7
    George 38 mins 42% 36.6%3PT TO: 2.9

If Butler develops a consistent 17 foot jumper, and plays over 30 mins a game next year he can absolutely be as good as Paul George

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I'd have faith in the blazers if they weren't on an 8 game dive. Need the mother of all performance from D.Lillard tonight

• Advertisement

EoinM1996 wrote: »
    1: Pacers are not better than bulls with a healthy D Rose
    2: Id argue Granger is their star
    3: Butler: 25 mins 47% 36%3pt TO: 0.7
    George 38 mins 42% 36.6%3PT TO: 2.9

If Butler develops a consistent 17 foot jumper, and plays over 30 mins a game next year he can absolutely be as good as Paul George

You're embarrassing yourself mate. George is a superstar. He's younger than butler and he's already twice the player butler will ever be and getting better

You're embarrassing yourself mate. George is a superstar. He's younger than butler and he's already twice the player butler will ever be and getting better

George is a very good player, not a superstar yet though. Watch the Bulls Knicks game tomorrow and im sure your opinion on Jimmy Buckets will be different. Twice the player Butler will ever be already? That's a ridiculous statement

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

kmart6 wrote: »
    Not aimed at you in the slightest, you watch games and comment on them which I like to read! It's the ridiculous posts by some that add nothing and come across as trying to convey a better knowledge of the game than others!

I know, was just sassin' ya anyway. I was wanted in into the bickering going amongst many, much of which is hilarious I might add.

As I said, I hope they get into the playoffs but there's a part of me certainly taking some joy out of their failure no doubt about that. Jazz in the playoffs I have no wish to see and neither do most.

Knicks are hardly the team you expect to see an exhibition from Jim Butler against. The name Carmelo Anthony springs to mind, another is JR Swish.

Look, Butler is decent player, He's worth his place in the NBA. He has had an unbelievably hard life up to this point and he deserve every success in his life because he has worked harder than almost anybody else to get to this point

But he's not one of the elite SG/SF in this league. He's not "amazing"

Come on Rip City

• Advertisement

Awesome 1stQ Portland 41 - 33 Lakers, Lillard is ballin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I know, was just sassin' ya anyway. I was wanted in into the bickering going amongst many, much of which is hilarious I might add.

As I said, I hope they get into the playoffs but there's a part of me certainly taking some joy out of their failure no doubt about that. Jazz in the playoffs I have no wish to see and neither do most.

This. However fun it has been watching the Lakers struggle, I think we can all agree we would rather see a Lakers v Spurs/OKC series then any of those teams against the Jazz. Either way you'd expect the one seed to win, but the Lakers really do have a talented team, and who knows in the playoffs they might, get it together and cause a 1st round upset. It's more likely than the Jazz doing it anyway.

Lakers last 3

GSW(H)
    Spurs(H)
    Rockets(H)

Jazz last 3

T-Wolves(A)
    T-Wolves (H)
    Memphis(A)

I think the Jazz get it on the tie break

Knicks are hardly the team you expect to see an exhibition from Jim Butler against. The name Carmelo Anthony springs to mind, another is JR Swish.

Look, Butler is decent player, He's worth his place in the NBA. He has had an unbelievably hard life up to this point and he deserve every success in his life because he has worked harder than almost anybody else to get to this point

But he's not one of the elite SG/SF in this league. He's not "amazing"
    He came to prominence by shutting down Lebron and Kobe this year, he prefers harder matchups. He can be as good as deng and in turn as good as George. The kid oozes potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Coüple of stats I noticed today......

Steph Curry will likely become the first player to average 3 x 3 pointers and 6+ assists per game in NBA history. Assumed someone like Larry Bird would have done this but apparently not!

This will be the first year since the NBA started tracking rebounds as a stat (1950-51) that there won't be a 20-10 player in the league. As recently as 2 years ago, there were 4 and you don't have to go back much further to have 7 or more players averaging it. This used to be a benchmark in itself for judging big men, kinda sad to see it's not going to happen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Coüple of stats I noticed today......

Steph Curry will likely become the first player to average 3 x 3 pointers and 6+ assists per game in NBA history. Assumed someone like Larry Bird would have done this but apparently not!

This will be the first year since the NBA started tracking rebounds as a stat (1950-51) that there won't be a 20-10 player in the league. As recently as 2 years ago, there were 4 and you don't have to go back much further to have 7 or more players averaging it. This used to be a benchmark in itself for judging big men, kinda sad to see it's not going to happen this year.

Well in fairness if love was fit for the whole season, I think he would have got there. Brook Lopez should be able to do it, if he wasn't such a terrible rebounder for a 7 + footer. Dwight could do it if he was on a team where he was the no.1 option on offense. Horford isnt a million miles off it either.

But I agree with what your saying, overall I think it reflects the lack of real quality big men in the league. It's become a point guard orientated league, where a lot of teams play small ball, whereas before when you had 7 or so getting 20 and 10, it was all about getting the ball into your big and pounded it down low.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

What is David Lee avg this season? He was avg the 20 and 10 earlier in the season but I'm presuming that's dropped a bit has it?

stuba wrote: »
    What is David Lee avg this season? He was avg the 20 and 10 earlier in the season but I'm presuming that's dropped a bit has it?

18.6 - 11.3

Butler putting on a show so far

Pretty dull game so far. Couple of lame ass technical fouls.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Please Shaq, Kenny, Chuck entertain me

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Joey Crawford baby, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Knicks can't handle Nate Robinson. Bulls looking good for the win right now

OT in Chicargo. 105 - 105.

The streak is broken. Bulls Win in OT. Nate Robinson with 35 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nate is either really hot or really cold, but he's one of the most fun players to watch in the league IMO.

Paully D wrote: »
    Nate is either really hot or really cold, but he's one of the most fun players to watch in the league IMO.

See his Novak-p!ss pull celebrations after his 5th 3? Priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mirotic likely to join Bulls in 2014:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/13165/bulls-likely-to-wait-till-2014-for-mirotic
    Chicago Bulls fans eager for Nikola Mirotic to join the team that drafted him with the 24th pick in 2011 will likely have to wait until the summer of 2014, general manager Gar Forman explained.

"You're slotted in the first round, and I think the slot for No. 24 is $1.3 or $1.4 million," Forman said Thursday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "Well, he makes a lot more money than that right now over at Real Madrid. So the way the CBA is written is after three years then you're no longer slotted. Then you can use whether it's exception room or cap room in order to pay a guy.

"So there's no possibility this summer because next year will be his third year. But after next year, the summer of 2014, then we'll be able to start some negotiations as far as a buyout possibly with Real Madrid or negotiate with him to come over here."

The 6-10 forward has been compared to Dirk Nowitzki and Danilo Gallinari.

"He reminds me of Dirk and a little bit of Gallo, just a little bit," said Memphis center Zach Randolph, who played against Mirotic in an exhibition game. "But I can see the Dirk comparisons. I can see why, definitely."

Some thought Mirotic could play small forward, but Forman said he'll be a power forward.

"We're really, really excited about him," Forman said. "We built a relationship with him, we're in constant communication. John (Paxson) and I went up and saw him this fall when he played at Memphis and at Toronto in a couple NBA exhibitions, and we think the ceiling there is incredible.

"He's probably a four, but he's very, very skilled. He shoots it from 3, can handle it, good mobility. And he's a tough, tough kid."

Forman said Mirotic is about to win the Euroleague's Rising Star Award for the third time.

"Nobody has ever won it more than once, and some of the guys who have won it are the foreign guys who have come over, Rudy Fernandez, Nowitzki, Toni Kukoc and all those guys won it," he said. "He's going to win it for a third time, which is impressive."

See his Novak-p!ss pull celebrations after his 5th 3? Priceless.

For those of you who missed it (nice reaction from his team-mates):

And some previous context:

• Advertisement

Another big night in the West.

Utah at home to The T-Wolves. Absolute must win.

Lakers at home to The Warriors. Likewise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement