Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papa John`s Usless!

• 28-10-2012 2:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

So i did not know where to post this really,so since i ordered in the Castletroy Papa John`s i thought i`d post in here.

So i called up to order a pizza as you do last night, and i wanted to order the "meal deal 4", so as i order the pizza(The Works) i want i was told that i could not have it. I was shocked and said i have no problem paying the extra as it says on the menu, to which the guy on the phone said they is no way i can get that! Its 3 toppings or nothing was the only option i had!

I find this to be a joke and will never go back to order off them again. Anyways just a heads up on this, and if anyone had no problem getting what they wanted i would like to know as i have emailed them already and would like to throw it at them.

Angry about 1th world problems!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That is a bit strange, maybe they didnt have the food in stock to make the works? Contact Head office I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

deadeye187 wrote: »
    So i did not know where to post this really,so since i ordered in the Castletroy Papa John`s i thought i`d post in here.

So i called up to order a pizza as you do last night, and i wanted to order the "meal deal 4", so as i order the pizza(The Works) i want i was told that i could not have it. I was shocked and said i have no problem paying the extra as it says on the menu, to which the guy on the phone said they is no way i can get that! Its 3 toppings or nothing was the only option i had!

I find this to be a joke and will never go back to order off them again. Anyways just a heads up on this, and if anyone had no problem getting what they wanted i would like to know as i have emailed them already and would like to throw it at them.

Angry about 1th world problems!:D

This is definitely across the board stupidity. In waterford recently I rang up to order the large pizza deal and I wanted to get some chicken as well.

First off I was told that I had to use the 3 toppings. I told them that I only wanted 2...they said I need to get three. In the end they said "Ok, we'll just put cheese as the third topping". She then went through about 5 combinations of my order to try and incorporate chicken.

After all the hassle of trying to take the order they inevitably messed it up. I had stressed that I wanted BBQ base on the pizza and they forgot.

Useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

This is definitely across the board stupidity. In waterford recently I rang up to order the large pizza deal and I wanted to get some chicken as well.

First off I was told that I had to use the 3 toppings. I told them that I only wanted 2...they said I need to get three. In the end they said "Ok, we'll just put cheese as the third topping". She then went through about 5 combinations of my order to try and incorporate chicken.

After all the hassle of trying to take the order they inevitably messed it up. I had stressed that I wanted BBQ base on the pizza and they forgot.

Useless.

Why don't you leave a comment on their Facebook page and get a load of pointless thanks? Seems to be the going trend these days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Why don't you leave a comment on their Facebook page and get a load of pointless thanks? Seems to be the going trend these days!

LOL....i don`t do facebook. Think its a waist of time tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

LOL....i don`t do facebook. Think its a waist of time tbh.

And posting here isn't?
    Do you think Pappa Johns reads boards? :o

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    And posting here isn't?
    Do you think Pappa Johns reads boards? :o

Well it would be hard for "Papa Johns" to read a thread since its a company and has no concept of words!

And this is just to give ppl a heads up and just to discuss it!......

But thank you Mr. Hawkings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No offense intended, deadeye187.

Mr E wrote: »
    No offense intended, deadeye187.

Tbh none taken, i was poking fun at you!....

But really your a mod and should ppl come on here to discuss everything from A to Z they should do without the "powers" belittling the situation!....Is this not what Boards is for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Tbh none taken, i was poking fun at you!....

But really your a mod and should ppl come on here to discuss everything from A to Z they should do without the "powers" belittling the situation!....Is this not what Boards is for?

He's not a mod, he's a CMod and he's not using any "powers" to belittle the situation as he doesn't have any powers here.

I do however have "powers" here and will hand out warnings/infractions if I feel they are warranted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

You should try the one in town .... at there three times and they got the order wrong twice.

I had to laugh at the first time, I ordered a small pizza (6slices) and was given a personal (4 slices). When I said I ordered a small I was told "sorry, thats what we call a small" .. ??? :eek::confused::confused:

Ok, so you have a personal , small, med and large but as staff you call the personal small? What in the name of god do you call the other sizes then?? I didnt even ask as it was a pointless conversation. They sorted it out but I was another 10 mins waiting around which after 20 mins waiting kinda defeats the point of fast food.

Best advice if your in town - stick to papa ginos on denmark street, my dad took me there when I was a kid and I still go there now. The place hasnt changed a single bit but Gino is so friendly, the smell of real decent ingredients and the Italian soap operas on in the background truly make the place excellent. The pizzas are the finest I have ever had , no oil run off, no cheap piles of cheese and beautiful crispy (but not cut your jaws) bases. Would highly recommend.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    He's not a mod, he's a CMod and he's not using any "powers" to belittle the situation as he doesn't have any powers here.

I do however have "powers" here and will hand out warnings/infractions.

Is this a threat to me or something?....

hightower1 wrote: »
    You should try the one in town .... at there three times and they got the order wrong twice.

I had to laugh at the first time, I ordered a small pizza (6slices) and was given a personal (4 slices). When I said I ordered a small I was told "sorry, thats what we call a small" .. ??? :eek::confused::confused:

Ok, so you have a personal , small, med and large but as staff you call the personal small? What in the name of god do you call the other sizes then?? I didnt even ask as it was a pointless conversation. They sorted it out but I was another 10 mins waiting around which after 20 mins waiting kinda defeats the point of fast food.

Best advice if your in town - stick to papa ginos on denmark street, my dad took me there when I was a kid and I still go there now. The place hasnt changed a single bit but Gino is so friendly, the smell of real decent ingredients and the Italian soap operas on in the background truly make the place excellent. The pizzas are the finest I have ever had , no oil run off, no cheap piles of cheese and beautiful crispy (but not cut your jaws) bases. Would highly recommend.

Thanks man, i will defo pop in there to check it out. I will never give Papa Johns a cent ever again!....its madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Yeah the place in Castletroy is pretty lame. Rang an order in and they got it completely arse ways (i ordered a thin crust and what i received was an extra thick crust... Again 1st world problems!). When i went back to politely complain they guy there couldn't have been less interested. He definitely had an air of being a useless prick.

The manager was at least apologetic but i haven't been back and will probably never go back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Is this a threat to me or something?....

Sorry, wasn't directed at just you but at everyone, I missed a bit off the end of the post when I was distracted by something here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the one in Raheen is great

Clareman wrote: »
    Sorry, wasn't directed at just you but at everyone, I missed a bit off the end of the post when I was distracted by something here.

I see, but what i don`t see is why you would ever direct some sort of threat at me tho or at anyone!...Is it because i opened up a thread against Papa Johns!?..You must be one hard core customer!. So you can be the bigger man here and apologize for a nothing threat to whoever it was aimed at!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I see, but what i don`t see is why you would ever direct some sort of threat at me tho!...Is it because i opened up a thread against Papa Johns!?..You must be one hard core customer!. So you can be the bigger man here and apologize for a nothing threat to whoever it was aimed at!

Cop yourself on or I'll ban you before Clareman even sees your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

That escalated quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

So the WUM has 188 post and he knows what boards is and is not for , you know what it is not for complaining about papa johns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

the only good papa johns is the one out in Raheen way nicer pizzas too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

hightower1 wrote: »

slightly off topic kinda, but Ginos is fab, and I've a great story I had too share had two cousins visiting from Canada and as you do brought them to a munster match and in to Nancy for a few scoops, hunger pangs set in and they said pizza, I said Ginos the man, so after we ordered and we where chatting to Gino he was talking to the two lads where you staying etc he offers us a lift home in his taxi, locked up shop and brought us home as we ate his pizzas in his cab some gent, did us a good deal on the fare home to, the guys still talk about how nice he was

Advertisement