Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2012/13

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Here's Amir Johnson getting ejected from the Raptors game the other night. Guy is actually the biggest idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Here's Amir Johnson getting ejected from the Raptors game the other night. Guy is actually the biggest idiot.

Haha I heard about that on TBJ but I didnt think it would be that funny. He's proper ragin' about it.

Whats the deal with players touching the ball between free throws anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

See tiyuzi got the boot - that was a funny post though! Was the dress for you Pizzaman? :D

Yes but Kidd missed so my post backfired :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Great win for the Warriors over Miami there. Been so impressive on this road trip. Love watching Steph Curry.

Also a nice little earner for myself. A whopping 31/10! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Nice road win for the Bulls in Philly. Finished the game with 1st and 2nd year players in the back-court (Teague and Butler). Another big game for Noah...21 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks and 1 steal. He also brought out the finger-guns after every make to wind up the Philly crowd, it was great.

Heat lose as well, sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Oh what a win, over the moon with the Warriors win, was screaming at the tv, some finish and pass from Jack at the end.
    I was optimistic about our season coming in but after going to the opening game I thought it was going to be the same old Warriors but they really have seemed to have turned a corner, they now have a winning attitude and it is all without Bogut.
    Curry has really matured and could be a real star, Lee is just a solid high IQ player, Thompson is special when he gets hot, Barnes will be very good, Landry was a steal when they picked him up, bench is very strong with the likes of Jack, they seemed to have bought into a system.

Great to beat a Miami team that brought their A game, LeBron was immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Interesting thought - take LeBron off Miami right now and how much worse they be? Wade is not performing to his 'normal' levels and seems unable or uninterested in tracking back in transition; their defense is poor (great article posted by someone easrlier in the thread on this) and they're losing games they should win - esp. at home.

I'm not a huge LeBron fan and likely won't ever be esp. after the debacle that was "The Decision" - but he is playing incredible ball this year and would likely be going for his 5th straight MVP Award were it not for voter-fatigue and, of course, "The Decision".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Big game for the struggling Lakers tonight at the Knicks.

Big game for the struggling Lakers tonight at the Knicks.

Think Barkley is in the commentary box for this one. Haven't seen the Lakers at all yet this season, will check them out. Couple of nice matchups...Chandler vs. Howard, Kobe vs. Melo.

D wade leading the all star ballot for eastern guards. Absolutely hate the current system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Looked like a great atmosphere in the Braclays Centre last night, though seems there were more Knicks fans there than Nets (guess all the Asian Tourists have gone home :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:).

What exactly is that supposed to mean/imply?!

kmart6 wrote: »

What exactly is that supposed to mean/imply?!
    I was at the Nets V Clippers game a few weeks ago (November 23rd to be precise) - I did post about this a few pages back. The atmosphere there was pretty lame - largely due to the fact that the Nets have yet to establish a fan base in Brooklyn. The place was full of Asian Tourists I suspect in the US for Thanksgiving etc. They made NO noise.

The reason the game v the Knicks the other night was supposed to have had such a good atmosphere was Knicks fans made the trip out to Brooklyn for the game. This was widely commented on in US print and tv media.

That's all! Think you might be seriously over-analysing!

Well I was at the Nets/Timberwolves game on November 5th(to be precise) and I have to say I have no idea where your coming from that! There was no sign of Asian tourists as you put it, just regular members of the Asian community, if anything it was mainly full, of what people will want to label as the fan base due to the area, African Americans!

Felt the atmosphere was very good for a regular season game so early on, not going to get a electric atmosphere in any arena this early in the season unless its a major rivalry, which is what Wednesday night and that series is going to be made into!

As for there being more Knicks fans, I could say that could easily be put down to the resale of tickets on Stubhub etc....! Friends of mine paid a couple of hundred bucks each to go! The 'fan base' in Brooklyn wouldn't have that cash for a non important game!

Well I was at the Nets/Timberwolves game on November 5th(to be precise) and I have to say I have no idea where your coming from that! There was no sign of Asian tourists as you put it, just regular members of the Asian community, if anything it was mainly full, of what people will want to label as the fan base due to the area, African Americans!

Felt the atmosphere was very good for a regular season game so early on, not going to get a electric atmosphere in any arena this early in the season unless its a major rivalry, which is what Wednesday night and that series is going to be made into!

As for there being more Knicks fans, I could say that could easily be put down to the resale of tickets on Stubhub etc....! Friends of mine paid a couple of hundred bucks each to go! The 'fan base' in Brooklyn wouldn't have that cash for a non important game!

Wow, sorry, but are you looking for an argument? To be 100% clear, my comment was a statement of fact, based on my attendance at a game over a peak holiday period in NY. It was not in any way meant to be taken as a racist statement - which is what I think you're trying to imply?

The section I was seated in (I don't have the tickets to hand but will check for you if you really need this info.?) was 90%+ Asian and tourist - this I could tell from talking to the people around me and listening to them talk in their native tongue(s). They were more interested in the fact that I was Irish and talk than I was in their ethnicity. A couple even took photos of me with them as I was towering over them (I'm 6'6").

You weren't at the game I was at yet felt free to cast aspertions at my comments, comparing it to a different game at a less tourist heavy time.

Then you imply that African Americans couldn't afford to go to the Knicks game? Somewhat hypocritical to put it mildly.

Not going to engage further with you on this topuc after this post.

Lads nobody cares what the race of the crowd is, back to the basketball talk ! :)

Three games tonight
    Charlotte - Atlanta
    Lakers - Knicks
    San Antonio - Portland

The middle game obviously being the pick of the bunch. Pulling an all nighter for study so going to be checking in on the games in between work ! Lakers really need to get a showcase win at this stage. No good Kobe going off for a big score every night if they don't pick up the W.

In other news I just realised that the Twolves are 10-9. Seriously impressive considering they were without their star player for the first few weeks and still haven't got Rubio back.

Oh whatever, nowhere did I say it was a racist statement! Moving on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

padraig_f wrote: »
    Nice road win for the Bulls in Philly. Finished the game with 1st and 2nd year players in the back-court (Teague and Butler). Another big game for Noah...21 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks and 1 steal. He also brought out the finger-guns after every make to wind up the Philly crowd, it was great.

Heat lose as well, sweet.

Very nice win, most positive aspect for me was probably seeing Teague being so impressive. 12-9 now and with a closer in our team (AKA D Rose) we'd probably be around 16-5. If we can keep that sort of record ticking along until March then with the momentum Rose would bring we could be in for a very interesting few months.

I am worried about the amount of minutes are main guys are playing though, what do you think? I reckon it will really catch up on us as we move further though the year. Good read on it from Grantland http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45191/joakim-noah-luol-deng-and-the-chicago-bulls-minutes-problem. From that article it states Noah is now averaging 40.1 minutes a game which no big man has come near matching since Duncan averaged 40.7 in 2001 and Deng is averaging 41. If that continues those two will be burnt out by the time Rose gets back.

On Noah, I hope he makes the all-star game. He deserves it.

Also, I was sad to hear about the shootings after the game. Two Bulls fans were shot after an argument between them and Philly fans on the train after the game, according to SI. Hopefully they make full recoveries and the shooters are caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Looking forward to Knicks Lakers tonight. Feeling pretty confident, mainly because of the fact the Lakers are not playing defense at the moment. Their help d has been woeful. Howard can't leave his man to block shots because D' Antoni has failed to implement a functioning read and react, help defense. Infact, I would go as far as to say tha D' Antoni doesn't know how to use him, being a offensive minded coach, a player like Dwight, with no jump shot is a nightmare for him, as his second option on offense. The Lakers are playing slow, methodical offense, which isn't how D' Antoni likes to play ot either.

Kobe could go for 40 tonight again and still lose, the Lakers have lost 4 straight, Im just hoping tonight isn't when they put it together.

Should be good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Shame Knicks/Lakers isn't on ESPN...but they do tend to miss the boat a lot on regular season games.

leggo wrote: »
    Shame Knicks/Lakers isn't on ESPN...but they do tend to miss the boat a lot on regular season games.
    Who misses the boat?!

• Advertisement

ESPN...

Eh didn't they only sort out the contract in the last 10 days?!

Paully D wrote: »
    I am worried about the amount of minutes are main guys are playing though, what do you think? I reckon it will really catch up on us as we move further though the year. Good read on it from Grantland http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/45191/joakim-noah-luol-deng-and-the-chicago-bulls-minutes-problem. From that article it states Noah is now averaging 40.1 minutes a game which no big man has come near matching since Duncan averaged 40.7 in 2001 and Deng is averaging 41. If that continues those two will be burnt out by the time Rose gets back.

Yeah, I'm a big Thibs fan, but you don't agree with everything a coach does, and the biggest thing I disagree with him is the minutes. He seems to play every game like it's an NBA Finals. I think you could take more calculated risks in the regular season. Take a leaf out of Popovich's book.

You see Teague and Butler closing out the game in a competent fashion last night, and you wonder why they haven't played more. Teague was only in because of the Hinrich injury and played very little before that. I know he's still a bit raw, but you need to play him to develop him.

Noah's minutes are scary for a big guy, you've got your center leading the league in minutes (and Deng 2nd). Thibs doesn't seem to like Nazr Mohammed at all. Last year you had Asik coming in for 15-20 mins, but Mohammed has hardly played. Think they might need to do a trade or something to get some backup help in that position.

Eh didn't they only sort out the contract in the last 10 days?!

Do you work for them or something? They missed a lot of key regular season games last year too.

No, but Jesus give them a chance, the deal is for 3 games a week, showed Kicks/Nets and Celtics/Mavs this week, hardly going to show the Knicks again two nights later!

Yeah because who cares about the Knicks or Lakers? I just said I would've liked to see the game, mate, let it go...

Melo off to a flyer as are the Knicks as a whole in that 1Q.

You made a statement, and I just commented on it, what a forum is all about....touchy!

Melo on fire so far....could be a long night for the Lakers!

Knicks won again last night. Not surprising :P Made all us spread bettors nervous though! :pac:

Watched the first half of the Spurs game after that. Back to back losses for the Spurs now, but what I took note of (after reading up on the second half just there) was Damian Lillard's performance. The kid is some talent. Watched the Trailblazers a few times this season and he's always stood out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

You made a statement, and I just commented on it, what a forum is all about....touchy!

Melo on fire so far....could be a long night for the Lakers!
    Here mate would you ever fúck off if all you're here to do is try and derail the thread.

On a basketball note, wtf is going on with the Lakers. Never thought I'd be hoping for a win against the Wizards this season but that's where we are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement