Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

I've noticed UPC leaving it late to update the EPG for example the NBA Tonight programme usually appears on the guide a few hours before it airs, but if you were looking for it a few days beforehand it wouldn't be there.

Heat and Knicks is mouth-watering. Hope Melo is over that finger injury.

If UPC starts showing games then I mightn't get league pass, but I am tempted.......how are Irish users finding it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Anyone any ideas if the Knicks-Lakers on Xmas day will be on ESPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas if the Knicks-Lakers on Xmas day will be on ESPN?

Should be, they had all games last year and there's no other live sports to compete. Can't wait, I've been lax following NBA this year so I'm gonna start getting big into it around Christmas, just as the NFL winds down. Looking forward to Sunday 6pm games again once the NFL season is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

Great! Now all I need is UPC to change the EPG so I can record and watch next day as I can't stay up that late on a school night.

Now on the UPC guide - sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RMJH13

Looking to record the knicks heat game on the upc guide, and its showing up as programme not available in roi??? espn uk press release clearly said available in uk and ireland from tonight??anyone else getting this?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Melo is out for the Knicks!

Shame. Was looking forward to this but it looks like I'll just be flicking over from Broncos/Raiders between breaks now. Just because I respect the Heat now doesn't mean I enjoy watching them win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Heat game on ESPN and gamepass connected with the hdmi for the NFL :)

Knicks shooting the lights out, amazing to watch, not exactly a sustainable strategy for the season though.

Dwayne Wade has been truly average this year, very frustrating watch him miss so many shots and just be an afterthought in the team.

• Advertisement

Absolutely gutted I fell asleep at HT. Missed the entire third quarter and the first half of the fourth, didn't even Sky + it :(

Delighted for the Knicks.

___

D Wade has had 1, maybe 2 good quarters this season from what I've seen of the Heat and perhaps I'm being kind. A shadow of his former self is an understatement.

Very much looking forward to OKC - Lakers tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Have to admit I didn't see that coming. Beating Miami by 20 in Miami without arguably your two best players is very impressive. Thing is if you live by the 3, you'll die by it too. NY simply can't consistently hit this number of 3's all year or into the Playoffs...the game is far more comlkicated than that. 8 in a quarter and 18 in a game is crazy stuff. It's fun to watch but it will be very interesting to see how long this continues and the impact Amare will have on this system when he returns. And you know Melo will jack it up all night.

Agree with above poster on Wade though. I wonder how much of this is the hangover from the knee injury he's had/supposedly had over the last 2 years or so. I'm not a huge Wade fan (I don't like the way he plays and his travelling is only surpassed by LeBron and Kobe) but it's not nice to see a guy who was previously on fire struggle like this.

I'd go as far to question D Wade's motivation too. Even just his body language out on court seems well, a tad off compared to years past, let alone his ability being on the wane, especially in getting to the basket which was noted again by the lads pre-game and I think during the half time report as well last night.

Perhaps I'm over-analyzing things in regards to his mentality. I just feel he wanted one more ring at the very least, unlike Le Bron who wanted far more (and is one of few out there who still looks like he has that hunger). Bosh is another one who has to be questioned, he's looked terrible himself at times.

As annoying as it might be (since we all wanna have the conversation now), I don't think we can fully judge the Heat until the play-offs. They say themselves that the 'real' season begins then. And given that the hunger and talent of LeBron and Ray Allen alone almost guarantees them a play-off spot, it's conversation over for now. Until then we'll just have to make do with questioning the Lakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joakim Noah went off on one tonight. Huge performance. Career high 30 points along with a career high 23 rebounds and also 6 assists. Last player to put up those sort of numbers was Garnett in 2004.

Bulls beat the Pistons 108-104 after being down by 15 at one stage before a strong finish to the half brought us back within 5 to keep us in the game. The offense was pretty fun to watch tonight.

I know it's only the Pistons but that is a big result ahead of a horrendous next set of games:

Knicks
    Clippers
    @ 76ers
    Nets
    @ Grizzlies
    Celtics
    @ Knicks
    @ Hawks

Ouch!

If you can call it a Lakers D, well it was torn a new one in that second quarter by OKC! Westbrook caught fire, 28 points by half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    If you can call it a Lakers D, well it was torn a new one in that second quarter by OKC! Westbrook caught fire, 28 points by half time.

Mike D'Antoni for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Joakim Noah went off on one tonight. Huge performance. Career high 30 points along with a career high 23 rebounds and also 6 assists. Last player to put up those sort of numbers was Garnett in 2004.

Think that one deserves the guns coming out.

NoahFingaGunz.gif

Interesting read on the Heat's defensive struggles below, too long to copy and paste:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/44564/unit-watch-the-heat-continue-to-struggle-on-defense

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

gotta love the Yanks and the random stats they keep. In last night's Top 10 plays, the guy who has the first play (#10) leads the NBA in 'All-Time 4-point Plays' :D

Real basketball fans stay up and watch the Raptors take on the Trailblazers. I even got to see history be made!

a2ef849ed5d9a2484ff4c65200ead9fb.png

Slight hint of sarcasm picked up hopefully! What a god awful game.

Real basketball fans stay up and watch the Raptors take on the Trailblazers. I even got to see history be made!

3 of 41 from the 3 point line says it all !

3 of 41 from the 3 point line says it all !

Mother of Christ! :eek:

On the other hand, Spurs/Rockets last night was a doozy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

a2ef849ed5d9a2484ff4c65200ead9fb.png

TBJ should be good with that game, another one they managed to piss away... "Give me some Raptor news "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Good atmosphere at these Knicks-Nets games, seems to be as many Knicks fans in the Barclays Center as Nets fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

If Kidd makes this 4 point play, go for it tiyuzi.

What a finish, well in Knicks :D

Looks like the Knicks v Nets could be come a big NBA rivalry. All they need is a Playoff Series or two to crank it up some more. Looked like a great atmosphere in the Braclays Centre last night, though seems there were more Knicks fans there than Nets (guess all the Asian Tourists have gone home :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). Great finish but what Kidd did is an offensive foul in my book as he extended way beyond his jumping plane (basket still counts though before anyone shoots me!).

Impressed the Kicks are still hitting their 3's and also impressed by the two runs they put in to close the deficits they had in each half....but Nets missing their big man and top scorer Brook Lopez.

If they (the Knicks) continue to play like this they will cause Miami huge match-up problems. In a similar strategy to what the Mavs used to beat the Heat in the Finals a few years ago they have a number of players who can space the floor with distance shooting and the same big man (Tyson Chandler) who offers solid points and offensive rebounding if they're not playing honest inside D. They are also much bigger than Miami and that in itself will be a problem for the Heat. Will be a very interesting series if it happens and home court advantage would be huge.

• Advertisement

If Kidd makes this 4 point play, go for it tiyuzi.

See tiyuzi got the boot - that was a funny post though! Was the dress for you Pizzaman? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement