Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Desktop

Options
  • 28-10-2012 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

tried setting up remote desktop on 2 winxp machines. it actually worked but its not doing what i wanted. i need the one computer usable over a 2 computer network. with windows xp remote desktop it kicks the main user so the other computer can use it. but i need the main computer active while the other person can also use it over the network. is there any programs that could do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

tried setting up remote desktop on 2 winxp machines. it actually worked but its not doing what i wanted. i need the one computer usable over a 2 computer network. with windows xp remote desktop it kicks the main user so the other computer can use it. but i need the main computer active while the other person can also use it over the network. is there any programs that could do this.

Teamviewer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

teamviewer does the job thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OP also try www.logmein.com - I've been using it for years, very simple I love it.

I tried Teamviewer once but didn't really get it to work. Must give it another go I hear it's good. What makes it better than logmein anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

For me its Teamviewer, I tried Logmein a while ago but reverted back to Teamviewer as there was just too much arsing with Logmein as I had to log onto the website every time and I was unable to transfer files via Logmein.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, File Transfer and Sound For me.
    If i'm remotely logged in to another PC, Audio can be an advantage sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Any form of vnc, team viewer, or logmein will allow you to control the host pc, while still allowing the host pc to retain controls. They will both be seeing the same screen though, one person can't be using excel for example, and another guy browses the net. They share the screen and controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Most of them also allow you to turn off the display and lock the controls on the host PC... if you don't want to "share the screen and controls". ;)

Advertisement