Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammer near Tara St Station

Options
  • 28-10-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been accosted by a couple recently. He is holding a white stick, she tells people 'my husband has lost/forgotten his bus pass'. a. if subject has forgotten the pass, go back and get it, or b. if subject has lost pass there are procedures for replacement. A genuine mishap would be treated sympathetically by rail staff. so we should be careful out there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Careful of what? You haven't described a scam yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What's a subject :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

ALERT THE GUARDS - THIS IS SERIOUS ****

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Are they just relaying this information to the general public? Where's the scam?

......and there's no such thing as a "bus pass". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

ALERT THE GUARDS - THIS IS SERIOUS ****

I think this is more for the FBI.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You haven't described a scam yet.
    Where's the scam?

I think you have to send the OP your bank details to find out. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Dishonest compared to simply begging but I don't know if blagging a few euros deserves a thread of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I don't know if blagging a few euros deserves a thread of its own.
    The OP didn't mention money but simply that a wife was informing others that her husband had lost/forgotten his travel pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I really don't see a point to this thread, locked. And, in future can we save the AH style responses for AH

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement