Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Ballyannan Woods, Midleton

Options
  • 28-10-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Looking to take the dogs down to Ballyannan Woods near Midleton but I'm not clear on how to get there. The directions on the Coillte website say to turn off at the roundabout for Whitegate and then take the second left. But Google maps don't show any way to access the woods from that side of the water. Is there a footbridge or something that isn't on the map or are the directions incorrect?

www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=53&rec_site=147&activity=&no_cache=1

My dogs aren't known for their patience when they know there being taken somewhere, so I'd rather know where I'm going before we leave home!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

The area they have directions to is an area where there is parking, and a walking area with footbridge. When you get to the end of the walk, it brings you to the start of the woods. Google map pic here. Another way to get there, which might be easier is to take the first exit at Lakeview roundabout, towards the town and take the left just after the pedestrian crossing and once you get to the end of the road, turn left and its just on your right, just past where you drive under the N25.

The directions down further take you right down to the woods, if you wanted to get straight to the woods.

Hope this helps, its a lovely place for walking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Brilliant, thanks very much! The directions make a lot more sense now :)

Advertisement