Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Walkers

Options
  • 28-10-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

What does.Pre Walkers Size.2 mean ? Are they for 9 to 12.month baby ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Every child has different size feet. Get them measured in the shoe shop properly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I agree,it depends on the size of the child.
    Clarks will measure their feet usually with very little pressure to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

You don't need to get a 9month old's feet measured!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I agree,it depends on the size of the child.
    Clarks will measure their feet usually with very little pressure to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Dad11 wrote: »
    :confused:

Yes, you do if you are putting shoes (pre-walkers) on them. Some kids are walking unaided by 9 months old, in full shoes, some kids start to walk at 2 years old. None of us know what stage your 9 month old is at, or what size their feet are. You and your wife are similar age, are you the same shoe size?

Why on earth would you want to put them in shoes that don't fit? Would you wear shoes that were too big or too small for you? Why do it to your child?

If you don't want to get shoes, stick with the socks. Socks don't have to be measured. And if they are not at the cruising stage yet, I wouldn't bother with the pre-walkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

why do you feel you need to get pre-walkers.

we were always advised not to put anything on their feel until they are waking.
    Being in their socks helps them feel the ground and get better balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I would tend to agree - get your childs feet measured if you want to put them in shoes!

It is not advised by podiatrists to put shoes on a baby/toddler until they are steady walking unassisted. Before that point socks should be adequate, or soft bootees if you are worried about their feet being too cold in socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I got my boy a pair of Grippy Socks/Skidders online when he started to stand at 8 months. They're sized according to age and we ended up having to return and exchange for age 12-15 months, but the p&p cost was covered for returns. Check them out and see if you think it'll do your baby. They're just socks with soft grippy rubber sole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I got my boy a pair of Grippy Socks/Skidders online when he started to stand at 8 months. They're sized according to age and we ended up having to return and exchange for age 12-15 months, but the p&p cost was covered for returns. Check them out and see if you think it'll do your baby. They're just socks with soft grippy rubber sole.
    Could you add a link to where you got these? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Could you add a link to where you got these? Thanks

Sure thing. Got them from the Bold Baby site. We received them in a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Dad11 wrote: »

If you're going to put rigid shoes on their feet, then I think you should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Hi there,

We are using pre walker slippers as our floor is tiles and can be very cold

If you're going to put rigid shoes on their feet, then I think you should.

Advertisement