Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Native Instruments Maschine Mikro

• 28-10-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been looking in to the NI Maschine Mikro and being a newcomer to music production I am wondering if this would be a good buy for what I am looking for. Before hearing about this product I was going to buy a midi keyboard controller with pads like the M Audio Axiom. I want to be able to manually program drum beats and trigger samples so the Maschine looks really good for this. A friend told me that I can do all of this on my screen with the DAW but in terms of live performance and making things simpler, I would like to have pads in front of me. Anyone used this product or have any input?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Hi, I have been looking in to the NI Maschine Mikro and being a newcomer to music production I am wondering if this would be a good buy for what I am looking for. Before hearing about this product I was going to buy a midi keyboard controller with pads like the M Audio Axiom. I want to be able to manually program drum beats and trigger samples so the Maschine looks really good for this. A friend told me that I can do all of this on my screen with the DAW but in terms of live performance and making things simpler, I would like to have pads in front of me. Anyone used this product or have any input?

Thanks!

You can literally do 99% of stuff without having to even look at the screen of the computer. There's a screen built into the Maschines, although for the Mikro it's one instead of two for the bigger Maschine.

It allows you to just concentrate on the pads, and if you know what each does you'll figure it out. Very hands on like that.

Advertisement