Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montessori Teacher/Summer Hours/Male

• 28-10-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello,

I'm planning on studying Montessori Teaching online next year. I'm saving to do Psychotherapy in Pci, and following that do a masters in child art therapy. I want to do be a Montessori teacher to gain practical experience of working with children before I begin to learn to work with children in a therapeutic setting.

I have two topics I would like to discuss with people before I spent €2000 on an online course in Montessori teaching. Any advice on these issues would be great.

Summer hours: Obviously Montessori teachers do not get paid during the summer hours, like Primary and Secondary teachers, so I was wondering about summer hours for Montessori teachers. Do some Montessori's stay open all summer for camps etc..., or do all close until August/September? I just want to know do I need to look for work elsewhere for every summer. I know some Montessori teachers have creche facilities, so potentially I could in that facility during the summer. It would be great to here from more experienced people with regards this.

Male teacher: I'd like to think that there is little ill feeling with regards to a male Montessori teacher in 2012, but i'm also a realist. Is it a hindrance to be a male in this profession? From my point of view, I don't think there is enough of a balance between male/female teachers, I also think it can be good for the child's development to have somewhat of a male role model in that child's life. Again, it would be great to hear from parents/teachers regarding this issue.

I really appreciate if anyone takes the time to read this, and any opinions/advice would be great.

Advertisement