Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repair in Ennis

• 28-10-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Where is Ennis does computer repairs?

My old mans laptop is playing up, the screen keeps cutting out/ darkening or it doesn't go on at all. I think it will just be a problem with the ribbon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seanie03_ie

MrsD007 wrote: »

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 catk123

Hey sorry to hijack this thread but i can't remember how to start a new thread i'm having the same problem with my screen too it keeps going blank but when i close it or open it again it will turn on for a second and goes off again. just wondering if anyone has any ideas on if it is a big issue or is it worth fixing? hopefully it is as i can't afford a new one lol :) thanks in advance and again sorry for hijacking the thread

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sounds like the invertor card is gone, depending on the make and model the part could cost €5 to €100, you might be best asking in the Laptops forum

To start a new thread click new thread on the top left corner of each new page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seanie03_ie

I got in conact with this man ...... http://www.clarepcrepair.net/ ..... and he had my old mans laptop repaired in about 3 or 4 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 catk123

Thanks for the reply Clareman i will try get it to a repair shop soon but its hard at the min i need it for college so will have to put up with the ten mins to get the screen going lol :) hopefully they'll say what you said and it won't cost too much. Thanks to you too Seanie I've just sent that guy an E-mail :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Inverters are built into the screen these days and in most laptops they cannot be separated. You would need to purchase a new screen in most cases, which will runn you about €100 - €200 depending on the model. Go on ebay and search for LAPTOP SCREEN MODEL NAME and get ideas of the price as well as see if the inverter is built in or not.

You will be paying that price plus another €50 - €100 for installation depending on who you get to repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

New PC Repair shop opened in Ennis - Clare PC Repairs
    Where Michelle O'Keeffes solicitors office used to be, on Cornmarket Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Yes Zweton, very good. Not expensive and go out of the way to help people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi folks,

Bit of a Zombie/shill thread going on here, I'll leave it up so people can find the information above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement